Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #1481
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

mc hot dog

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #1482
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Robin Thicke. Just saw this guy live, he's the bomb.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #1483
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

3 disc changer:
Tragically Hip "Up To Here"
The Beatles "Revolver"
Alan Parsons "Eye In The Sky"
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #1484
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
RATM - bombtrack (those were the good days)
you know rage is gettin back together right?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #1485
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Jeff Tweedy - Live @ The Vic.

love that guy. amazing songwriter.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 AM   #1486
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

andrew osenga - "The Morning"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #1487
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
has that been confirmed
I know that they're doing a reunion concert for the $, and most people jumped to the conclusion that since Audioslave broke up, they'd just start again with Zach, but is it official?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #1488
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
has that been confirmed
I know that they're doing a reunion concert for the $, and most people jumped to the conclusion that since Audioslave broke up, they'd just start again with Zach, but is it official?
theyre playing four shows, but havent said anything beyond that. i wish they would get back together

the pumpkins have a new album, which is so freakin exciting for me.
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #1489
CarolinaJHoFan

CarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enoughCarolinaJHoFan will become famous soon enough

Rasheedah - GA Peach
Old 04-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #1490
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Deerhoof - Reveille
Amadou and Mariam - Dimanche a Bamako

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #1491
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Hogpig - Le Porc Du Porc
The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #1492
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan
theyre playing four shows, but havent said anything beyond that. i wish they would get back together
you'd think Zach would have plenty of material saved up, especially nowadays
Old 04-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #1493
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
you'd think Zach would have plenty of material saved up, especially nowadays
yeah thats what i was thinking
Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 AM   #1494
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan

Yeah, but only for the Coachella, right?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #1495
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:

the pumpkins have a new album, which is so freakin exciting for me.

No way? Pumpkins got a new album? Everybody's back like D'Arcy, Iha, Chamberlin? Far out!

Old 04-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #1496
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

sasha n digweed

Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #1497
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

Quote:
No way? Pumpkins got a new album? Everybody's back like D'Arcy, Iha, Chamberlin? Far out!
Its coming out july 7th! The only confirmed members are Corgan and Chamberlain. D'Arcy owns a farm somewhere and is probably coked out of her head. i dont know about james, i hope he's in if only for old-time sake.

the pumpkins first show back together is may 22nd in paris france, so we'll find out who's in and what the new stuff sounds like. they've been recording this album for two years so it should be solid. Billy's been using his gear from the Siamese Dream/Gish years, if that means anything

when they play dallas show or anywhere near there, i'll be the first in line
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #1498
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
3 disc changer:
Tragically Hip "Up To Here"
The Beatles "Revolver"
Alan Parsons "Eye In The Sky"

Revolver is definitely my favorite beatles album... "and your bird can sing"
Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #1499
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, but only for the Coachella, right?
Coachella, which I'll hopefully be at, and three shows (2 in NYC, 1 in LA, I believe) with the Wu-Tang Clan, and some other crazy good hip-hop acts.

Wish I could make it to those, I think Rage and the Wu would make my head explode.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #1500
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Listened to a little bit of Liquid Swords, right now I'm rocking some Dark Side of the Moon.

I've also got this handy new signature, so you can see if I'm lying or not.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #1501
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Listened to a little bit of Liquid Swords, right now I'm rocking some Dark Side of the Moon.
it's not humanly possible to overrate pink floyd -- great stuff.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 AM   #1502
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Its coming out july 7th! The only confirmed members are Corgan and Chamberlain. D'Arcy owns a farm somewhere and is probably coked out of her head. i dont know about james, i hope he's in if only for old-time sake.

the pumpkins first show back together is may 22nd in paris france, so we'll find out who's in and what the new stuff sounds like. they've been recording this album for two years so it should be solid. Billy's been using his gear from the Siamese Dream/Gish years, if that means anything

when they play dallas show or anywhere near there, i'll be the first in line

You kidding? That means everything! Should be a solid outing. Dang Im so excited, this is getting me all hyped up. Woot!

Last edited by mqywaaah; 04-12-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #1503
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Coachella, which I'll hopefully be at, and three shows (2 in NYC, 1 in LA, I believe) with the Wu-Tang Clan, and some other crazy good hip-hop acts.

Wish I could make it to those, I think Rage and the Wu would make my head explode.

I hate you.

Bring me! Bring me!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #1504
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

Quote:
You kidding? That means everything! Should be a solid outing. Dang Im so excited, this is getting me all hyped up. Woot!
nice to know someone else appreciates those awesome awesome albums
Old 04-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #1505
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
nice to know someone else appreciates those awesome awesome albums

Trust me when I say this, there are alot more like us out there. Quit stalling and Smash 'em Pumpkins already!

Gish is the bomb!
Siamese? Priceless.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #1506
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

Quote:
Trust me when I say this, there are alot more like us out there. Quit stalling and Smash 'em Pumpkins already!

Gish is the bomb!
Siamese? Priceless.
do you like Pisces Iscariot? ive been listening to that and Mellon Collie a lot recently. I also have the entire The Aeroplane Flies High box set of all the b-sides for mellon collie

the best thing about the pumpkins is you can listen to them non-stop, then put them away for a year, dig em out and be blown away again
Old 04-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #1507
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
do you like Pisces Iscariot? ive been listening to that and Mellon Collie a lot recently. I also have the entire The Aeroplane Flies High box set of all the b-sides for mellon collie

the best thing about the pumpkins is you can listen to them non-stop, then put them away for a year, dig em out and be blown away again

Couldnt have described it better.

I kinda liked Mellon Collie cd better than the Infinite Sadness cd. Wait! I like both of them. Dumb. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah Iscariot is far out great, but I dont have the box set. Was planning on getting it a few years back, I guess I mustve forgotten. Was too depressed over the Pumpkins breakup. Corgan has to get his shit right this time. No more "Im the star" attitude. If you know what I mean. No diss to Corgan.

You just made me so envious! I want that box set!!! I think Ill go and get it tomorrow or sometime soon. My friend has it, made me listen to it. Loved it! But that was a long time ago. Time to go back in time and relive the past. Ah.. nostalgia! Aeroplane Flies High... you will be mine one day. LOL

Found Mellon Collie, listening to Love right now. "It's who you know. Love." Great guitar solo by Iha. You like Iha playing for APC better? Man that guy has some set of solid, real solid guitar prowess. Dang!

Old 04-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #1508
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

a cd

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #1509
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

Quote:
Couldnt have described it better.

I kinda liked Mellon Collie cd better than the Infinite Sadness cd. Wait! I like both of them. Dumb. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah Iscariot is far out great, but I dont have the box set. Was planning on getting it a few years back, I guess I mustve forgotten. Was too depressed over the Pumpkins breakup. Corgan has to get his shit right this time. No more "Im the star" attitude. If you know what I mean. No diss to Corgan.

You just made me so envious! I want that box set!!! I think Ill go and get it tomorrow or sometime soon. My friend has it, made me listen to it. Loved it! But that was a long time ago. Time to go back in time and relive the past. Ah.. nostalgia! Aeroplane Flies High... you will be mine one day. LOL

Found Mellon Collie, listening to Love right now. "It's who you know. Love." Great guitar solo by Iha. You like Iha playing for APC better? Man that guy has some set of solid, real solid guitar prowess. Dang!

Iha is good, but honestly I've never been blown away by him. I loved the Ray Gun tho (I dont know if you know what I'm talkin about haha). Have you seen viephoria? If you use vixy.net you can convert youtube videos to .avi files, so ive been putting all the pumpkins stuff on youtube onto my ipod.

seriously, if this reunion disappoints, i'll be pissed. ive heard rumors that Iha and D'arcy arent back. I knew D'arcy wouldnt, shes supposedly been replaced by another blond chick, haha

honestly, i dont know how someone even comes up with songs like Tonight, Tonight and 1979, theyre just incredible. way above anything going on right now...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #1510
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

mqwyaah, ive got a present for you. theres a website called the RSPAA.org, which stands for reborn smashing pumpkins audio archive.

ive downloaded a ton of the stuff, and i found this one show that was professionally recorded. i think it was for a Vieuphoria 2 dvd that never happened. anyways, its of the Mellon Collie tour just getting underway, so its the pumpkins at their very best...

heres the link... http://rspaa.niluje.net/data/Live/19...0Chicago%20IL/

edit: just make sure to do the whole "right-click, save as" jazz

Last edited by TheBlueVan; 04-12-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #1511
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

1979 and tonight, tonight are two of the best music videos ever.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #1512
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
1979 and tonight, tonight are two of the best music videos ever.
yeah they are...
Old 04-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #1513
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Tame... Tame and Quiet - Tin Can Communicate (Local math-rock boys release their debut. It's pretty good. The songs are unstructured but still melodic enough to keep me interested - will take a few more listens to fully digest.)

Karrie Hopper - An Unusual Move (She grew up in SA & moved to Austin a few years ago - just released this debut. Very solid in all respects. She has a soft, innocent voice and the songs are sparse and folky - mostly melancholy lyrics about relationships.)

Hogpig - Hold Back the Curse/Le Porc du Porc (Big dumb rock band from Denton - that I like. These guys write filthy, southern hard-rock riffs mixed with simple, repetitive lyrics about nothing in particular. Seriously fun stuff.)

PPT - Tres Monos in Love (The local trio that wrote that Mavs rap song a couple years back - the one I didn't particularly care for. Anyways, this debut came out last year and I decided to check it out. GOOD MOVE. These guys are the shit! They sound like a slightly more melodic and accessible version of Outkast. Very diverse and they've got a great knack for writing catchy melodies to back up their lyrics. Highly recommended.)
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:16 AM   #1514
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
mqwyaah, ive got a present for you. theres a website called the RSPAA.org, which stands for reborn smashing pumpkins audio archive.

ive downloaded a ton of the stuff, and i found this one show that was professionally recorded. i think it was for a Vieuphoria 2 dvd that never happened. anyways, its of the Mellon Collie tour just getting underway, so its the pumpkins at their very best...

heres the link... http://rspaa.niluje.net/data/Live/19...0Chicago%20IL/

edit: just make sure to do the whole "right-click, save as" jazz

Thanks man! Appreciate it...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheBlueVan again.

Last edited by mqywaaah; 04-13-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #1515
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

Quote:
Thanks man! Appreciate it...
tell me what you think when you listen to it...
Old 04-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #1516
sike
The Preacha

Dylan - Best Of..

Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #1517
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Dylan - Best Of..
always a good bet
Old 04-14-2007, 01:03 AM   #1518
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

john wesley harding - bob dylan
harvest - neil young
being there - wilco
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #1519
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

bajofondo tango club

tangoelectronica in the houzzzzzzzzzzzze....

Old 04-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #1520
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
a cd
you make me laugh.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here