Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2022, 01:12 PM   #28
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
That's one of the 2 bad ones. Our defensive scheme is solid but you can't fall asleep like that. Not even for a second in those momwnts. You've worked so hard all game and when you're up about 8 or 9 pts you're gonna get a big push from a contender. Keep grinding on the details like not giving up easy mismatches and scrambling like a virus moving as one. Like we have done before.

The 2 layups after made baskets was embarrassing and deflating too. That was actually the point where I felt we aren't finishing this one and we aren't quite ready.

Again, Kidd is a smart BB dude. I have no doubt he will break down the 4th quarter pushes they had and tell them from experience how the details matter and show them where we fell asleep and got comfy with a little cushion. That was one of the things the championship Mavs did well. Yes, it's easier when minds like an experienced Kidd, Marion and Chandler are on the floor but these kids can be taught.
I mentioned this one before but Dorian running at Biyombo nearly at the 3 point line and then getting backdoor by him for an and-1 was the worst defensive moment of the game. Totally inexplicable. He turned the wrong way almost like he was face guarding him? Just a total random breakdown from probably our best defender at the worst possible time. We were up 1 and the 3 point play from Biyombo put them up 99-97 with like 3 minutes to go. I think that was our last lead.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote