Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 02-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's up with the site today?

it is not showing any new posts on the preview screens?

or is it just me?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Must just be you. Everything works great for me. Site is moving fast.....

only problem I see is an occasional double-post.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Must just be you. Everything works great for me. Site is moving fast.....

only problem I see is an occasional double-post.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

well something is up with me then...I can obviously post...but I cannot tell when someone lse has....what could that be?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

well something is up with me then...I can obviously post...but I cannot tell when someone lse has....what could that be?

Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I forgot to add this to my post above:

Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Old 02-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

something is wrong...I am certianly not liking this.

for example when I go the Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff page....it shows that there have been no comments on this thread...but when I click it...I see all these.

also when I try to post a comment...it goes to an error page where I have to click refresh.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

something is wrong...I am certianly not liking this.

for example when I go the Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff page....it shows that there have been no comments on this thread...but when I click it...I see all these.

also when I try to post a comment...it goes to an error page where I have to click refresh.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Okay.... yes I have the same issues. You obviously forgot the meaning of the blue moon.

But it's happening to everyone.

From what I can tell, DJ hasn't been on all day so no telling if he even knows what's going on.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Okay.... yes I have the same issues. You obviously forgot the meaning of the blue moon.

From what I can tell, DJ hasn't been on all day so no telling if he even knows what's going on.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo

poo head!

Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 AM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

The same thing is happening to me, and almost everyone else's posts are a double posts.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:57 AM   #15
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Same here. I couldnt even open this site yesterday during the Mavs game against the Bucks. Shaw had the same problem, so we had to talk to each other through yahoo messenger just to feel like we were posting on the GDT. Dang.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

think its fixed...thanks guys!

Old 02-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #17
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Is the site in slowmo for everyone else?
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #18
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, it's really really slow for me too.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 02-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #19
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

yep, it is driving me to drink all my bourbon in one sitting.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #20
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I feel like im the goddang effects programmer in the Matrix.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 AM   #21
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Is the site in slowmo for everyone else?
I think its the Google videos at the bottom. I think they're clogging the bandwidth.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:00 AM   #22
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

I dont see no videos.

Last edited by mqywaaah; 02-26-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 AM   #23
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

It's slower than Zydrunas Ilgauskas wearing 20 pound ankle weights.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:49 AM   #24
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

It's slower than a race between Rosie O'Donnell and Kirstie Alley.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:58 AM   #25
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

It's slower than a turtle on crack cocaine, morphine, and heroin all at the same time.

Last edited by mqywaaah; 02-26-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #26
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I do wish that video at the bottom of the screen would go away. It is really annoying trying to hit that friggin penguin when the game is choppy due to that video.

So yeah, I said it... Stop making money to run this site and conform such that my arcade playing time is a bit easier!!!

In all seriousness, the site is slow. I tried to get on late last night and a message was displayed saying that maintenance was being performed. It was the first time I had ever caught that message so I guess it is tied to whatever happened during that maintenance down-time.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It was slow all day yesterday so I think the maintenance was probably to find out why....
Old 02-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #28
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Glad I'm not the only one - it's been slow for me the last few days too. Still slow today.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

No idea what's causing the slowdown. I contacted the admin last night and am still waiting to hear back.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

DoS?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #31
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, it's still slow for me today too.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #32
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I keep getting this after I top a high score on an arcade game and submit the score:

Male23Dan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Any ideas?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #33
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Man the trolls are uploading a virus on our site! Jp

Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Man the trolls are uploading a virus on our site! Jp
First it was rockette trolls...Then miami trolls..then back to rockette trolls...and now the scrots....

Ugh..I need a shower.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #35
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

They're arriving by the bulk.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #36
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

all I know is the site is moving faster w/o the Google Tube at the bottom...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 AM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
all I know is the site is moving faster w/o the Google Tube at the bottom...
It's moving faster because of a database error that atheos corrected.

The google videos had nothing to do with it. After atheos posted it was fixed it was faster than it had been as it is now..... later dj took down the google videos but no change in speed. So the videos had nothing to do with it.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #38
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

my brain works faster than this website..
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

its still slower than yao ming running the floor.....
Old 03-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #40
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Slower than a turtle on crack coke.