Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-30-2009, 02:21 AM   #81
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
Barea's +12 on defense is the worst on the team. The floor time stats say he's on the court 48% of the time.

[I just don't get the Barea hoopla. Are you trying to argue that Barea is not a weak spot on defense (if not, why not agree with him and be done on with it.) ]
My apologies. I read the stats wrong and got something flipped in Barea's favor that should go against him. Yes, that (initial misreading) did come as a surprise to me. By all measures, one would expect him to be a defensive weakness.

Still and all, what is missing is a good judgment of the big picture. As much as we hate to face it, the fact does remain that--for an extreme hypothetical--a guy who kills you at a rate of one point per minute is far more favorable than a guy who kills you at two points per minute, if you have to choose between the two.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #82
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

So Barea is better than guys that don't exist? That's good to know.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:41 AM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
So Barea is better than guys that don't exist? That's good to know.
Ummm...that's not exactly the conclusion you should draw.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:15 AM   #84
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The thing with JJB is he needs to be put into the right spots to succeed. He's a backup for a reason. JJB, like all backups, start getting exposed against better competition, or when he see's big minutes. His job is to come in, and give us a spark. More times than not he's going to be manhandled on the other side of the court because of his size. Lets face it, he's a small guy compared to anyone not named Earl Boykins.. it's just how it is. And sometimes he tends to get dribble happy. The ball stops with him.

I like JJB, he is what he is. I just hope once Josh gets back the three guard lineup goes away forever, especially at crunch time.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #85
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier View Post
FYI: Every game i've missed we loose and every game I watch we win.
Well then you know what you must do.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #86
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpeoK...layer_embedded

I think every media member agrees that Roddy should get more of Bareas minutes.
Its okay to disagree with what the coach does sometimes. It doesn't make you a "hater"

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

JJB can't defend. I rest my case.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blocking cadbane > sex, defending jj>winning, i hate you all, mavs not > sex anymore, nowhereman=nowhereiq, rant>rave, stop being racist, stop complaining, vagina dentata