Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last day for all-star picks.

Last day for all-star picks.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Returns 19.1.
Kevin Garnett (Min.) 1,203,726
Dirk Nowitzki (Dal.) 530,291
Pau Gasol (Mem.) 517,161

Chris Mihm (LAL) 179,308
Erick Dampier (Dal.) 176,393
Brad Miller (Sac.) 166,067
Chris Kaman (LAC) 109,480

Strange choices.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I think there are some contract kickers (bonuses) etc. for E. Dampier if he makes the
All Star as a starter.

I am almost positive this is the case in the final two years of his contract
and I am wondering if anyone knows if that is the case in these early years of his contract.

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

I am pretty sure that the contract clause was that Dampier make the All-Star team - didn't matter if he was a starter or coaches pick.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Who were the 176,393 losers who voted for Damp?
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

that list shows that coaches and players should make the all-star list and not the fans. Mihm, give me a break.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

laughing out loud.. mihm haha

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
Who were the 176,393 losers who voted for Damp?
Well I did, everytime.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-24-2006, 10:26 PM   #9
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Well I did, everytime.
dude1394, are you serious? Damp and the All-Start game don't even belong in the same sentence.

Again, seeing that 179,308 voted for Mihm...Mihm! I guess I gotta go vote for Damp too...
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
dude1394, are you serious? Damp and the All-Start game don't even belong in the same sentence.

Again, seeing that 179,308 voted for Mihm...Mihm! I guess I gotta go vote for Damp too...
Hey what can I say, I'm a homer. The all-star voting by fans is bogus as heck anyway, why should I take it seriously. Weighing which "center" should get my vote. I voted for jason terry, stackhouse and josh as well. shrug.

To be honest, I don't know why I even vote. Except that I AM a homer and want to do something for the boys.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:13 AM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Hey what can I say, I'm a homer. The all-star voting by fans is bogus as heck anyway, why should I take it seriously. Weighing which "center" should get my vote.
No kidding. Everyone around the country just votes for whoever the hell they want to, no matter how well they're playing. Doesn't matter if Dirk or Camby are playing better; Yao, Duncan and Garnett will always start (although I remember reading that T-Mac is actually ahead of Garnett this year) And it didn't matter if Vince Carter was injured, or simply not trying anymore, he always has and always will start in the east. I mean, Grant Hill started for the east last year for god's sake. Grant Hill! Ugh...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:43 AM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Calling it bogus and then contributing to the poor fan voting is pretty lame..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #13
Lwin

Lwin is on a distinguished road

I don't like how we elect the president, but I vote anyway.
Lwin is offline   Reply With Quote