Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #361
hamb

hamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the rough

note: grape soda is the mark of the devil
hamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #362
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Listen here, unnamed member of my parent company. You were supposed to have your dns re-routed to the backup server at 11:00 am this morng. ELEVEN AM!! This would have given me ample time to get your server updated and running the latest code for the stupid demo that absolutely has to be up every single freaking day just in case someone needs to use it.

It is now FOUR PM. Also known, for me, as quitting time. And the server that has to be updated and back up by your time Monday morning is STILL not available for me to work on!!!!

So here I sit, until you deem it worth your time to freaking do what we agreed on weeks ago........

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #363
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

a couple months ago I was all like, "Trade Josh Now!" and others around here were all like, "Nah, Josh'll come around"...and now I'm all like, "You guys are morons."...and you're all like, "We totally are!"

case closed.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #364
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Why can't we just enjoy Theatre as it was intended for? ENTERTAINMENT.
What's the point in reading a play and then dissecting it in little itsy bitsy pieces and then trying to figure out what this character was thinking at this particular moment and what he might do next blah blah....LAME

And no, I don't care about what Aristotle had to say either.
Also, I don't want to read Oedipus Tyrannos right now and answer the QUADROTRILLIONKABILLIONGAZILLION questions for it either... wtf.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #365
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/27/...ead/index.html

I hope that man burns in eternal hellfire. There's not enough horrible things on earth that I could wish upon that piece of sh*t.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #367
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. He's one of the prime suspects in the "thread diarrhea" brigade.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #368
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

are you trying to say that Keith Mcleod is NOT the answer?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #369
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

there might be a "move out" fee at my condo. What kind of crap is that. stay tuned.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #370
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

My immediate boss (a female) is attempting to enforce a 'no weapons' rule in my place of work, almost certainly because she's heard that I regularly carry around what other idiots label 'rambo knives' (when in reality, I always carry a robust pocket folding knife and a leatherman skeletool or charge on my person). Boo and donkey-pee on that...
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #371
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
i hate how windy it is today. I tried to push open the door this morning and the wind made me look weak.
I bet there was an attractive girl right behind you giggling her ass off... I bet it was a revolving door
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #372
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this cold and rainy weather would deliver a slight respite from my spring time allergy problems. Boy was I wrong. I woke up every day this week and sneezed 14 times in a row, then the eyes start to get itchy and watery.

So, I take benadryl. Claritin doesn't work for me anymore, neither does allegra for some reason. I buy non-drowsy allergy stuff but they suck. I'm stuck with the Benadryl.

And it makes me sleepy. Really sleepy. I can't concentrate on anything at work. I'm sitting here in a haze of confusion and tissues. If I stop taking it, it will be sneeze fest all through the day and work will be hard to come by. But I'm so drowsy now that it hardly seems worth it.

F Allergies.

I don't usually get this bad until April or May.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #373
fluid.forty.one

The "one" girl ALWAYS texts me about 3 days after I finally get her out of my mind. She'll hang out with me constantly for months and then we'll slowly drift apart, making me a little depressed about it, but right when I get over it... she texts me again.

F@&* YOU.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #374
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post

F@&* YOU.
I'm pretty sure you meant that literally, right?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #375
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So..... for 3 days I've sent you e-mail, called and left voicemails and no response from you despite your boss assuring me you would. Until late last night you inform me finally via e-mail that you would like to meet at 7AM the next morning (so 49 minutes ago). It would be nice if you would give me a little more time seeing as my schedule doesn't revolve around yours, quite the opposite in fact. But you know what would be nicer? If you would SHOW THE FRAK UP WHEN YOU SAID YOU WOULD.

But don't worry, your company will get a fair representation on this entire bit. Good luck to you and all.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #376
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

lay the smack down, u2.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #377
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I just had to tell a grown adult not to write on a computer monitor with their pencil...

Seriously, WTF???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #378
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

CRT or LCD?

Oh and if all that writing makes them thirsty, make sure you show them the computers cup holder function.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-24-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #379
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I just had to tell a grown adult not to write on a computer monitor with their pencil...

Seriously, WTF???
Screw you! It helps me aim in Counterstrike!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #380
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah, "No-scoping" with an AWP is a lot easier that way
Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #381
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

.. Oh.....

I thought the link to this thread was another link to the Politics forum.. My bad.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #382
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Yeah, "No-scoping" with an AWP is a lot easier that way
Wat. Flac..you played counter-strike? Were you in any leagues? CAL?

You too DirkFTW??

Last edited by nikeball; 03-24-2009 at 04:14 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #383
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'd rather not say

Yeah...cal...geez I can't even remember now...cal-o? cal-i? Whichever one was the crappiest. I wasn't very good at it, but I spent an inordinate amount of time doing it in college many years ago.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #384
fluid.forty.one

It was all about 2fort in team fortress.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #385
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd rather not say

Yeah...cal...geez I can't even remember now...cal-o? cal-i? Whichever one was the crappiest. I wasn't very good at it, but I spent an inordinate amount of time doing it in college many years ago.
haha why not? CS owned. Took up a good few years of college for me too .

Maybe I got to play you in some scrimmages
Old 03-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #386
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I never got into CS at all, but I spent time in leagues for several other games. I think we usually played at TWL.

That's perhaps the one level of dorkiness I'd prefer not to admit to people I actually know. Playing video games is one thing, but being a member of an organized online gaming group that schedules practices, scrimmages, ladder matches...yeah...I'm going to stop talking now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 03-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #387
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Switch the letters in CS around and you get SC suckaaas.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #388
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That's perhaps the one level of dorkiness I'd prefer not to admit to people I actually know. Playing video games is one thing, but being a member of an organized online gaming group that schedules practices, scrimmages, ladder matches...yeah...I'm going to stop talking now.
Good times. Good times. I have yelled many times over the microphone headset.

Some people get paid to do professionally now. They get sponsored and flown around the world to play video games. That is pretty cool. Well..except that Madden football competition crap on ESPN. That reality show stuff is just retarded.

Last edited by nikeball; 03-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #389
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I played professional Halo 1 and Halo 2 for 3 years.... went to MLG (www.mlgpro.com) tournaments in Dallas, Chicago, Orlando, New York, LA, Washington DC, Philly, and Nashville paid by my sponsors. Yup... I win the gaming nerdiness award. But I was damn good at it.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #390
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It was all about no scoping awping through the double doors in de_aztec

flac, cal-o? you newbie. =P

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #391
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

nerds!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #392
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
You too DirkFTW??
Yea... I started pretty early on. I think it was like beta 5 or something? Whichever one was after they fixed the weapons not disappearing after each round. I sucked though because I refused to buy anything except an mp5 or tmp. If I took someone with me each round, I was content.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #393
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Yea... I started pretty early on. I think it was like beta 5 or something? Whichever one was after they fixed the weapons not disappearing after each round. I sucked though because I refused to buy anything except an mp5 or tmp. If I took someone with me each round, I was content.
What's more fun than a TMP rush in ice world?!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #394
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
What's more fun than a TMP rush in ice world?!!!
Bunny Hopping to get to points way earlier than other people can and then knifing them in the face.

edit:

Last edited by nikeball; 03-25-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #395
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

de_dust. Rush under the bridge 3 consecutive rounds. 4th round rush through the middle and..... well, pretty much kill all of the terrorists. I had a downright nasty K : D ratio on that particular map. People hated me (I'm sure they still do, but for other reasons now).

Last edited by bernardos70; 03-25-2009 at 12:16 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #396
nikeball
Platinum Member

only n00bs play de_dust.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #397
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

de_dust was popular back in 2002.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #398
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I love peeps.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-25-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: My post was apparently misunderstood?
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #399
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What is happening right now?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #400
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

What on earth?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
100% saturated fluff, blinded by the fluff, clean fluffy slate, fluff eater, got a bit fluffy in here, mother fluffer, not in on the fluff