Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 05-28-2022, 11:59 AM   #81
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
A few mocks have both Jaylin and Koloko going in the second round. Be cool to work some magic to trade back and get both of them if you can. That way you aren't hampered with a 1st round salary commitment if they aren't any good, but you're getting two talented center prospects.
The problem I have with Williams is his size.
Listed at 6"10 but more like 6'8 and I'm afraid we'll try to make him into a center.
Also, if we are going with a small ball center, or even if he plays PF, I'd like to see better 3pt numbers.

Using your strategy of trading back, I'd rather it be Koloko and Kamagate and hope one, or both stick.
Wonder if Orlando would trade 32/35 for 26?

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-28-2022 at 03:37 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2022, 10:04 PM   #82
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

I think it is pretty simple for the Mavs. Pick Saddiq Bey at 18 then package the 31st and 36th pick to move up one spot and snag Desmond Bane at 30.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:34 AM   #83
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It is a tough call between someone like Jaylin Williams or Walker Kessler (if the Mavs go for a center in the draft).

My idea is to draft Kessler and still make a trade to get Holmes. Then you're set with Holmes/Kessler/Kleber provided you can keep Kleber and the pick whilst still getting Holmes.

But Mavs twitter is gaga about Jaylin. I like him. I don't think this is a Desmond Bane type of obvious pick, but his stock is rising. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if by draft night he is taken before us after the combine showing. The second half of the first round is a serious crap shoot at this point.

Box and one is a great twitter follow btw. They rank Jaylin Williams right behind Holgrem defensively (Kessler 4). https://twitter.com/TheBoxAndOne_/st...76689658945537

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-06-2022 at 02:49 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:08 AM   #84
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Jaylin Williams, but I?m not sure he will be there when we pick. He seems like a glue guy who does a lot of things that may not show up on the stat sheet. Good defensively, solid rebounder, and he might be able to expand his range with time to spread the floor. He seems to move his feet well on the perimeter too which is important in todays game.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:24 AM   #85
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

There are two or three potential "hidden gems" PFs/Cs that may be available in the second round. Mavs should consider making a trade to add a draft pick. Koloko, T. Williams, J. Williams, Kamagate could all be available in the upper second round. Not sure if the Mavs have assets to get it done, but I would consider trading Josh Green for one in that group. Not a knock on Josh, it's more there is a glaring need that must be addressed and there are bound to be both busts and diamonds in the rough. I think they should load up their training camp with options and bet that one of them will blossom into a rotation player/starter.

If the Mavs could pull off a trade, they could conceivably draft two of the above. One at #26 and another in the second round.

Last edited by purplefrog; 06-06-2022 at 09:28 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:42 PM   #86
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Jaylin Williams is basically a better version of Kleber, except that he can't shoot threes like Maxi. You only draft him if you intend on moving Maxi which you might want to sell high on. Lots of pretty good options at center that will make us real contenders. All they have to do is not f it up. I think one of Kessler or Williams are at 26.

Buncha wings I like, but man it's hard to pin a player when it's all over the place. Really like Beauchamp, but is he going at 20 or 30? Even Jalen Williams (not to be confused with Jaylin) projects the same way.

The only guy I'm pretty sure no way slips is Jovic. He is way too talented and teams are taking these talented Euros more seriously for obvious reasons.

Old 06-06-2022, 02:20 PM   #87
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
There are two or three potential "hidden gems" PFs/Cs that may be available in the second round. Mavs should consider making a trade to add a draft pick. Koloko, T. Williams, J. Williams, Kamagate could all be available in the upper second round. Not sure if the Mavs have assets to get it done, but I would consider trading Josh Green for one in that group. Not a knock on Josh, it's more there is a glaring need that must be addressed and there are bound to be both busts and diamonds in the rough. I think they should load up their training camp with options and bet that one of them will blossom into a rotation player/starter.

If the Mavs could pull off a trade, they could conceivably draft two of the above. One at #26 and another in the second round.
The amount of pretzel twisting caveats that the collective Mavs fanbase feels compelled to use when making their disclaimer for Josh Green is amusing. I like to just go ahead and say - he is a bust.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:44 AM   #88
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts on Dominick Barlow? I don?t know too much about him, but he sounds like a versatile big. Should be available in the 2nd if we can somehow acquire a pick.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:08 AM   #89
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The amount of pretzel twisting caveats that the collective Mavs fanbase feels compelled to use when making their disclaimer for Josh Green is amusing. I like to just go ahead and say - he is a bust.
There's really not that many people backing Josh Green. There is, however, a handful of people who can't quite let it go and focus on what can be done NOW instead of constantly bringing up the past decisions of a FO that is no longer here.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:57 PM   #90
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The only reason I am not willing to go full throttle "Josh Green is a bust" is that, if true, then he has no trade value. I believe he has a modicum of trade value and could possibly contribute somewhere down the line. Therefore he is not a bust. Pretty straight forward.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:14 PM   #91
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds good. In a strange twist instead of Jaylin Williams the Mavs redraft Josh Green with the 26th pick.
I can only assume you typed this with one hand while standing outside Josh Green?s home staring in through a window and doing lord knows what with your other hand.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:19 PM   #92
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I can only assume you typed this with one hand while standing outside Josh Green?s home staring in through a window and doing lord knows what with your other hand.
Ew..Gross
Old 06-08-2022, 11:37 PM   #93
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-nba-mo...232425111.html

This mock has us taking Bryce Mcgowens from Nebraska
hadn't heard of him at all before looking him up now

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-up-the-top-10

This one has us taking Jalen Williams from Santa Clara
"A 6'6" wing who shot 39.6 percent from three as a junior, Williams gives the Mavs another outside threat next to Luka Doncic. A 7'2" wingspan and high energy level should help turn him into an NBA-ready defender soon as well."

there's reports that he was one of the best players at the combine and his measurables were impressive as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ason-stand-out

3. Jalen Williams is getting attention

Santa Clara's Jalen Williams may have solidified his status as a first-round pick with an all-around impressive showing at the combine. After a breakout junior season, Williams turned heads with a whopping 7-foot-2 1/4 wingspan while measuring in at nearly 6-foot-6 in shoes. He also posted a 39-inch vertical, 5th-best at the combine this year. According to USA Today, Williams is only the second player in combine history to meet a set of wide-ranging thresholds for standing vertical leap, speed and wingspan. The other player was Donovan Mitchell, who became a draft steal in part because of those traits.

Williams also fared well in the 5-on-5 action, especially as a creator off the dribble. He has an interesting case as a late-bloomer who doesn't hail from a major college program. But Williams is athletic, has NBA length, great feel as a ball-handler and the shooting percentage trajectory teams are looking for. Williams averaged a well-rounded 18 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists while shooting 39.6% from three last season.

Jalen Williams showed his versatility and skill with a strong all-around performance today, finishing with 19 points on 7/8 shooting. Made some nice passes and played strong defense as usual. Has a lot of NBA fans at the NBA Combine. pic.twitter.com/hND0bcTaQJ? Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) May 20, 2022

Last edited by Scoobay; 06-09-2022 at 11:19 AM.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:58 AM   #94
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

My fav players for the Mavs in the draft (in no particular order):

Jaylin Williams
Kendall Brown
Ismael Kamagate
Wendell Moore
Moussa Diabate
Kennedy Chandler

Players I want to stay away from:

Ryan Rollins
Dalen Terry
MarJon Beauchamp

A toss up:

The rest of the bigs: Kessler, Koloko, Mark Williams.... I can see why the Mavs could use guys like them, but I also think they're a dime a dozen in today's NBA (our inability to roster one notwithstanding).

Last edited by tap2390; 06-10-2022 at 06:03 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:07 AM   #95
tap2390
Diamond Member

Other random draft thoughts:

-a couple of high 2nd round picks are going to be fantastic NBA players -- including one of the aforementioned bigs;

-lots of athleticism in this draft -- Diabate, K. Brown, W. Moore, K. Chandler are all elite athletes
Old 06-10-2022, 08:36 AM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
The rest of the bigs: Kessler, Koloko, Mark Williams.... I can see why the Mavs could use guys like them, but I also think they're a dime a dozen in today's NBA (our inability to roster one notwithstanding).
Yes, this is a draft of wings, and I'm totally fine getting one. But our center position is untenable. It's not good, bad, or mediocre. It's abysmal.

And living in la la land about who we could trade for or sign means 0 when you can just draft a decent one.

Until we replace Powell, then he will be our starting center. That needs to end yesterday.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:03 AM   #97
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think there?s a very high chance (60%+) that we trade away the pick/picks for something

Player, cap relief, or both
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:48 AM   #98
tap2390
Diamond Member

I personally believe that we will aim for continuity and incremental improvements. That means we will re-sign Brunson and Nico will get his shot to use #26.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:09 AM   #99
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I personally believe that we will aim for continuity and incremental improvements. That means we will re-sign Brunson and Nico will get his shot to use #26.
Warriors got Looney and Poole late in the first round. And last two drafts hit on usable bench players at 26.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:57 PM   #100
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

If trading the pick (26) can help yield us a quality starting Center that could immediately solve our frontline woes, I'm all for it.
I'm not crazy about Kessler as a fit for us at all, and some of the others are good prospects for us but unproven.

We just went to the WCFs, so I don't think we are in a position to experiment and develop.
Even if we do draft one of the Centers that might be available to us, we'll still have to sign another center if we want to upgrade our short-term situation.
Personally, I don't think that would be wise because we could use those resources to address other areas of need.

However, if Williams would happen to slip to us, I could see him getting into the rotation fairly quick, but it doesn't appear he'll fall that far based on all of the mock drafts I've seen.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-11-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-11-2022, 05:09 PM   #101
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think there?s a very high chance (60%+) that we trade away the pick/picks for something

Player, cap relief, or both
Completely agree that trading the pick is a very likely scenario.
Our success this year has definitely made us a win-now team and the pick won't do much for us in the short-term. Makes sense to move it to a rebuilding, or semi-rebuilding team that is looking to move a proven veteran player.

If we hear Kessler's (or one of the other Centers) name when we pick, I bet we're picking for another team that is trading one to us.
Makes some sense to me.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:36 PM   #102
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

You can't squander picks anymore though. This team has a bad history of doing that. Even Isaiah Roby is a usable player that Donnie got rid of for nothing.

And first round picks are gold these days. So if you're trading it, then you better damn well get a good return...a f'in center at that lol.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:15 PM   #103
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
You can't squander picks anymore though. This team has a bad history of doing that. Even Isaiah Roby is a usable player that Donnie got rid of for nothing.

And first round picks are gold these days. So if you're trading it, then you better damn well get a good return...a f'in center at that lol.
But we could just as easily squander that pick by selecting an unplayable player like we basically did with Green.
We have about an 80-90% chance of selecting a player that will have about the same impact that Green has had.

I?m ok with either way, but it would make good sense to me if they decide to trade the pick in a package for a proven player....preferably a center.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:57 PM   #104
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
My fav players for the Mavs in the draft (in no particular order):

Jaylin Williams
Kendall Brown
Ismael Kamagate
Wendell Moore
Moussa Diabate
Kennedy Chandler

Players I want to stay away from:

Ryan Rollins
Dalen Terry
MarJon Beauchamp

A toss up:

Guys like Brown and Moore are intriguing, but honestly the fact they can?t shoot well gives me great pause, especially in our system.

And Kessler would be a wasted pick imo. McGee, Whiteside, Howard and a few others would bring what Kessler would bring and be fairly easy to acquire.

I?d love to see us sign Hartenstein, re-sign Brunson, sign McGee, and use the pick as part of a package for Jerami Grant.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:09 AM   #105
tap2390
Diamond Member

I certainly understand that concern. The last thing you want is another Josh Green situation with a player who neither scores enough from the perimeter or at the rim to warrant play time.

That being said I think you have to be willing to project out with these guys. Brown is a freak athlete who lived on cuts to the basket and lobs. He has a nice compact jumper that looks like it will translate. Most importantly, he has size and defensive tenacity we?re missing on the perimeter currently:

Baylor's Kendall Brown official measurements from the NBA Combine: 6'7.5 in shoes, 6'11 wingspan, 8'7 standing reach, 201.2 lbs with 4.9% body fat

I would draft him, because I got super frustrated watching Wiggins and Poole tear us apart.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:10 PM   #106
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
ESPN Sources: Denver is trading F JaMychal Green and a protected 2027 first-round pick to Oklahoma City for the No. 30 pick in this month?s NBA Draft and two future second-round picks. Nuggets have No. 21 and 30 in this draft now and Thunder has Nos. 2, 12 and 34.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:11 PM   #107
Zeus

Quote:
I think this is our best bet. Give Nico a chance to do something with the draft. Trading away the pick doesn't necessarily give us any cap relief.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:38 AM   #108
BPo001
Diamond Member

According to Bleacher Report?s Jake Fischer, the Dallas Mavericks are testing the market?s interest in the 26th overall draft pick. Per Fischer:

The Mavericks and Warriors are searching for opportunities to acquire future draft capital for those selections, sources said, in the event a coveted player on their boards doesn?t fall. Another possible outcome is that they will select international draft-and-stash players.
Fischer notes the rapidly increasing cost of the Mavericks roster as a potential reason to move the pick down the line, but considering Dallas currently owes a protected pick to the Knicks in 2023, they might be interested in trading into what many experts see as a much deeper draft.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/6...WhX8&fs=e&s=cl
Old 06-14-2022, 01:12 PM   #109
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
According to Bleacher Report?s Jake Fischer, the Dallas Mavericks are testing the market?s interest in the 26th overall draft pick. Per Fischer:

The Mavericks and Warriors are searching for opportunities to acquire future draft capital for those selections, sources said, in the event a coveted player on their boards doesn?t fall. Another possible outcome is that they will select international draft-and-stash players.
Fischer notes the rapidly increasing cost of the Mavericks roster as a potential reason to move the pick down the line, but considering Dallas currently owes a protected pick to the Knicks in 2023, they might be interested in trading into what many experts see as a much deeper draft.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/6...WhX8&fs=e&s=cl
I really hope the MBT doesn't trade for future picks or do a draft-and-stash. There are two or three bigs that will likely be available at #26 and even in the second round. They should be looking to add picks not pass on the 2022 draft. If this the end result (no draft picks this year), it seems like nothing has changed from previous years and the only remaining decision-maker is cheapskate Cuban. Very disheartening if true.

REALGM says the #26 pick is slotted to make $1.7M. I can't believe that is going to bust the bank at this point.

Last edited by purplefrog; 06-14-2022 at 01:14 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:58 PM   #110
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I really hope the MBT doesn't trade for future picks or do a draft-and-stash. There are two or three bigs that will likely be available at #26 and even in the second round. They should be looking to add picks not pass on the 2022 draft. If this the end result (no draft picks this year), it seems like nothing has changed from previous years and the only remaining decision-maker is cheapskate Cuban. Very disheartening if true.

REALGM says the #26 pick is slotted to make $1.7M. I can't believe that is going to bust the bank at this point.
I?ve read (and don?t know if it?s true) that if we were to trade for a 2023 1st round pick we are then able to trade future picks since we would then own a pick in 2023 (and our original is owed to the Knicks). This could help if swinging for a star player?
Old 06-14-2022, 03:15 PM   #111
tap2390
Diamond Member

If we give away the pick to dump salary I will be livid. If Cuban can't afford to build a contender then he should sell the team.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:10 PM   #112
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I?ve read (and don?t know if it?s true) that if we were to trade for a 2023 1st round pick we are then able to trade future picks since we would then own a pick in 2023 (and our original is owed to the Knicks). This could help if swinging for a star player?
My god, if our plan for the draft is to misguidedly trade for a future pick just to keep superstar chasing, then we sure as hell aren't doing anything different. Hope that isn't really being considered.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:37 PM   #113
purplefrog
Platinum Member

I was thinking about the worst-case scenarios for this offseason....

1A.. Mavs let Brunson go for nothing (doubtful)

1B. Mavs sign and trade Brunson (possible)

2A. Mavs trade first round pick for future draft considerations (no idea if this is possible)

2B. Mavs trade first round pick for two second round picks. Pick a couple of international "not ready for prime time players" and stash them overseas (terrible idea; not sure how probable).

Some combination of 1(A or B) and 2 (A or B). Cuban saves money and is a happy camper because Dwight Powell is still a Mav.

Sorry to grumble.....
Old 06-16-2022, 07:20 AM   #114
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Use it in deal for Christian Woods, it seems
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:02 AM   #115
tap2390
Diamond Member

Can't mess up the draft if you don't have picks
Old 06-16-2022, 09:48 AM   #116
purplefrog
Platinum Member

So happy that the Mavs are on a better path now (as compared to previous years). Trading a late first round pick for a big that rebounds at a 7-10 per game clip is about as good as one could expect.

I hope Nico continues to be aggressive and tries to find a way into the second round of the draft. I still think there will be one or two bigs that have potential.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:50 AM   #117
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Couple mocks have Dalen Terry going at 26 who is Josh Green 2.0. No thanks.

Such a weird draft as there are 20 wings who could be good...or not. Too many of them are kinda meh though. Like there are a few I'd like to have, but am I caring that we don't have the 26th pick anymore? Not really.

F'in GS though will likely get to pick between Jaylin Willians or Koloko...both perfect fits for them.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #118
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Dunno how legit this is, but I do hope they can get a pick.

https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/s...72719582810112

Old 06-22-2022, 04:12 PM   #119
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dunno how legit this is, but I do hope they can get a pick.

https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/s...72719582810112
I wonder if we could work something out with Philly? They are shopping their pick at 23 (I believe). Does THJ interest them?

Last edited by BPo001; 06-22-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:12 PM   #120
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Detroit has traded Jerami Grant to Portland for 2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee, sources tell ESPN. 9 mins ago ? via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Detroit swaps 2022 second-round picks ? getting 36 for 46 ? with Portland, too. Detroit gets a 2025 second-round pick back from Portland, and Portland sends the most favorable 2026 second-round pick between Portland and New Orleans to Detroit, sources said. 9 mins ago ? via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: The 2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee is protected Nos. 1-4, sources said. Detroit sends Grant into a $21M trade exception, and Pistons now have $43 million in salary cap space for free agency. 9 mins ago ? via Twitter wojespn

Detroit couldn?t find a better deal than a 2025 1st from the Bucks? Assuming Giannis is still there that pick is likely going to be in the 20?s isn?t it?

Last edited by BPo001; 06-22-2022 at 05:15 PM.