Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Stackhouse to Chicago idea

I loathe realgm, but it seems we could trade Stack to Chicago for a little less than what they are trying to get Vince Carter for. I'd want either Chandler or Curry, and I'd want Piatowski to provide 3's off the bench. Seems like that would work.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Stackhouse to Chicago idea

From what I understand, Toronto would want Chandler or Curry plus either Hinrich or Gordon. I don't think the Bulls are inclined to do that. I DO think the Bulls are inclined to move either Chandler or Curry.

The real question is where Stackhouse would fit into Chicago's plans. They have their backcourt of the future in Hinrich and Gordon (assuming that Gordon pans out, which I think he will), and they have their SF of the future in Deng. Deng is already playing solid basketball from what I can tell. They also have another solid rookie SF in Nocioni and a potential backup PG in Chris Duhon. If they insert Stackhouse into the equation, does he start at SG, with Gordon coming off the bench? If they give us Chandler (or Curry) who starts at PF (or C)?

From our standpoint, your proposed deal is a no-brainer, IMO.

Dampier - Bradley - Booth
Nowitzki - Chandler - Henderson
Howard - Daniels
Finley - Piatkowski
Harris - Terry

IR: Benga, Pavel, TAW

Chandler is a good rebounder and active big who could play backup PF and some C in certain situations.

Dampier 32 - Chandler 16
Nowitzki 38 - Chandler 10
Howard 35 - Daniels 13
Finley 32 - Daniels 16
Harris 18 - Terry 30

Looks pretty darn good to me.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:30 PM   #3
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I came up with this exact trade in another thread just last night so of course I agree with it. Chicago Needs a SG Real bad and Stackhouse is one that can score 20+ ppg. In the last 5 games for Chicago, their Starting SGs are averaging only 17.8 minutes per game and 3 ppg. Chandler has started only 2 of those games and had just 9minutes in one of those starts. It seems like they would gladly take Stackhouse in exchange for Chandler right now. Make the call now.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:23 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stackhouse to Chicago idea

in a second...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Stack isn't as marketable, but he's cheaper and has a shorter contract if you count Carter's player option year.

We'd probably have to include or cut Dickau to get the roster spot. Or we could finally buy out TAW.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 12-03-2004, 04:57 PM   #6
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

This works:

Dallas trades: PG Dan Dickau (1.3 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 0.3 apg in 4.0 minutes)
SG Jerry Stackhouse (14.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 30.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: SG Eric Piatkowski (6.4 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 16.6 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (7.5 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 26.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.4 ppg, +5.9 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

Chicago trades: SG Eric Piatkowski (6.4 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Chicago receives: PG Dan Dickau (1.3 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 0.3 apg in 4.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.4 ppg, -5.9 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

But the problem is that I think Chicago has to get a big back in order to do the deal--otherwise they're really short on size.

So if I were them, I'd insist on this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]allas trades: C Didier Ilunga-Mbenga (0.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 4.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SG Eric Piatkowski (6.4 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.6 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

Chicago trades: SG Eric Piatkowski (6.4 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Chicago receives: C Didier Ilunga-Mbenga (0.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 4.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.6 ppg, -5.2 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

This makes it a tougher choice. But I think I'd still do it.

SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:41 PM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Well, any Dickau plans are out the window.

Old 12-03-2004, 05:45 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Stack isn't as marketable, but he's cheaper and has a shorter contract if you count Carter's player option year.

We'd probably have to include or cut Dickau to get the roster spot. Or we could finally buy out TAW.
Hasn't Carter said that he will opt out? He's an expiring contract and Toronto wants something for him.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:40 PM   #9
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Stackhouse is the only Mav that I would be willing to give up. He continually misses easy lay-ups and foced shots. Some games he can get a hot hand, but I say if we were to make any trades, trade him and a filler for a nice bench player....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:08 AM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Well speaking of missed bunnies. Howard and Daniels miss their fare share of lay-ups. Of course I pull the trigger on the deal.

Hell the mavs could go super big
Daniels
Finley
Dirk
Chandler
Dampier

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:20 AM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Anybody want to change this to Finley to Chicago?

Old 02-04-2005, 12:32 AM   #12
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

It's just ridiculous that people are trying to find ways to get rid of Finley.. sure, he isn't shooting the lights out.. but do the words "leadership" or "continuity" mean anything? How about "chemistry"?

We're playing awesome ball.. let's not trade ANYBODY and see how the season turns out. We can't beat San Antonio without making any unrealistic deals, so let's just see if we can even get TO them before we worry about getting past them.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote