Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
An "easy solution" would be, not to leave the house (like the dispatcher urged Horn) and shoot the burglars if they try to get in your house...
Agreed, and this is the imminent danger law protection provided to families.

As to the Deadly force to Protect Private property.........to me this is a very grey area.

I want to be able to protect my home/business if their is a power outage from every hooligan who wants to steal all my "life" just because of some natural disaster or riot.

On the other hand, IMO, just property is not worth taking a life. I myself would have called the police, and then got descriptions, plate numbers if they were to drive away, etc if they were stealing from my neighbor, and hoped the police could get the property back.

If I knew my neighbors 13 year old daughter were home alone, I might even shoot them.
If they broke into my home, they just shouldn't have.

To say I would have gone outside and created a situation which put my life in danger. Nope. That was just stupid. What if he would have shot one of them, but the other would have shot him. Too many unknown variables for something I can go buy.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter