Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-28-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about
Default Would you guys do this trade?

Lamar Odom

For

Jerry Stackhouse
Devin Harris
Future 1st pick?

i know you guys are high on Devin Harris but is it possible to make this trade satisfying for you guys?
Purple&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Put this crap in the trade forum.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

Opps can a mod please move the thread to it's propert place?
Old 07-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

Throw in Sasha?

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
Purple&Gold

That would not be a problem, Sasha Vujacic is not that good though he can be a good back-up 1 day but thats about it.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:09 PM   #6
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

I read a lot of stuff on clublakers.com and i think some on there said some thing like:

"Does Sasha Vujacic have a top 5 Nba shot? Yes"

So i guess he has some upside................no way Mavs do that trade though.

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #7
Purple&Gold

You guys would have a line-up of

Erick
Dirk
Odom
Howard
Terry

which is not bad if you ask me. if you guys want the Lakers to sweeten the pot then we might be willing to add Bynum or something.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

No way I do this deal. Devin has way too much upside, maybe Odom and a pick for Stack Devin, but no way we give up Devin a pick and Stack for just Odom.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #9
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I would do it except for the fact that I don't want RCF coming back claiming he's hangin with his homey Lamar in Dallas now...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think so.

Odom is a Robin, and not a 3-5 guy. I think he would sulk and cause way too many issues because he wouldn't see the ball very often at all.

Now if Nellie were here, he could be that perfect "point forward" that he is always looking for, but presently --- I don't think so.

I'll admit I think this way totally on perceived attitude, and not on talent, or ability.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #11
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Any chance that Nash would come back, maybe in a couple of years, and finish his Nba career with the Mavs instead of in Phoenix? That would be sweet! I'd long for that day. Dirk Nash reunion! I'm sure a lot of you guys would love to see that.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Any chance that Nash would come back, maybe in a couple of years, and finish his Nba career with the Mavs instead of in Phoenix? That would be sweet! I'd long for that day. Dirk Nash reunion! I'm sure a lot of you guys would love to see that.
No, unfortunatley not many people would want that to happen, but I'd love it to happen. I doubt it will though. He'll probably finish his career with the Suns and then get inducted to the Hall of Fame as a Mav

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 07-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #13
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
No, unfortunatley not many people would want that to happen, but I'd love it to happen. I doubt it will though. He'll probably finish his career with the Suns and then get inducted to the Hall of Fame as a Mav
If Nash gets into Hall of Fame it will most definatley be as a Sun.

He was a good player, but nothing too special on the Mavs. His best years, and two MVP years came as a Sun....Plus if his back holds up he can have another 2-3 years at MVP calibur player for them.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by some-dude
If Nash gets into Hall of Fame it will most definatley be as a Sun.

He was a good player, but nothing too special on the Mavs. His best years, and two MVP years came as a Sun....Plus if his back holds up he can have another 2-3 years at MVP calibur player for them.
I'm pretty sure the player gets to choose, and I think he'd choose Dallas.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #15
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I just looked it up and it turns out since it's the "Basketball Hall of Fame" and not "NBA Hall of fame"......players, refs, coaches, players in europe etc. all can get in.

When an player gets in the HOF, unlike baseball, they are solely entered as a player with no team orientation.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:23 PM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by some-dude
I just looked it up and it turns out since it's the "Basketball Hall of Fame" and not "NBA Hall of fame"......players, refs, coaches, players in europe etc. all can get in.

When an player gets in the HOF, unlike baseball, they are solely entered as a player with no team orientation.
Oh, that's good to know, thanks for the info. Then Nash will just get his jersey number retired by the Mavs

Old 07-30-2006, 01:52 AM   #17
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh, that's good to know, thanks for the info. Then Nash will just get his jersey number retired by the Mavs
Better.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:18 AM   #18
Purple&Gold

So you guys would only trade Devin Harris if Kobe is involved understandably i know you guys highly Devin as do Laker fans we are in love with him and we would probably give up anything not named Kobe
Old 07-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #19
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple&Gold
So you guys would only trade Devin Harris if Kobe is involved understandably i know you guys highly Devin as do Laker fans we are in love with him and we would probably give up anything not named Kobe
devin isnt going anywhere.

if aj screws up harris' career here, i may just give up on the mavs. harris has superstar written all over him.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #20
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
devin isnt going anywhere.

if aj screws up harris' career here, i may just give up on the mavs. harris has superstar written all over him.
No more showering with the players for you Aex ...
Old 07-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Im almost as big of an odom fan as i am a devin fan. If we could get kwame or bynum included then yes i would though including kwame would require the mavs add something to make the salaries match and i just dont see it.

Odom would be our second best player.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even though that's not how they do it, I think there is no way he would choose dallas now.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #23
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Heck no.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:14 PM   #24
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Maybe

Old 07-31-2006, 01:11 AM   #25
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Odom is good... but not that good. Stacks expiring contract is (at least in my books) a lot more appealing than we are giving credit for and Harris is underated in this league right now so we should wait until he raises his game before we are even thinking of a trade (which we still wouldnt/shouldnt do).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:29 AM   #26
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Lamar Odom haahha! what are you retarded!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #27
D-Ball

D-Ball will become famous soon enough

And how much cocaine would the Lakers be sending to the Mavs?
Old 08-29-2006, 01:48 PM   #28
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

nice job d-ball hahah
Old 08-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #29
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

its amazing that a board full of josh howard fans dont like Lamar odom. He is better than josh you know.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #30
MavsX
Diamond Member

no hes not
Old 08-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #31
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
no hes not
Do you have any basis for that argument whatsoever? Odom is a MUCH better passer, a better rebounder and a better defender by a fairly sizeable margine but, josh is a slightly better scorer though. Yep josh has got him killed.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-29-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:27 PM   #32
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Odom is definetly better than Jho, and I love me some Jho.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:41 PM   #33
young_gunner

young_gunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past

odom is better, but i would rather have j-ho..
as stupid as that sounds...
young_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #34
Five-ofan
Guru

I understand that sentiment though i wouldnt apply it here. IE Baron davis is better than jet but i would rather have jet.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:59 AM   #35
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Do you have any basis for that argument whatsoever? Odom is a MUCH better passer, a better rebounder and a better defender by a fairly sizeable margine but, josh is a slightly better scorer though. Yep josh has got him killed.
If you want to go by those NBA Live standards, technically Odom is better than Dirk. Because after all, Odom is a better passer, rebounder and better defender by a fairly sizeable margine than Dirk.

The two shouldn't even be compared to one another simply because one is a small forward and one is a power forward. Josh is assigned to guard sg/sf, Odom is assigned to guard pfs.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #36
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

no odom for me, please.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #37
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
If you want to go by those NBA Live standards, technically Odom is better than Dirk. Because after all, Odom is a better passer, rebounder and better defender by a fairly sizeable margine than Dirk.

The two shouldn't even be compared to one another simply because one is a small forward and one is a power forward. Josh is assigned to guard sg/sf, Odom is assigned to guard pfs.
Actually, Odom is a forward in general. He can play both about equally. The thing is odom is a better passer and defender tha dirk but the passing margin is alot smaller and the defense margin is about the same. Dirk and odom are roughly equivalent rebounders and dirk is a VASTLY superior scorer. Essentially dirk has a huge edge in a category whereas i could make the argument that odom is better at literally everything than josh.

I dont think hes better at everything, i think josh is a better scorer and set shooter but im just saying there is nothing that josh has a huge edge in the way dirk does in scoring.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #38
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wow some people on here have no idea what they are talking about if they dont think that Odom is not good. I love Howard but odom is better. I think with Odom we could win the Championship with Dirk being like (MJ) and Odom being like (Pippen).

But odom hasnt even had a chance to play on a good team. First with the Clipps and Now with the Lakers and selfish Kobe. His best chance was whn he was in Miami and they made the playoffs. Soo certain things should not be held against him.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 08-30-2006 at 11:28 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #39
Five-ofan
Guru

he made the playoffs and the second round as the best player on his team something i doubt that josh could do.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
he made the playoffs and the second round as the best player on his team something i doubt that josh could do.
Now I hate to admit anything derogatory about Josh, but that sir, is a good point.