Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2003, 04:18 PM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default Ira Newble to the Mavs?

Newble is a strong role player and a good defender. Last season, he started 45 games, averaging 7.7 points, 3.7 rebounds and 26.5 minutes while shooting .495 from the field, who is a 6-7, 28 year old, 220-pound small forward. Has athleticism... Likes to drive to the basket... The official defensive stopper in Atlanta.

Would you be willing to cut Raja and sign him for the 1.5 exception?

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2003, 04:24 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Ira Newble to the Mavs?

NO NO NO. I've seen him play before. He reminds me of Raef Lafrentz on the defensive end, he sometimes can get out of place.

He's not that bad, but i wouldn't one cut bell for him, and two give him the 1.5mil exception.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

All things being equal, you keep Raja Bell. He knows the system; players and coaches. There is something to be said for continuity. If it saved money or was a clear talent upgrade, maybe you do it. But I like Bell backing up Finley because he fits as a 2-guard better than Newble.

But I do think that is an option if we don't keep Bell.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Any chances that we can resign Bell without using any of the small exception?

The Mavs will get a starter (Center/Power Forward) with the MLE, I am trying to find a good backup to Howard at the SF position to replace Griffin (athletic defensive stopper, and no not Najera). Only other person would be Jumaine Jones and he will probaly get more than the 1.5 exception, but I could be wrong.

Could Ira Newble be that guy if Bell didn't get any of the small exception?

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:45 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Neble spent more time on the IL than on the court. He is an unproven commodity much like Tariq.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Newble...ummm...No....ble.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:52 PM   #7
ClipFan

ClipFan is on a distinguished road

Newble is much better than Bell and Tariq, and I would welcome him on my team any day.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:57 PM   #8
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok
Any chances that we can resign Bell without using any of the small exception?
I heard Nellie tell Norm that Raja is Mavs property so they can pretty much give him, whatever, within the rules, but that they need to be careful and not overpay, because Raja is easily replaced.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:11 PM   #9
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

what is the maximum we can offer raja. this year's price plus 20 percent? will that be enough to keep him? i don't want to overpay for him, but i don't want to see him go either.