Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #41
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Even as the Mavs are improving and getting healthy, I still feel like they're a Roddy + one other contributor away from really being primed to do serious damage.
Agreed, and I'm not too sure that Peja can be that other contributor besides Roddy. In addition, every day that goes by without Roddy on the court makes me less confident that he can be as much of a difference maker as we hope and need. He's now been out for almost six months and there aren't a whole lot of games left to play for him to get the necessary amount of games under his belt. He'll most likely be able to contribute, but due to his lack of experience and playing time, I don't expect him to be a game changer in a matter of weeks. Roddy's never-ending rehabilitation made the negative impact of Caron's injury even worse.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 02:16 AM   #42
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He DID go nuts on the team. In the second quarter he called a timeout and I tweeted that the cameras showed him yelling and I mean YELLING at the time and he was given a clipboard and he threw it on the ground.

People have said that a coach has six bullets he can fire in the course of a season and tonight was the first one. “I was pissed, really as pissed as I’ve been all year,” Carlisle said. He said they were playing losing brand of basketball.

“The reason I was pissed is because I care about these guys. I believe in what we can be,” Carlisle said. “I’m going to tell them what’s on my mind. I’m going to tell them what’s right and they can disagree if they want to, but I’m all about trying to help them win. Right now, that’s all this is about.”

And still put me in the "I'd Like Hinrich" camp. The stat sheet will not impress you but it can be seen how he could improve the team. People have said the perimeter D can be pretty rough at times, Hinrich can help fix that. He's just a piece that floats on a team like the Wizards. If the Mavs made that move to get him, it's a shrewd move. It's like a move where if a team like the Lakers, Spurs or Celtics did it you'd be like "#&$*%"
Old 02-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

pretty sure this would be the second one, remember everyone talking about his half time speach a month or so ago?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 AM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Hinrich would be solid though I would be kind of scared of him taking away Roddys minutes more than JJB and Terrys
Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #45
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
pretty sure this would be the second one, remember everyone talking about his half time speach a month or so ago?
Terry said it was the first one to his knowledge
Old 02-01-2011, 02:49 AM   #46
mavs777
Diamond Member

maybe it was last year
Old 02-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #47
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

I know a lot of people are excited by all the youth and promise of The Bullets right now but...

I would not want this Bullets team. There wasn't a single player on the court tonight I'd want on the Mavericks... maybe not even John Wall.

I really don't like their game, at all.

If the Mavs had hit their freethrows like normal this would have been a blowout.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #48
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

I really liked Carlisle's decision to start Cardinal at the 3... instead of playing him at the 4 the way he's done all year.

I've long loathed seeing Cardinal out there at all, but he seems to work a LOT better at the 3. There were a couple of minutes where he had to slide over to the 4 tonight and when that happened it usually led to disaster. But most of the time he played the 3 and most of the time he was fine.

Cardinal at the 4 means he's facing another 4 who is either bigger than he is or faster than he is, or sometimes both.

Cardinal at the 3 means that he's always facing someone faster than him, but there's a good chance that he's at least a little bigger than some of his opponents and that sort of gives him something to work with. Lets him spend more time floating around the perimeter when he's playing at the 3 too.

Keep playing Cardinal at the 3 till Peja gets out there. If you need someone else besides Marion playing the 4 it needs to be Mahimi. Good stopgap plan. Well done RC.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #49
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson 18/10 in his last 5. Large squirrel nuts indeed.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #50
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I know a lot of people are excited by all the youth and promise of The Bullets right now but...

I would not want this Bullets team. There wasn't a single player on the court tonight I'd want on the Mavericks... maybe not even John Wall.

If the Mavs had hit their freethrows like normal this would have been a blowout.
No offense but you're kidding yourself if you don't want John Wall on the Mavs.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #51
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post

I agree... I would take Wall over anybody not named Dirk and Chandler right now...maybe not for Roddy
Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #52
DMOC

DMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Rookie of the Year contender vs. future Hall of Famer

Not a bad game from the old man! (only one rebound shy of a triple double...)
John Wall is not a rookie of the year contender anymore.
DMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #53
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Rookie of the Year contender vs. future Hall of Famer

Not a bad game from the old man! (only one rebound shy of a triple double...)
Minutes played:
Wall: 41:40
Kidd: 35:22

Looks even more impressive right now.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #54
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Minutes played:
Wall: 41:40
Kidd: 35:22

Looks even more impressive right now.
Great point.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #55
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
People have said that a coach has six bullets he can fire in the course of a season and tonight was the first one.
I'm pretty sure this was a Nellie-ism. Something he said early on, to Avery, when Avery was firing a bullet every other week. It's a wise thought - you can only lose your cool a handful of times before it loses its impact.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #56
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I really liked Carlisle's decision to start Cardinal at the 3... instead of playing him at the 4 the way he's done all year.

I've long loathed seeing Cardinal out there at all, but he seems to work a LOT better at the 3. There were a couple of minutes where he had to slide over to the 4 tonight and when that happened it usually led to disaster. But most of the time he played the 3 and most of the time he was fine.

Cardinal at the 4 means he's facing another 4 who is either bigger than he is or faster than he is, or sometimes both.

Cardinal at the 3 means that he's always facing someone faster than him, but there's a good chance that he's at least a little bigger than some of his opponents and that sort of gives him something to work with. Lets him spend more time floating around the perimeter when he's playing at the 3 too.

Keep playing Cardinal at the 3 till Peja gets out there. If you need someone else besides Marion playing the 4 it needs to be Mahimi. Good stopgap plan. Well done RC.
It was matchup based, Carlisle said that with Lewis' length, he didn't feel comfortable putting Stevenson in that position.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #57
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Cardinal did an okay job...and the main thing he did was hit his shots and keep shawn/jet on the bench. But he was very challenged to get out on Rashard Lewis out there to contest him... Rashard had a really nice game. Only the ball-hogging of Blatche and Young slowed him down. Yi also had a nice game.

Sanders needs to get those guys under control.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #58
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Cardinal did an okay job...and the main thing he did was hit his shots and keep shawn/jet on the bench. But he was very challenged to get out on Rashard Lewis out there to contest him... Rashard had a really nice game. Only the ball-hogging of Blatche and Young slowed him down. Yi also had a nice game.

Sanders needs to get those guys under control.
I think Cardinal did an exceptional job on the defensive end. He drew a couple of charges.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 02-01-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #59
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get me wrong...I never will criticize Brians hustle or committment. But the matchup of him and rashard...I'm not so sure worked out. I like keeping the rotation constant a lot...and I would roll brian out there until peja/rb/?? was ready.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #60
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

cardinal is as underrated as roddy is overrated
Old 02-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #61
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Is the matchup of Peja and Rashard any more desirable? Is the threat of Peja's offense and keeping a defender more occupied better than Cardinal's hustle and ability to draw the occasional charge?

This is in no way an endorsement of starting Cardinal over Peja.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #62
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:

Take off your tinted shades

Anybody that wouldn't take John Wall on there team is fing kidding themselves

I would also take Blatche in a heart beat the problem is they want him to be a top option which he obviously is not right now, he should be asked to score 11-13 PPG no more

Mcgee is a pretty good young pup as well

Young is a chucker I don't want him
Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #63
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
Is the matchup of Peja and Rashard any more desirable? Is the threat of Peja's offense and keeping a defender more occupied better than Cardinal's hustle and ability to draw the occasional charge?

They didn't start Cardinal over Peja
Old 02-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #64
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

They didn't?? j/k

It was meant as a response to how desirable the Cardinal/Rashard matchup was. With
Peja as an example.

Last edited by Funkman; 02-01-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #65
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I would also take Blatche in a heart beat the problem is they want him to be a top option which he obviously is not right now, he should be asked to score 11-13 PPG no more

Yeah, I read that in post #50...where Fragism said ~"No offense but you're kidding yourself if you don't want John Wall on the Mavs."

Blatch has some talent but he plays like a stupid head.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #66
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

How could anybody say that Washington has stupid players when Josh Howard is on their rost--- (sorry, I'm laughing too hard to finish typing that sentence...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-01-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #67
mavs777
Diamond Member

Wall always goes to the mavs in my NBA Live game after his rookie contract is up
Old 02-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #68
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yeah, I read that in post #50...where Fragism said ~"No offense but you're kidding yourself if you don't want John Wall on the Mavs."

Blatch has some talent but he plays like a stupid head.
The guy was a board shy of a 3-D and the final minutes of that game was hilarious as he was chasing that elusive board.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #69
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post

Definsively no...but offensively...yes...if peja gets the open looks that cardinal was kidding he may shoot 80% fronm 3pt land. AND he will NOT be as open as Cardinal was so there will be even more space available. Dirk/Chandler may have a tremendous field day.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #70
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

McGee/Walls I want... Blatche/Young...hard to say with those two.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #71
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
McGee/Walls I want... Blatche/Young...hard to say with those two.
I'd take Young and Wall, but not Everson Walls.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #72
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For Dallas, Brendan Haywood certainly wasn't a hero tonight, bricking twice from the charity stripe in 9:22 and additionally fouling twice and giving away the ball once for a +5 suck differential and a 3:0 Voskuhl!
Link
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #73
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
I'm pretty sure this was a Nellie-ism. Something he said early on, to Avery, when Avery was firing a bullet every other week. It's a wise thought - you can only lose your cool a handful of times before it loses its impact.
Avery does like to blow his loud every other day... Honestly, I think he'd be my least favorite coach in the league to play for.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #74
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How could anybody say that Washington has stupid players when Josh Howard is on their rost--- (sorry, I'm laughing too hard to finish typing that sentence...)
btw.. It's sad how predictable (see: T-mac / Oden / Yao) Howards career has become. Besides those 3 players, I'd put money on Howard's odds over anyone else in the league to get injured.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #75
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with centers and contract years? Is there any other position that gets a fat contract (albeit worthy or not) and just suck for the remainder?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #76
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Only one rebound to TD, but Kidd is smart, not like this idiot Blatche. Kidd plays for team, Blatche for stats.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #77
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
Sorry, just don't like his game.

Maybe he'd look better with better teammates, but I really don't see what everyone's so excited about.

His putting up decent numbers on a horrible team without any other options. What are his strengths exactly? I'm honestly asking because he really didn't do much that impressed last night... and I don't watch the Wizards otherwise (why would I?)
Old 02-02-2011, 05:30 AM   #78
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
What is it with centers and contract years? Is there any other position that gets a fat contract (albeit worthy or not) and just suck for the remainder?
Personally I've always suspected it's because Centers, more than any other position, are playing basketball because they're tall and not because they actually love it.

I mean if you're 7feet tall, what else are you going to do? You're naturally going to end up playing basketball, and guys that tall are so rare that even if you have only the smallest amount of talent you'll get a shot. And it doesn't matter if you hate the game, the money's so good you'll take it.

On the other hand if you're 6'4" you actually have to have skill and talent and desire to really get anyone to even give you a second look.

I'm not saying Centers are all that way, but because of the size required for the position, they're far more likely not to give a crap than any other type of player on the court.

They can't all be Tyson Chandler.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #79
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Maybe he'd look better with better teammates, but I really don't see what everyone's so excited about.

His putting up decent numbers on a horrible team without any other options. What are his strengths exactly? I'm honestly asking because he really didn't do much that impressed last night... and I don't watch the Wizards otherwise (why would I?)
What are his strengths? Elite athleticism, good size for a point guard, good finishing ability around the rim, and good passing. He averages almost 10 assists as a rookie on this absolutely awful Wizards team. Keep in mind he's only a rookie. He has the tools to be a great point guard.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #80
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He's putting up pretty good numbers for a rookie who is playing on an extremely young team. 14.7 points and 9.3 assists per game is fairly encouraging, especially when you contrast that with other highly-touted rookie point guards in recent history. Derrick Rose averaged 16.8 points and 6.3 assists per game in his rookie campaign, Tyreke Evans averaged 20.1 points and 5.8 assists in his rookie year, Chris Paul averaged 16.1 points and 7.8 assists his first year, and Deron Williams averaged 10.8 points per game and only 4.5 assists per game in his rookie year. So I think there is a reason for optimism in regards to John Wall and his game, especially when it comes to his assist numbers as a rookie, in my opinion. That said, his shooting percentage is horrendous, especially from the arc. If he can improve his shooting over the next few years, I think he will be one of the more complete point guards in the league.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yo' mama blows loud