Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

View Poll Results: would you trade josh howard for tracy mcgrady?
yes. 73 48.67%
no. 77 51.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough
Default would you trade josh howard for tracy mcgrady?

now this isn't a trade that i am seriously proposing but the topic came up between me and a few friends so i thought it'd be interesting to hear your opinion as well. i've asked this question to a few of my friends. one of my friends (who is a rockets fan) said he would trade tmac for josh howard. i've also asked some of my friends who are mavericks fans and they also said they would do the trade. assuming tmac can stay healthy, he would obviously be better than josh howard and every maverick fan would be in favor of that trade and every rocket fan would oppose it, however, due to the fragility of tmac and his apparent decline from his days in orlando, the answer isn't so clear cut. it basically becomes a matter of whether or not you want a player who will stay healthy, play nearly every game of the season, and give you 20 and 7 or a player who will give you 25, 5, and 5 and play 75% of the season.

what do you guys think?
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Um...let me see.. lingering injury prone ex-rocket superstar for one of our young and promising stars.. really difficult choice, yet such an easy answer.. NO.. and yes, i speak for the mavs fan base. No.. wait, i'll try it again.. No. Yep. Seems definite. No.
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting thought. Given TMAc's fragile nature, I think I'd have to say no, but I'd still think about it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

no way.. josh's ceiling is huge while tmac's window is slowly closing because the nagging injuries. also, i dont think tmac has the killer instinct and josh is turning into the leader of this team
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd think about it, but probably say no.

Now I might do it in a package deal, but not straight up.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

now would i trade away terry, stackhouse, and whomever else besides dirk/harris/howard.. yes. sure thing.

i was thinking about it today.. there are actually quite a few big names out there that might want a trade/need to be traded, ect... but for me i would only really think about kobe (or Lebron of course if he was ever at all available) when it came to tradeing away any piece of the new Dallas big three
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Are you crazy??? It would take at least Dirk, Josh, Devin, and at least one future 1st round draft pick - Tmac is a god and should be worshiped like one...

Also, smoking crack rules!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-04-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't we be doomed to not get out of the 1st round if he were traded to us?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #9
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

No. McGrady is hurt alot and like one said in here, his time is getting where he needs to win a title soon. Great talent but it was even some rumors lately when they strat breaking Houston up. If they can't win with what they have now? Will they ever win?

Howard has alot of years ahead of him.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Wouldn't we be doomed to not get out of the 1st round if he were traded to us?
haha yeah i was just thinking of that.. but we'll lose to portland this time around.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #11
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Tracy McGrady has been banged up most of this season. Recently he was being treated for a knee bruise that caused him to miss time on and off for the last few weeks. Initial MRI reports were optimistic, but McGrady continued to have pain and talked about missing up to three weeks. The latest MRI revealed a rare, but troublesome injury to his popliteal muscle. This small muscle is located deep in the knee joint predominantly on the outside of the knee. You can strain it from direct contact to the front of the knee, or from landing awkwardly on a straightened knee. Other times tendonitis can develop over time causing aching pain on the outside back part of the knee. It's mainly responsible for rotating the tibia or the femur, depending on whether or not you're weight bearing, and assisting the other larger muscles of the leg with bending and straightening the knee. I know that's confusing, so the important thing to take from this column, again, is caution. The popliteal muscle is very difficult to treat and rehab because of its location and limited use in major lower extremity movement. Basically it's difficult to stretch, it's difficult to strengthen. As a result, he'll rest. Team officials are saying it's a 3 to 4 week injury. Since he's already been out the better part of the last month, they are optimistic he'll be back soon, but you never know. Figure his activity to be very limited until next week, then he'll test it by running, and finally, playing. If he feels good, he'll play; if not, he'll sit. Time will have to tell. He missed an average of more than 20 games the last two seasons, and the latest knee injury assures him of missing at least another 10 this season
Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #12
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
Tracy McGrady has been banged up most of this season. Recently he was being treated for a knee bruise that caused him to miss time on and off for the last few weeks. Initial MRI reports were optimistic, but McGrady continued to have pain and talked about missing up to three weeks. The latest MRI revealed a rare, but troublesome injury to his popliteal muscle. This small muscle is located deep in the knee joint predominantly on the outside of the knee. You can strain it from direct contact to the front of the knee, or from landing awkwardly on a straightened knee. Other times tendonitis can develop over time causing aching pain on the outside back part of the knee. It's mainly responsible for rotating the tibia or the femur, depending on whether or not you're weight bearing, and assisting the other larger muscles of the leg with bending and straightening the knee. I know that's confusing, so the important thing to take from this column, again, is caution. The popliteal muscle is very difficult to treat and rehab because of its location and limited use in major lower extremity movement. Basically it's difficult to stretch, it's difficult to strengthen. As a result, he'll rest. Team officials are saying it's a 3 to 4 week injury. Since he's already been out the better part of the last month, they are optimistic he'll be back soon, but you never know. Figure his activity to be very limited until next week, then he'll test it by running, and finally, playing. If he feels good, he'll play; if not, he'll sit. Time will have to tell. He missed an average of more than 20 games the last two seasons, and the latest knee injury assures him of missing at least another 10 this season
what are you, WebMD?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #13
skylive321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
what are you, WebMD?
Yep, what's ur ailment.. Crack?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #14
Robillion
Golden Member

what's wrong with a lil crack after work every other day or so?

anyways,
i know every team would love having harris/howard/dirk, but we got em and we should keep em. and guess what we have other players that would be grreat on other teams. So we should try to get another starter by dealing a couple of them. Not tearing apart the new dallas big three.

Last edited by Robillion; 01-04-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #15
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Until he gets out of the first round i'm still considering him cursed or just plain hated by God... but if it was anyone besides Dirk/Howard then I would definitely consider it.

Here's the real question... Dirk/Howard/Tmac or KG/Pierce/Allen?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Damn. He is a MUCH better player than Howard, but he is so injury prone that it makes it more difficult to pull the trigger.

To be honest, with Dirk's age where it is and his career where it is, (lets be honest - this won't be considered a year where he improved on the previous year), I would say make the trade and let the chips fall where they might.

Howard is good, but he is no where near as talented as a healthy McGrady. Any one of you that says otherwise is a Fing homer. Sure, there is the possibility that he will be injured when you need him most, but roll the dice to get the ring. McGrady is an amazing talent. He is one of the top 10 talents in the NBA when healthy - something Howard isn't even sniffing at this moment.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

If T-Mac wasn't made of peanut butter i'd definately do it. He's a superstar. One of the most talented players in the league. But he's too injury prone. Even then though i'd have to think about it. T-Mac's never missed time in the post season which is when we'd really need him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:42 AM   #18
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Damn. He is a MUCH better player than Howard, but he is so injury prone that it makes it more difficult to pull the trigger.

To be honest, with Dirk's age where it is and his career where it is, (lets be honest - this won't be considered a year where he improved on the previous year), I would say make the trade and let the chips fall where they might.

Howard is good, but he is no where near as talented as a healthy McGrady. Any one of you that says otherwise is a Fing homer. Sure, there is the possibility that he will be injured when you need him most, but roll the dice to get the ring. McGrady is an amazing talent. He is one of the top 10 talents in the NBA when healthy - something Howard isn't even sniffing at this moment.
I think his injury history has gotten to the point where you can place him in the same category as Vince Carter in simply sitting out games to defer responsibility from his teams losing record. It's not just being injury prone anymore, it's his lack of heart and dedication to his teams success, and thats the real reason he has never won a playoff series... although God probably does hate him.

It's a tough question. Do you really want that on this team? What if we go on a skid and he says "Uh oh, all eyes are going to be on me" and starts grabbing his back at some random point during what seems like it will become a blowout will it be worth it if he gives it his all during the playoffs (which has never been good enough, even with another superstar)?

One final note... we should keep in mind that Howard was our best player in last years playoff series, it's a shame we didn't get to see more of him in that postseason.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:46 AM   #19
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Increased offense and decreased defense. No thanks.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:52 AM   #20
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Eh. It's a great trade in a video game but......

... our chemistry, Josh being homegrown and improving every single year make it hard. Plus, Josh is one of the good guys (good character, good fire, good teammate). In the end, it's an easier call than it looks.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #21
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Until he gets out of the first round i'm still considering him cursed or just plain hated by God... but if it was anyone besides Dirk/Howard then I would definitely consider it.

Here's the real question... Dirk/Howard/Tmac or KG/Pierce/Allen?
KG/Pierce/Allen..tht seems very easy to me. Better D, KG > Dirk overall IMO. PP = T Mac...very similar players, Howard mite be better than Allen in certain areas, but with KG and PP, Allen > Howard

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 AM   #22
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs > KG/Pierce/Allen

January 31st. Book it.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM   #23
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

tmac needs the ball in his hands entirely way too much to work on this team.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:39 AM   #24
ty
Diamond Member

The most overrated superstar.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #25
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the most fragile superstar in the NBA both mentally and physically. mentally being the most important aspect.

the breakdown with this trade is quite simple:
you have one who is already an allstar but still has potential to get better
while the other is already on the decline and has no area of improvement in the near future.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 01-05-2008 at 12:48 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #26
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't think anyone is arguing with the fact that T-mac is better than J-Ho. It's all about his injuries. His injuries not only keep him out of many games, but they now affect how he plays when he's not injured. He has turned into a jumpshooter, for fear of getting his back injured driving to the basket. And while he's still a pretty good jumpshooter, what made him great was the fact he was a 6'8" guy with great handles who could get to the bucket. He's no longer that IMO.

I'll have Howard, who basically rolls his ankle every other game and sucks it up and stays in the game and helps the team. Plus, he's a lot more intense than T-Mac, who is the definition of soft.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #27
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Increased offense and decreased defense. No thanks.
what defense does howard play? howard's "defense" is one of the most laughable things i see get posted on this message board. in regards to the many wonderful years howard has ahead of him, mcgrady is only 11 months older.

Before this season, over the prior 3 seasons, Howard missed 41 games. McGrady missed 50. McGrady is injury prone, but Howard isn't exactly the Cal Ripken of the NBA here.

mcgrady is an infinitely better player, better passer, better distributor, and more explosive all around player. its not even a question as to whether the mavs would pull the trigger on this deal.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #28
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Uhh IMO Howard is a good defender...

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #29
ty
Diamond Member

I think I'd probabl give Josh a 7 in effort on defense and TMac a 4.

My Houston friends seem to agree...

Old 01-06-2008, 02:26 AM   #30
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

josh would be perfect in that offense, he's so good at spacing and scoring in particular spots and that's exactly what houston can not seem to do
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #31
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Howard is not a good defensive player, however on effort--for sure, he rates much higher than T-Mac. Talking to die hard rockets fans, who love T-Mac, the general consensus seem to be Howard > McGrady at this point.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #32
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

i don't know why i didn't think of this earlier but i just added a poll to this thread.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #33
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

No.

I hereby propose a poll rating system to be known as the Bowen-Curry scale, where participants rate players' defensive efforts on a scale of 1 to 10, with '1' being Eddy Curry, and '10' being Bruce Bowen.

Alternatively, we could devise a Curry-Crotty-Bowens scale with a range from -5 to +5, where Eddy Curry represents a -5, John Crotty a 0 (he hustled, but to no effect) and Bruce Bowen a +5.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 01-07-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #34
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

um.... thats a good question~~
Well Josh is a young player, t-mac have been play for 10 seasons but he gets injury alot~
so i'll say no~~ let Josh play for 2-3 more season he will just like t-mac
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #35
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

F*** NO!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
Well Josh is a young player, t-mac have been play for 10 seasons but he gets injury alot~
You need more Dirk in your sig~~~

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 AM   #37
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
Good post.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:25 AM   #38
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Would you trade one player for a better player?

Anyone who actually answered no is kidding themselves.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #39
Robillion
Golden Member

Josh has more future years of being a better player than McGrady, he has a better attitude, he works well in Dallas's system and has chemistry with everyone, and Dallas's main source of tuffness.... would I trade that away for someone who is less skill going into the future, wont work well in Dallas's system, likely would not fit well with Dallas, has a losing attitude, and would be Dallas's main source of emotional/physical softness? .. hell no. /thread

Last edited by Robillion; 01-10-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #40
skylive321

Trading Tracy McGrady
by Henry Abbott
January 8, 2008 12:28 PM

The Rockets seem to still be stuck in a bit of a jam. They have what everybody wants -- a quality big man in his prime. They also have some excellent role players, and one of the game's top perimeter stars. But, as the clock ticks on all of those players, they continue to lack a clear solution at point guard, and most importantly, they continue not to win as much as they hope to.

At some point, you wonder, might the team decide that Tracy McGrady is not the right star to pair with Yao Ming? People have theorized about that for years -- just as they theorize about rebuilding practically every team.

Yesterday, Chris McCosky of the Detroit News wrote:

The topic of Tracy McGrady came up in the Pistons' locker room before a game last week. McGrady is now injured and unhappy in Houston. Reports there say he has told friends he wants to be traded -- again.

One player, who shall remain nameless, joked that McGrady was becoming more and more like his cousin, Vince Carter. "They should call Tracy, 'half-man, half a season,'" the player cracked.

Who knows if McGrady is on the trading block at all. My thought was -- is it even possible to trade Tracy McGrady? With his salary and the makeup of the team, are there viable trades that even make sense? Some smart people played around with the trade machine and came up with a bunch of scenarios that work salary-cap wise.

* To Dallas: Tracy McGrady, Steve Francis, and Carl Landry for Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, and Maurice Ager.
* To Denver: Straight up for Allen Iverson.
* To Indiana: Tracy McGrady, Rafer Alston, Steve Francis, and Carl Landry for Jermaine O'Neal, Jamaal Tinsley, and Stephen Graham.
* To the Clippers: Tracy McGrady, Luther Head, and Carl Landry for Corey Maggette, Cuttino Mobley, and Dan Dickau.
* To the Nets: Tracy McGrady and Kirk Snyder for Richard Jefferson, Jamaal Magloire, and Antoine Wright.
* Or another Nets trade: Tracy McGrady and Steve Francis for Vince Carter and Jamaal Magloire.
* To the Hornets: Tracy McGrady and Carl Landry for Peja Stojakovic, Ryan Bowen, and Rasual Butler.
* To the Suns: Tracy McGrady and Aaron Brooks for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks.
* To the Kings: Tracy McGrady, Shane Battier, Kirk Snyder, and Aaron Brooks for Mike Bibby, Ron Artest, Kenny Thomas, and Francisco Garcia.
* To the Jazz: Tracy McGrady and Carl Landry for Andrei Kirilenko and Morris Almond.

A few thoughts:

* It's hard to trade someone like Tracy McGrady. He's one of the best players in the NBA at times (never forget). And he is paid accordingly. But man ... there are questions.
* Being durable is so important in this league. With every single one of these I find myself asking: do the [insert team name here] really want to hitch their wagon to someone who is so often injured? For that reason, some of the trades that make the most sense are for others with similar histories, like Stojakovic.
* Assuming Carl Landry likes being in Houston, all this McGrady trade talk is not good for him with his easy-to-trade minimum contract.
* The media would love a McGrady-for-Carter cousin trade.
* Teams with top point guards, like New Jersey and New Orleans, might be able to get more out of McGrady than the rest. I'm thinking a long, mobile, score-from-anywhere shooting guard would enjoy a major bump in productivity alongside a great passer.
* I would assume that if Houston moves a major piece like McGrady, they would want to solve their ongoing point guard conundrum in the process.