Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #41
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I love the kid, I think he is a tremendous talent and will make quite a name for himself. Ceiling? Perennial All-Star with a couple of Second All-NBA teams.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #42
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I have not see it mentioned. I compare the guy's offensive abilities to JKidd. The vision, the high risk, high reward passes, the ability to pass up a wide open lane to find an open teammate, the abiltiy to snag rebounds and start a break on his own. Even defensively, at least compared to Kidd's latter years, Rubio has a knack for defending off the ball, taking a bit more gambles, getting in passing lanes. I think one on one defending will hurt him most. But he's young enough to make himself into a better than average one on one defender, when all's said and done. Slowly growing on me as another team/player to watch outside of Dallas.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #43
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

He's already a pretty good three-point shooter too (and Kidd wasn't until later in his career).
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
He's already a pretty good three-point shooter too (and Kidd wasn't until later in his career).
Not so sure those numbers are more than a small sample size fluke; given the scouting reports that he is a bad outside shooter.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Not so sure those numbers are more than a small sample size fluke; given the scouting reports that he is a bad outside shooter.
Not that you can draw anything conclusive from these numbers, but Rubio made 161 out of 509 attempts in Euroleague, Eurocup and other competitions combined since 06-07... 31.6% certainly isn't a good percentage, but it's not so bad that he can't fix it.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #46
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Not that you can draw anything conclusive from these numbers, but Rubio made 161 out of 509 attempts in Euroleague, Eurocup and other competitions combined since 06-07... 31.6% certainly isn't a good percentage, but it's not so bad that he can't fix it.
Isn't the euro leagues three point line like 2 feet shorter to the hoop or is it like the NBA line?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #47
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Actually, he's been working on his three-point shot a ton over the past few years. Look for him to maintain something in the 35-40% zone in the NBA. He's a good set shooter. In Euroleague he took a lot more contested threes (his fg% in general was awful...his stats are better in the NBA across the board.)
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #48
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
Rubio=ROY...Rookie of Year
It would be interesting to see that, considering that would mean the last 3 rookies of the year came from the same draft class. Best draft ever???
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #49
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #50
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
It would be interesting to see that, considering that would mean the last 3 rookies of the year came from the same draft class. Best draft ever???
nothing gonna top 1984 class with sam bowie and sam perkins.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #51
jasonic

jasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to all

As i said in the previous page i thought Rubio would be a decent player for the NBA and not a star. His playmaking abilities are great and i 'm impressed by his shot. Playing in Euroleague the teams that played against him gave to him too much room because he shoot ugly the 3pts (i think 25 % or sth like that). Anyway the good things doesn't mean he makes a lot of turnovers (i think he 's first in TO's ) and he 's one of the worst defenders in the league.
jasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #52
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Rubio is amazing. And i don't where that stuff comes from he's a bad defender. He's a very good defender, in fact, the Minnesota defense improves a lot when he's on the court, whether it be with the second unit, or with starters. Him being a bad defender is a total stereotype. The other he frustrated Rose with his length, and underrated foot speed, he stole the ball from him 2 times Rose shot like 4/12 when Rubio was on him, and torched the Wolves when the spanish was on the bench. He really is the total package, other than scoring, which he is a lot better at, than most thought.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #53
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post

I think the 1998 NBA Draft was one of the best ever....
#4 Antawn Jamison
#5 Vince Carter
#9 Dirk
#10 Paul Pierce
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #54
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
I think the 1998 NBA Draft was one of the best ever....
#4 Antawn Jamison
#5 Vince Carter
#9 Dirk
#10 Paul Pierce
O3 wasn't too shabby, at least at the top...

1 LeBron James
3 Carmelo Anthony
4 Chris Bosh
5 Dwyane Wade
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #55
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonic View Post
As i said in the previous page i thought Rubio would be a decent player for the NBA and not a star. His playmaking abilities are great and i 'm impressed by his shot. Playing in Euroleague the teams that played against him gave to him too much room because he shoot ugly the 3pts (i think 25 % or sth like that). Anyway the good things doesn't mean he makes a lot of turnovers (i think he 's first in TO's ) and he 's one of the worst defenders in the league.
Not sure if serious?
Old 01-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #56
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonic View Post
Dude he is actually a borderline great defender, and that was probably the main thing that kept him his starting place at Barcelona even when he was playing bad on the offense. He's got great length, very nice speed, but his fundamentals are perfect, always takes good angles, keeps moving his feet, and his instincts are really good as well.

Anyway, I think his Barcelona stint was awful. Maybe he developed a bit physically and learned how to be a better pro, but as long as JC Navarro was playing there Rubio was always going to be a complementary piece to him. He was much better at Joventud and I wish he'd made the trip to the NBA two years ago.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #57
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
O3 wasn't too shabby, at least at the top...

1 LeBron James
3 Carmelo Anthony
4 Chris Bosh
5 Dwyane Wade
6 Kaman
7 Hinrich
18 David West
21 Diaw
27 Perkins
28 Barbosa
29 Josh Howard
47 Mo Williams

Also pretty "good" player deep (West, Kaman, Josh, Mo all made Allstar one time).
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #58
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I've watched Minnesota a few times now and have paid particular attention to Rubio. I really like his court awareness, his feel for the game and his apparent competitiveness. I wasn't sure about his foot speed until last night. The kid really does have all the tools and he does play good defense at this early juncture. He certainly is by far the best point guard on that team and I do like Ridnour a lot. I think he is one heck of a good prospect and I think he will be a very good NBA player for a long time. For those who haven't noticed this the kid is already pretty darned good. Much, much better than I envisioned and honestly much less showy. There is a lot of substance to that kids game.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #59
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

the kid is BEASTING

Tags
the next steve nash