Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
That's a whole lotta hope right there.
Gotta agree, I haven't seen anything out of roddy to warrant 35mpg.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #42
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Gotta agree, I haven't seen anything out of roddy to warrant 35mpg.
we've definitely seen flashes, and I think enough to warrant minutes through the ups and downs of a learning curve. But yeah, we can only hope he's good enough to fill out the minutes we need from an NBA starter. We're kinda stuck with hope, though, at the 2 guard and for a 2nd scorer.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-10-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
we've definitely seen flashes, and I think enough to warrant minutes through the ups and downs of a learning curve. But yeah, we can only hope he's good enough to fill out the minutes we need from an NBA starter. We're kinda stuck with hope, though, at the 2 guard and for a 2nd scorer.
What else are the Mavs going to do? During the early part of the regular season, I could see easing him into those minutes by giving Terry a bit more of the burn, but as the season progresses the Mavs have to give Beaubois those minutes and see what happens. If he can't be the SG and the 2nd scorer, the team has to make a move at the break or resign itself to another disappointing postseason.

And please, don't anyone suggest that Butler can be either: 1) a SG, or 2) the 2nd scorer on this team. He doesn't create his own shot well enough, handle well enough, and he's not efficient enough. He fits better in the starting lineup than Marion does because he is at least a threat to score and defends the SF spot fairly well (i.e., he's a 2 way player, unlike Marion), but that's where it ends.

Bottom line: If the Mavs can turn Beaubois into a No. 2 scorer, then things could work out for this roster. If not, more changes are needed.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #44
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
What else are the Mavs going to do? .
Nothing but hope. The second biggest piece of their championship hopes is a small 2nd year 2 guard that they've spent a year failing to make into a point guard. (and you had Dojo the completely unproven rookie backing him up)

He can jump real high to finish the alley oop, and had a 40 point game. But that really doesn't guarantee anything.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-10-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #45
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nothing but hope. The second biggest piece of their championship hopes is a small 2nd year 2 guard that they've spent a year failing to make into a point guard. (and you had Dojo the completely unproven rookie backing him up)

He can jump real high to finish the alley oop, and had a 40 point game. But that really doesn't guarantee anything.
It's sort of like Star Wars and counting on a young Luke Skywalker to shoot a proton blast down the ventilation shaft of the Death Star while being pursued by Darth Vader, except without that whole "Force" thing to help out.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What else are the Mavs going to do? During the early part of the regular season, I could see easing him into those minutes by giving Terry a bit more of the burn, but as the season progresses the Mavs have to give Beaubois those minutes and see what happens. If he can't be the SG and the 2nd scorer, the team has to make a move at the break or resign itself to another disappointing postseason.

And please, don't anyone suggest that Butler can be either: 1) a SG, or 2) the 2nd scorer on this team. He doesn't create his own shot well enough, handle well enough, and he's not efficient enough. He fits better in the starting lineup than Marion does because he is at least a threat to score and defends the SF spot fairly well (i.e., he's a 2 way player, unlike Marion), but that's where it ends.

Bottom line: If the Mavs can turn Beaubois into a No. 2 scorer, then things could work out for this roster. If not, more changes are needed.
Unfortunately I agree with you despite my thoughts on roddy. This team as it's constituted now is a one and done candidate (unless they really,really turn up their defensive intensity and I haven't seen that either).

I thought that the Al jefferson route to transform the team was a more solid one, but...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #47
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's sort of like Star Wars and counting on a young Luke Skywalker to shoot a proton blast down the ventilation shaft of the Death Star while being pursued by Darth Vader, except without that whole "Force" thing to help out.
hmm. The season doesn't sound quite so uninteresting when you put it that way. I wonder if Guadeloupe has any womp rats.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And please, don't anyone suggest that Butler can be either: 1) a SG, or 2) the 2nd scorer on this team.
Not only can Butler be the second scorer on this team, but he WILL be (unfortunately, being the second scorer on this team and being the second scorer on a championship-caliber team are two different things...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #49
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

We have three scorer players.
1.Dirk Nowitzki
2.Caron Butler(he will be secound scorer in our team)
3.Jasson Terry

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #50
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
We have three scorer players.
1.Dirk Nowitzki
2.Caron Butler(he will be secound scorer in our team)
3.Jasson Terry
don't forget Roddy B when he gets better...
Old 10-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #51
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Not only can Butler be the second scorer on this team, but he WILL be
I'll take that bet. I don't think he will be.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #52
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

It's gonna be close between Caron and Jet again barring a trade.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #53
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll take that bet. I don't think he will be.
I meant that more as a negative about the rest of the team's scoring ability rather than a positive for Butler.

Who's going to out-score him, Terry? The Mavs have serious problems if our 6th/7th man (whose minutes should be trimmed down this season) is the 2nd-highest scorer.

Maybe Roddy can be our #2 guy, but I'll have to see it before I believe it...

Old 10-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #54
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roddy has a chance, of course there isn't much to go off of but he can go inside and score from outside. Everyone and their mother in the organization is saying Roddy is the future of the team and his unpredictability brings a new dynamic to an offense that can be very stale.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #55
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
don't forget Roddy B when he gets better...
yes you have right.Roddy will be great player in this season.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I think Roddy has a chance, of course there isn't much to go off of but he can go inside and score from outside. Everyone and their mother in the organization is saying Roddy is the future of the team and his unpredictability brings a new dynamic to an offense that can be very stale.
I'm not sure what else he can do...but Roddy has proven to me that he can score at a very high level.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #57
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I'm not sure what else he can do...but Roddy has proven to me that he can score at a very high level.
Well the next step would be doing so on a consistent level. Can he do it for a series of games, not just the sporadic game here and there, that's what I would want to see...but I believe he can do it.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #58
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well the next step would be doing so on a consistent level. Can he do it for a series of games, not just the sporadic game here and there, that's what I would want to see...but I believe he can do it.
give him the shots, the minutes, and the green light...and he'll get ya pts. Like I said, I'm not sure what else, but I feel fairly confident in his ability to score.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #59
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Dirk was right at media day "Our future is in Roddys hand".

Butler wont be Robin and Terry is more close to Batgirl than Robin. So maybe if the team has three 15-18PPG players behind Dirk at least two of them will show up every game...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #60
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Looks like Dirk was right at media day "Our future is in Roddys hand".

Butler wont be Robin and Terry is more close to Batgirl than Robin. So maybe if the team has three 15-18PPG players behind Dirk at least two of them will show up every game...
http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/9/...nt-second-star
Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #61
tomly

tomly will become famous soon enough

Short
tomly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #62
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomly View Post
Short

Last edited by Underdog; 10-12-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #63
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty sad and depressing when a 10x50 veteran team has to pray for a breakout year of o sophmore..
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #64
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Pretty sad and depressing when a 10x50 veteran team has to pray for a breakout year of o sophmore..
...and when you know that there are at least 3 teams better than you especially the Lakers and the delusional owner looks you in the eyes and tells you "we can beat them". It probably wouldn't hurt my heart so bad if our only move this off sesason was Chandler, Mahinmi, Dojo.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #65
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

You have to hope that a move back to his natural spot at the 3 helps Butler score more. You have to hope having Marion at the 4 like he was in PHX will help him score, especially against some of the stiffs who play back up power forward in this league.
You have to hope Roddy becomes a solid scorer, even after teams start to scheme to stop him.
And you have to hope Terry plays more back up point and JJB plays less.
And even if all that comes through, you have to be dreaming to think this team gets by the Lakers.
However, they might be good enough to beat the rest of the West.... but thats a huge dream as well.

Last edited by G-Man; 10-13-2010 at 02:54 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:04 AM   #66
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
And even if all that comes through, you have to be dreaming to think this team gets by the Lakers.
However, they might be good enough to beat the rest of the West.... but thats a huge dream as well.
G-Man usually doesn't think so negatively.

We must be in deep poo poo now.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 10-13-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #67
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
You have to hope that a move back to his natural spot at the 3 helps Butler score more. You have to hope having Marion at the 4 like he was in PHX will help him score, especially against some of the stiffs who play back up power forward in this league.
You have to hope Roddy becomes a solid scorer, even after teams start to scheme to stop him.
Sad but true.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #68
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nash, fed him for a ton of those buckets. Can't see Barea/Jet setting him up the same way. Marion was a stud of the system, it's a different system different set of players.

Need a 2 guard. I mean Marion-Butler, we got excess there, time to skim the fat and bring in a stud 2 guard. Neither can slide over to the spot. Unfortunately it's difficult to make that move now. Teams are just cutting or trading players 15-20, not the top 8. Just hoping DoJo and eventually Boobs can develop into players this year.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #69
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

To be honest even signing a guy like Raja Bell would made the transition smoother, transition to Boobs/DoJo. Bell would have D'ed up the better backcourt player, sure he's on the wrong side of 30, but this is a 1-2 year project, he fills a need. I think having a fake 2 guard in Jet there, really stunted what we needed to get done in the offseason. Getting Chandler was huge, but not filling the 2 guard, didn't quite get us the homerun to get on par with LA.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #70
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad we spent that MLE somewhere else.. oh snaps, we didn't.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #71
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Sad but true.
I'm sure that our FO is fully aware of the likeliness of us not being able to beat the Lakers in a playoff series and thus willing to try and make the necessary moves later this season. The Lakers should have solved their two biggest weaknesses by adding another point guard as well as Matt Barnes. Blake is the much-needed upgrade at the 1, while he and Matt Barnes together improve the Lakers' once-worrisome lack of depth. One could argue that Blake and Barnes are bigger improvements for them than Tyson Chandler is for us. Not to mention that the Lakers were already better last year.

That said, Chandler isn't supposed to be a difference maker. He and Butler are our biggest trade assets come February. Our entire championship goals and hopes revolve around that deadline. Actually, I think the main reason why Chandler was brought in is because of his huge expiring contract. Depending on the quality of the offers early next year, we could add more expiring contracts (JJB, Stevenson) and/or cheap young talent (Roddy, Dojo).

Therefore, I'm not mad or concerned at this point. I only want us to be good enough to be among the four best teams in the conference, which sounds like a realistic goal. Then, in February, something really big has to happen for us to be in the championship race. If something along those lines didn't happen, then I would be sad because we’re running out of time. Not now.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #72
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Too bad we spent that MLE somewhere else.. oh snaps, we didn't.
Oh yea, Haslem, oh wait he said no, Harrington, oh wait he said no.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #73
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'm sure that our FO is fully aware of the likeliness of us not being able to beat the Lakers in a playoff series and thus willing to try and make the necessary moves later this season. The Lakers should have solved their two biggest weaknesses by adding another point guard as well as Matt Barnes. Blake is the much-needed upgrade at the 1, while he and Matt Barnes together improve the Lakers' once-worrisome lack of depth. One could argue that Blake and Barnes are bigger improvements for them than Tyson Chandler is for us. Not to mention that the Lakers were already better last year.

That said, Chandler isn't supposed to be a difference maker. He and Butler are our biggest trade assets come February. Our entire championship goals and hopes revolve around that deadline. Actually, I think the main reason why Chandler was brought in is because of his huge expiring contract. Depending on the quality of the offers early next year, we could add more expiring contracts (JJB, Stevenson) and/or cheap young talent (Roddy, Dojo).

Therefore, I'm not mad or concerned at this point. I only want us to be good enough to be among the four best teams in the conference, which sounds like a realistic goal. Then, in February, something really big has to happen for us to be in the championship race. If something along those lines didn't happen, then I would be sad because we’re running out of time. Not now.
Yeah but I'm getting a jump start.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #74
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I've called for Terry to get the majority of minutes at the back-up 1 for the past two years. It would be beneficial for several reasons. It would significantly cut down on JJB's minutes (which I think is crucial). Also, it allows Roddy (and now this year DoJo and Stevenson to get some minutes at the 2). Also, Jet guards PGs far better than SGs for the most part. He is also a rather underrated passer, and I think he plays a lot better when he is looking to create for guys than playing the Steve Kerr role.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #75
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Haywood/Chandler - 48
Nowitzki 36 - Marion 12
Butler 35 - Marion 13
Beaubois 35 - Jones 13
Kidd 30 - Terry 18
Given the current makeup of the roster, ^THIS^ is the only minute distribution I've seen that makes sense. Of course, as has been pointed out, Roddy's estimated minutes are nothing more than a hope. But if Roddy is not consistent enough to get 30+ minutes a game once he is fully healed, then the Mavs have to make a move at the trade deadline, because we will be going nowhere fast.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #76
BGMaverick9
Guru

122 votes on my MMB article on who should be the backup point guard between JJ and Jet: JJ has 66 votes to Jet's 56.

Tags
starwarsfagsunite, usuallyblowin'