Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-16-2003, 04:53 PM   #1
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road
Default Chiefs lose, undefeated season over

Well, the SI jinx proves to hold again. who woulda thunk??

props to the bengals for playin good and not letting the cheifs back in it.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:54 PM   #2
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Chiefs lose, undefeated season over

Peter Warrick called this last week. Kind of Joe Namath-like without the pressure.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 04:55 PM   #3
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, who would think that it would be Cincinnati that would be the first to beat them. Marvin Lewis told reporters that he really thought his team would win, good job putting confidence in your crew.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
arsenalth9

it looked like they were about to lose it there with about 6 minutes left, but that 80 yard bomb on first down was downright amazing. great call in that situation.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:01 PM   #5
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I don't think anyone really expected KC to go 16-0. They are now 9-1, still top in the NFL, no big deal. I don't think they're going to lose sleep over it or anything...
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:04 PM   #6
arsenalth9

naw, but it's still fun to see what could have happened.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:29 AM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Peter Warrick called this last week. Kind of Joe Namath-like without the pressure.
Actually, I think it was the other receiver, Chad Johnson. Still, Peter Warrick sure did come through for the Bengals.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:32 AM   #8
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic
Quote:
Actually, I think it was the other receiver, Chad Johnson. Still, Peter Warrick sure did come through for the Bengals.
There were a couple of them that said it. ESPN was showing Warrick, some assistant coach and a guy who I have no idea who it was. Maybe the receiver you mentioned.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:53 AM   #9
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic
Quote:
There were a couple of them that said it. ESPN was showing Warrick, some assistant coach and a guy who I have no idea who it was. Maybe the receiver you mentioned.
Actually everytime they showed it, it was Chad Johnson. Peter Warrick was one of the players that wasn't too pleased with his comments.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:07 AM   #10
bogey
Banned

I just watched the recaps on ESPNews earlier. They showed several out takes with a few of the Bengals and either an assistant coach or administrator saying the Bengals would win. I expect them to say nothing less. Do yo uwant your palyers saying lets go lose? Warrick was one of the guys shown on ESPNews. I don't know many Bengals players, but I recognize Coach Lewis, Warrick, Kitna and a couple others.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:18 AM   #11
bogey
Banned

oops. I just saw on ESPN Sports Center it was Johnson. Warrick was commenting on it.

But then they showed clips on Warrick and some coach/front office guy saying the win was guaranteed.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Chiefs lose, undefeated season over

cmon, bogey... it was johnson... keyshawn's cousin. let's be a little more sure before we blast people. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #13
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I don't think a player should guarantee a win before you play the game it's just extra added pressure on your teammates ; plus it could have a reverse effect, and could fire up the opposing team even more than they were before.

I was rooting for the Bengals yesterday (love the underdog). Very good game, but I think C. Johnson should worry more about winning a championship vs. beating the Chief's (a team that wasn't even in the AFC championship game last season).

Quote:
It should be common sense; who plays this game to lose...
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:31 PM   #14
bogey
Banned

The Bengals are in first place. Anyone want to change some coach of the year votes?
Old 11-17-2003, 01:53 PM   #15
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

If the Bungles make it to the playoffs, no doubt it should be Lewis.

However, if the Cowboys make it to the NFC championship game, then it should be Parcells.

I know it's arbitrary, but both guys should be commended. I'm just basing my choice on team accomplishment would be more of a feat.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:04 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Is it Chad Johnson or Kevin Johnson the cousin of Keyshawn Johnson?

Chad Johnson went from looking like the biggest idiot in the NFL to one of the smartest in 1 week. I was for sure Bengals were gonna lose.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Chiefs lose, undefeated season over

chad is keyshawn's cousin. and samari rolle is his cousin, too.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:49 PM   #18
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
The NFL is just one big family reunion for that family. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:53 PM   #19
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
Didn't know about Samari Rolle. I figured Chad just because he has that same edge as Keyshawn.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote