Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #41
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This season is over, and I will NOT watch any more NBA this season.

Time to gear up for Soccer's World Cup...no doubt the officiating will be better than what is featured in the NBA...not that it's a ringing endorsement of Soccer Refs...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #42
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Man, i have now about 15 idiots on my ignore list and there is no end in sight. DonĀ“t they have schools down there in SA ?
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #43
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
This season is over, and I will NOT watch any more NBA this season.

Time to gear up for Soccer's World Cup...no doubt the officiating will be better than what is featured in the NBA...not that it's a ringing endorsement of Soccer Refs...
But it will be the same amount of flopping.

BAZING! damn, the nba has become a joke.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #44
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elec99 View Post
HUGE difference. Inside-out basketball is what wins championships. Throw into the big guy for an easy 2/foul/or both, or he kicks out to an open man for an uncontested shot, probably a 3. And if he goes to the line, your boys slowly walk to the other end w/o any physical exertion.

Mavs have a sideways game. Iso dirk cause his release point is higher than everyone, if he's doubled he passes it sideways to an open man.

You guys never get many chances for an easy bucket in a halfcourt offense. Thats what a post player gives you. Dirk takes tough shots for two points. I mean, he makes them in the reg season, but what we've seen is they become tougher to make in the POs.

Championships:
Kobe throws into shaq/bynum/gasol
kenny smith (or whoever) in to olajuwon
wade into shaq
Parker/manu into duncan
billups into sheed
rondo into garnett (though i know he plays more elbow now)

Only exception would be jordan. Not much of a center in luc longely or will perdue, but if your name is jordan i guess you dont need much of a center.
It'll be interesting to see what the FO will do in the offseason with this roster.
He played more elbow then, as well. The foundation of the C's offense was Rondo's penetration, Ray Allen working without the ball, and Paul Pierce in isolation down the stretch. You can mitigate the necessity for a post presence by attacking behind doubles at the elbow. Butler seemed to be the only guy who did that this series.

It will be interesting to see Roddy when he actually gets more playing time next year. He could take pressure off of the whole team offensively by drawing defenders and scoring in the paint. It really doesn't matter how you do it, but you have to keep the opposing D off balance. And Roddy seems to be the perfect candidate for that.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #45
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

exactly. Inside-out doesn't ALWAYS mean a low-post threat is the catalyst. If you have a guy that can get in the lane, that's the start of your "inside-out".

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 04-30-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #46
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by elec99 View Post
HUGE difference. Inside-out basketball is what wins championships. Throw into the big guy for an easy 2/foul/or both, or he kicks out to an open man for an uncontested shot, probably a 3. And if he goes to the line, your boys slowly walk to the other end w/o any physical exertion.

Mavs have a sideways game. Iso dirk cause his release point is higher than everyone, if he's doubled he passes it sideways to an open man.

You guys never get many chances for an easy bucket in a halfcourt offense. Thats what a post player gives you. Dirk takes tough shots for two points. I mean, he makes them in the reg season, but what we've seen is they become tougher to make in the POs.

Championships:
Kobe throws into shaq/bynum/gasol
kenny smith (or whoever) in to olajuwon
wade into shaq
Parker/manu into duncan
billups into sheed
rondo into garnett (though i know he plays more elbow now)

Only exception would be jordan. Not much of a center in luc longely or will perdue, but if your name is jordan i guess you dont need much of a center.
It'll be interesting to see what the FO will do in the offseason with this roster.
Jordan pretty much was the center. Bulls would always post him up to set up shots for others, himself, or drive.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #47
WestWordz

WestWordz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
you'd have to have some sort of mental disorder to continue to root for this team after all this. the last 4 years we have the finals collapse, the only first round 1-8 AND 2-7 7 game series losses in NBA history, and the knowledge stern will never let us win anything. i just don't know why i follow this stuff anymore. i'm going to try to find another hobby this summer, it's pure torture being a mavs fan. unfortunately i know i love the mavs too damn much to ever stop watching them, which makes me question my sanity.
Word! Mavs have too much negative energy and baggage to get anywhere. And it starts with the Mouth at the top, dude can't dance on any stage.

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here, thread diarrhea, thread fail