Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default Way to come back and win Evil...

you whopped my ass in fantasy basketball.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our series was a lot closer than the final score indicated, and it was certainly one of the toughest ones I've ever competed in. On paper, I'm pretty sure that you had a better team than me, which is why I had to resort to platooning in semi-decent players and scrubs on a day to day basis, and the only reason I think I beat you was because I started utilizing that desperate expedient a day or two before you did. Congrats on fielding a great team, and have a great one, Ummmm OK. I already can't wait until the next draft, and I look forward to battling with you again next season
Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

After knocking me out in the semi-finals of one of my leagues and the finals of the other Evil is my new nemisis.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
After knocking me out in the semi-finals of one of my leagues and the finals of the other Evil is my new nemisis.
You came within a razor's edge of knocking me out in both of those series ...

Nemesis on a brass sestertius of Hadrian, struck at Rome AD 136.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna have to play with you guys next year. I tried having a league with some rl friends but they're all idiots and they ended up ruining the league by making awful trades and stuff half way through.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I'm gonna have to play with you guys next year. I tried having a league with some rl friends but they're all idiots and they ended up ruining the league by making awful trades and stuff half way through.
You definitely should, FluidFortyOne. We've been running these D-M leagues for quite a few years now, and they are always very active and very competitive, but you can never have enough good, active managers in any league..
Old 04-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i have never done anything fantasy sports related.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
You should play next year, MavsX. In my opinion, fantasy BBall is a lot of fun, it really doesn't take much time, and it's a game that is very easy for any informed NBA fan who has never played before to pick up very quickly. Plus, the bragging rights and trophies that you earn by winning and placing in our traditional D-M.com leagues never go away on your Yahoo profile ...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-17-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

We may have to get 3 d-m.com leagues up next year.

Of course, people are around the board a lot now. In September and October, there's never anyone here.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Our series was a lot closer than the final score indicated, and it was certainly one of the toughest ones I've ever competed in. On paper, I'm pretty sure that you had a better team than me, which is why I had to resort to platooning in semi-decent players and scrubs on a day to day basis, and the only reason I think I beat you was because I started utilizing that desperate expedient a day or two before you did. Congrats on fielding a great team, and have a great one, Ummmm OK. I already can't wait until the next draft, and I look forward to battling with you again next season
I thought I had ya, until you started dropping your whole roster every single day. This is only my second time playing fantasy basketball, so you got me by a veteran move. Very well played.

I had a pretty decent team, one of my biggest problem is, I had too many players on teams that had nothing to win to keep playing their starters before playoffs.

Next year, maybe I can take the great EVIL. Have a good one.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #11
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX

Me Neither..

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummmmm Ok
I thought I had ya, until you started dropping your whole roster every single day. This is only my second time playing fantasy basketball, so you got me by a veteran move. Very well played.

I had a pretty decent team, one of my biggest problem is, I had too many players on teams that had nothing to win to keep playing their starters before playoffs.

Next year, maybe I can take the great EVIL. Have a good one.
I've always felt like they should end fantasy seasons three or four weeks earlier. There usually isn't much movement in the standings after the first couple of months and too many strange things happen the last couple of weeks of the year. Most of the time it's not at all representative of how the season went. The close race in the West kept a lot of those teams honest but that was more of an anomaly than anything.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #13
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Alby crushed me in Evil's other league.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote