Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-30-2001, 01:32 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

....THERE AIN'T A DAMN THING ON IT!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1 measly CD. Anybody got some good ideas on something to ask for for Christmas? I'm not a person who wants alot of stuff. Family keeps bugging me though about what I want and all I ever do is shrug my shoulders. I don't know :frown: . Any ideas?

What are you hoping Santa brings YOU for Christmas?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2001, 05:07 PM   #2
epicfrog

epicfrog is on a distinguished road

A CD burner and a pacifier to shut up you and your buds about the PS2. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2001, 05:37 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

lol, ahh quit whinning about your beloved DC dieing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . And admit it, PS2's better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

I don't need/want a CD burner. I'd like an X-Box or GamCube but that costs too much for them.

Old 11-30-2001, 06:10 PM   #4
epicfrog

I have a Gamecube. I might get an Xbox once I see some new games, Halo doesn't interest me the least bit and I have the sports games on DC to last me until next fall.

If Xbox could put out the lineup DC did and then some.. it would be one of the greatest consoles in recent memory.

PS2 is a good system, I've never denied it. But the fun factor for GT3 and GTA3 can only go on for so long, ya know?
Old 11-30-2001, 10:09 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

DVDs!! LOTS AND LOTS OF DVDS!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Can ya tell I love my DVDs?! We should start a thread listing and talking about our fave DVDs..
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 10:27 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Well, pretty much all I'm getting is a Stadium replica(Pac Bell Park), Clint Black CD, hand made throw, and about $150 or so in Best Buy gift certificates(mainly because I don't know what else I want). That's it.

Old 11-30-2001, 11:16 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I've already got my Xmas present. PS2 and 20 something games. Of course she won't let me on the frigging TV to PLAY any games. grrr
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 11:26 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

20 games?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 12:21 AM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

20 Games!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] DAAMMMMNNN. You know what games?

Old 12-01-2001, 01:39 AM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The ones I know I'm getting ('cause I've been playing them) are:

Gran Turismo 3
X Games Skateboarding
Silent Hill 2
Nascar Heat 2002
NFL Gameday 2001
Red Faction
Dark Cloud
Midnight Club
Smuggler's Run
RC Revenge

I'm getting Vampire Night and the other game with the gun (some spy game), a Star Wars game, a baseball game, a hockey game, and some others on Xmas morning. I'm not very good at most of the games yet, my 8 year old beats me regularly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 01:47 AM   #11
djb
Administrator

Man that's one hell of a Christmast present! Is NBA Live 2k2 or NBA 2k2 somewhere in that list? You should also check out NBA Street, WWF Smackdown, Batman Vengeance, GTA3, and MGS2. Those are the games I'd be getting if I had money right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 02:08 AM   #12
MFFL
Guru

I want the street basketball game - the 3 on 3 one. The other basketball games have too many players and make the screen too crowded (for me). The coolest thing about the street ball game is that the legends of the game are available (or so they say). I want to have a team of Magic/Jordan/Chamberlain.
Old 12-01-2001, 02:09 AM   #13
MFFL
Guru

What are GTA3 and MGS2? Please excuse my ignorance.
Old 12-01-2001, 02:11 AM   #14
djb
Administrator

Grand Theft Auto 3
Metal Gear Solid 2

Perhaps the best games out on PS2 along with Gran Turismo 3. They're the reasons many people have finally decided to go out and pick up a system [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Grand Theft Auto may not be appropriate for your kid though (not sure how strict you are on ultra violent games). I'm sure Rob will post some links and screen shots soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He posted some in the other video game thread..check 'em out.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:57 AM   #15
epicfrog

You could buy Rob a Dreamcast ($40) so he could have his own modem when @Home goes down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2001, 12:32 AM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That's one HELL of a list MFFL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . Couple of suggestions if you don't mind. Stay away from NBA Live 2002. Trade Gameday for Madden or NFL 2K2. Swap ESPN Skateboarding for Tony Hawk 3 and just get rid of RC Revenge. I'd also suggest Time Crisis 2 over Vampire Nights. Just my 2 cents [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Oh and GTA3 is a MUST have. Might wanna keep the youngster away from it though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 12-03-2001, 12:39 AM   #17
MFFL
Guru

I think I'm getting both Time Crisis 2 and Vampire Nights so I can have 2 guns. RC Revenge has been played non-stop by the boy (that and the ESPN Skateboarding). I think I ruined the Gameday disk, it won't load now and it has a circular scratch. Have you tried the NBA street ball game? How are the controllers that come with the small half-steering wheel?
Old 12-03-2001, 12:47 AM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

NBA Street ROCKS!! Good smack talkin game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . I'd say it's a must buy.

As far as steering wheels go, Only the $99 one made spacifically for Gran Turismo 3 is any good. From what I hear.

Old 12-03-2001, 12:50 AM   #19
MFFL
Guru

What I was talking about was a kind of mini half-wheel that replaces the left side of the controller. It's about the same size as a regular controller.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:55 AM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Oh, I think I've seen that before. Looks kinda strange. The DS2 is always the best though.

Old 12-03-2001, 12:59 AM   #21
MFFL
Guru

DS2?
Old 12-03-2001, 01:04 AM   #22
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Dual Shock 2. Standard PS2 controller.

PS2 = Playstation 2 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2001, 02:03 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Is this the one your talking about?

Old 12-03-2001, 02:42 PM   #24
MFFL
Guru

That's it! Any word on whether it's any good or not?