Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2001, 05:10 PM   #1
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Who is going to win the Coach of the Year? I know this sounds like I'm being a homer, but Nellie should win. The Coach of the Year usually is the coach whose team has made the most improvement. Since the Western conference is so brutal this year and the Mavs look like they might be the only new team to crack into the playoffs, that would make Nellie's improvement of the Mavs the most significant.

Any other candidates that you guys can think of?
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2001, 05:10 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

How about Larry Brown?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 06:27 PM   #3
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

I think that the fact he took time off to reavaluate his priorities will count against him. Besides Philadelphia made the playoffs last year, weren't they like the 3rd or 4th seed?

The voters for Coach of the Year tend to prefer the turnaround program. I agree that that's not fair, it's harder to get from playoff team to elite than it is to get a bad team to the playoffs.

The cancer recovery will also help Nellie's chances.
Old 03-08-2001, 08:31 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I agree with you Fan , I never expected the Mavs to have this good a record. Don Nelson(though I question some things he does) has done a great job this year.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 08:34 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a bad feeling that Brown is going to get the coach of the year award this year... Nelsons' cancer absence will probably take him out of the running (even with the sympathy that it might garner)...
Old 03-09-2001, 04:38 PM   #6
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Nelson for sure!!!
Old 03-09-2001, 09:16 PM   #7
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Just saw BskBall listed Nelson as Executive Of The Year so far! Nice
Old 03-09-2001, 09:43 PM   #8
Mavs#1Fan

scooterj5 - where did you see that?
Old 03-09-2001, 09:45 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Check the BskBALL web site.
Old 03-09-2001, 10:04 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

lol, completely forgot about that. Nelson could win Executive of the year. He is after all the GM.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 10:08 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

I thought it was interesting how BskBALL had Larry Brown as Coach of the Year, Dikembe Mutombo as Defensive Player of the Year, Aaron McKie getting 6th Man honors, and Allen Iverson as the league MVP. However, they think Milwaukee will win the East!