Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #281
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Thunder are obviously a very bad team without Durant, but that 16-0 run was incredible.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #282
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I have to apologize to anyone who bet with the Thunder (the 2 of you that did). One of the other moderators closed out the vbookie incorrectly.

I will see if we can get that corrected.

But on behalf of the guilty fellow moderator I apologize.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #283
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Thunder are obviously a very bad team without Durant, but that 16-0 run was incredible.
It was just like that Minnesota game.. most of it coming off of great defense.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #284
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
I have noticed this also. When Berea is on the floor he doesn't look for Dirk, Jet, or Kidd ever... He tends to try to score too much (we all know this) and does not play his PG role well when he has to. He always looks for the bench players when he's out there, his homiesss! I thought in the beginning he was just trying to prove himself and I thought he finally got to that point, he played well and distributed the ball well for a few games, but now he's gone back to throwing up terrible shots and thinking that he's the first option. It really pisses me off.
I've come to expect that when the clock is winding down at the end of a quarter and the Mavs have the ball and Barea is on the court, he will take the last shot. Whether he has a good shot or not, he usually takes the last shot. That is one thing that I have noticed.

I have nothing against Barea. He has grown considerably this season. BUT he has to learn to balance his scoring and his play as a PG. I love his aggressiveness and his passion for the game. I like how he tries to drive to the basket when the opportunity presents itself. What I don't like is when he starts to forget that he should also be a facilitator when Kidd is out.

I know he has been a spark to this team and at times has carried them during critical moments of a game. But its truly frustrating when he tries to create a shot solely for himself, totally ignoring Dirk or Josh or Kidd (or whoever is around him) who may have a better shot than him. I don't know if its his basketball IQ, lack of experience, or just "occasional selfishness" altogether.

He can be a great role player for this team if only he learns to play within his capabilities.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #285
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I have to apologize to anyone who bet with the Thunder (the 2 of you that did). One of the other moderators closed out the vbookie incorrectly.

I will see if we can get that corrected.

But on behalf of the guilty fellow moderator I apologize.
all good...but damm i bet 20 of the 25 : (

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #286
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
all good...but damm i bet 20 of the 25 : (
If you have 50 vCash or less, it's better to just bet it all than to just bet 20 because it always goes back to 50 when you reach 0.

Not saying that as a jab.. it's just some advice.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-28-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #287
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
If you have 50 vCash or less, it's better to just bet it all than to just bet 20 because it always goes back to 50 when you reach 0.

Not saying that as a jab.. it's just some advice.
I thought it goes back to 25. What exactly is the point of vcash?
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #288
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmac View Post
I thought it goes back to 25. What exactly is the point of vcash?
It is just 25. There is no point to it. It's there just for fun.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #289
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
It is just 25. There is no point to it. It's there just for fun.
ah, well my point still makes sense in this circumstance.

Tags
dirk for 50!, dirk is back, gdt 08/09, kneejerkdirkoff, unleash the bass