LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

check it out..it's a great site
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 06:20 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Pretty cool site LAM.

I particularly like the info on the new Planet of the Apes movie. I usually don't like remakes of classic movies, but this is one of my all time favorites. I'm pretty excited.

I hope that Tim Burton doesn't ruin the thing. I can't say I'm a big fan of his. However, from the pictures, its seems like the apes have maintained their classic look... so the movie probable isn't going to be that big of a change from the original. It looks pretty good.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 11:34 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Great site Lam!

Oh and I wanna see the new Planet of the Apes flick too. I saw the preview on E! the other day and it looks pretty damn slick!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 09:08 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it does look good. i have always enjoyed that sight.
looking forward to pearl harbor
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 10:24 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Marky Mark and the Funky Apes! can't wait!

really, though, i can't wait for pearl harbor. man, i get chills whenever i see the preview.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:41 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...between sports, movies, work, and school...i have no free time
actually, i probably go to the movies almost once a week.

it looks good

Has anyone heard much about Ali?
will smith plays Ali, he's supposed to look almost exactly like him in the movie.

also, I cannot wait for the Lord of the Rings trilogy to come out.
the first one comes out December 21st.
i'll be there as many times as possible.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:43 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

How about..

TOMB RAIDER!

<drooool!>
Old 05-02-2001, 01:01 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

i was excited until angelina jolie became so wheels off
Old 05-02-2001, 06:08 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

New Jet Li flick coming out: Kiss of the Dragon

Doesn't look that great..maybe it's cuz DMX isn't in it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 07:24 AM   #11
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i think it looks pretty sweet!
Old 05-03-2001, 04:17 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

I know a guy who got to fight Jet Li in his upcoming movie, The One [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyone going to see The Mummy Returns tomorrow night? Man that looks good! Can you smellllll what the Rock is cooking?!
Old 05-03-2001, 04:39 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

i have a strongly loathe wrestling..but, i guess i'll see the mummy returns in spite of brenden fraser and the rock
Old 05-04-2001, 10:59 AM   #14
djb
Administrator

How can anyone possibly hate the WWF?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I heard The Rock (or Dwayne) impressed the directors and producers so much that they've inked him to a mucho bucks deal for a Mummy prequel - The Scorpian King.
Old 05-04-2001, 11:04 AM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

dude, i don't like wrestling, but the rock is cool. he was awesome on saturday night live.
Old 05-04-2001, 11:08 AM   #16
djb
Administrator

I loved watching wrestling when I was a kid, but stopped during highschool and most of college. Of course I started up again and hell now even my gf likes watching the cheesy storylines on Smackdown [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2001, 12:42 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

wwf is detrimental to the positive mindsets of our youth
Old 05-05-2001, 01:08 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

YOU TAKE THAT BACK OR I'LL KICK YOUR ASS AND RAM YOUR FACE INTO...hmm heheh ok you may have a point there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I watched The Mummy Returns last night and thought it was pretty entertaining. My gf liked it more than the first one, but I don't know. It was just a lot of mindless action with a storyline thrown in. I mean, the way it all came together was cheesy and a bit predictable, but the visuals and action sequences were just incredible! Unfortunately, The Rock barely got any camera time. In fact, he only had like three lines (in undecipherable barbarian language) aside from a series of grunts and groans. Oh well..I still smelled what the Rock was cookin! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2001, 09:19 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

my girlfriend liked it better than the first one also...
i thought it was pretty good.
it had alot of plot twists...and brenden fraser is not funny. i don't know why in every movie, they try and make him out to be a comedian, because he's not funny.

it was pretty good, but definitely not a movie i will see again at the movies
Old 05-12-2001, 11:17 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

Just got back from watching "A Knights Tale." Man that was a sweet movie! It was another fun movie, but this time there was actually a plot. The thing that got to me though was the soundtrack..playing songs like "We Will Rock You" and "The Boys Are Back In Town" just seemed weird for a medieval flick, though they did seem to fit.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:33 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

that's cool, i'm going to see it tonight
Old 05-15-2001, 04:40 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

i enjoyed it.
i definitely liked A knights Tale much better than the mummy returns.
i still can't wait for Lord of the Rings
Old 05-15-2001, 04:52 PM   #23
djb
Administrator

What did you think about the music? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Man and that dance scene totally cracked me up!
Old 05-16-2001, 09:06 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

yeah, i wouldn't mind getting the sound track
i tell you what will have a good soundtrack, it's Moulin Rouge.
some sweet music during the previews
Old 05-16-2001, 09:16 AM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Moulin Rouge looks awwwwwwwful.
Old 05-19-2001, 01:08 AM   #26
djb
Administrator

Just got back from watching Shrek and I gotta say, that was some funny shit! I was totally surprised at how interesting it actually was!
Old 05-21-2001, 09:47 AM   #27
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i saw shrek on friday, too. i thought it was a good movie. it had its stupid/gross moments (like the donkey pissing on a fire to put it out) to make kids laugh, but other than that, it was actually really good.

hey dj, was there a guy dressed uup as shrek at the theater you went to? here in nashville, there supposedly was one at all the major theaters (including the one i was at).
Old 05-21-2001, 10:27 AM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

was going to see shrek, but my girlfriend talked me into going to see angel eyes, which, suprisingly, didn't suck.
Old 05-23-2001, 12:16 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

you're right, shrek was good, i saw it last night. Definitely a good movie, probably the best i've seen in a couple of months. Bridget jones diary wasn't bad though.
Old 05-23-2001, 07:37 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

The theater I went to (Loews) didn't have a big Shrek ogre, but then again, I watched the 10:30pm showing which didn't get out until past midnight.
Old 05-23-2001, 07:46 PM   #31
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

shrek was hilarious. I almost died when Snow White and Cinderalla fought over the bouquet.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 08:05 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

The gingerman bit was hilarious, and so were all the other fairy tale references (three pigs, Pinochio, etc) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2001, 08:37 AM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

i thought the matrix part was pretty cool with cameron diaz (the princess) kicking some serious ass
Old 05-24-2001, 08:43 AM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

one part bugged me. not bad, but i couldn't remember what movie it was from...

you know when shrek is making the dragon get all tangled in the chain? then he turns the corner in slow motion, yells "run." the dragon is coming up behind him in slow motion, breathes the fire, then everything speeds up from slow motion to normal speed as they outrun the fire.

that was a take-off of a scene in a movie, bt for the life of me, i can't remember what!
Old 05-26-2001, 10:54 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

i guess as long as you're joking about it, you can steal any part away from any movie and get away with it
Old 06-13-2001, 03:05 PM   #36
djb
Administrator

Two days til Tomb Raider - WOOHOO!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Jolie is pure YUM!
Old 06-13-2001, 03:11 PM   #37
djb
Administrator

Ripped from Reuters:

Indeed, the pairing is a match made in heaven except for one problem that had most everyone leaving the movie at test screenings around Los Angeles talking: In the video game, Croft's breast size is exaggerated. To approximate the look, the film makers put Jolie in a bra that, in essence, became its own special effect.

"I'll make it real simple," she said. "I'm a 36-C. In the game, she's a double-D. In the movie, she's a D. We split the difference ... (the movie Croft) is much more athletic, and she has smaller breasts, but she's still Lara Croft, so there." Amid a room full of supposedly jaded reporters, Jolie sits silently -- rather matter-of-factly -- while they mostly turn away, scribble notes, check recorders and avoid eye contact. She has stunned them, again, but only because she gave a frank answer to question everyone had been dying to ask.
Old 06-14-2001, 10:26 AM   #38
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Recently saw Swordfish, can't say it was a great movie, but I got to see Halle Berry so it was worth the price of admission!
Old 06-14-2001, 07:48 PM   #39
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

I agree there Kid.. I liked some of the special affects in Swordfish, but Seeing Halle naked was worth MUCH more than the $7.50 I paid to get in. Ive been waiting for this girl to get naked for A LONG TIME!
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 07:50 PM   #40
djb
Administrator

I've got the mpeg vid clip of that scene if anyone's interested [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]