Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default ACORN discussion - can we move this into one thread?

ACORN discussions are wrapped up into several threads so I was hoping that we could try to spin this into one thread to help clean up the board.

Now it appears as though we have two main ACORN topics:

Old news = ACORN's involvement on the housing crisis. This may deserve a thread all to itself but it's pretty clear that we two trains of thought.

1) there is plenty of evidence of the mob tactics that ACORN used to force banks to handout loans to underqualified or unqualified applicants...thus pushing the financial crisis of today.

How has this effected Americans? First those who signed up for the loans are in worse shape today as they no longer can afford to pay the loan back, they now have worse credit and their income is worth less. You can get into the psychological aspect of things...but this may not be the forum for this topic. At the end of the day, these folks that were in bad shape to begin with, are now in worse shape and have a good chance of not getting out of this mess in this lifetime...perhaps future generations of their families will make better choices and not get caught up in this failed liberal system.

There are other Americans also paying the price with the strongly felt recession we are in and the uncertainty of the immidiate future.

2) they had nothing to do with it...I'll let those who support this view discuss on this topic.

Now the other main topic that is being discussed is the current Voter Registration Fraud that is squarely at the hands of ACORN.

I recently read one argument from Mavsdog that stated it was not ACORN but rather those who work for ACORN. Then I also read from Mavsdog "How can anyone ge against getting those who are qualified to vote registered?"

I agree that all who are qualified to vote should be registered to vote. From what I can tell this is not a problem. All one has to do is go up to a Drivers License office and register. Unless someone is truly handicapped and can't go...their is no problem.

Now, should we go out of our way to register every walking body? Here might be were we disagree. I do agree if someone is physically incapable of going to a registration office, then let's find a way to provide a registration to them at their location or of providing handicapped transportation.

All others, we can get the word out, hand out flyers, speak to communities and let them know the where and how...but how can anyone not want a qualified voter to take responsibility for getting themselves registered? Are we so Co-Dependant that we have to do it for them?

Now on the subject of ACORN and its employees. If only one or two employees were guilty of such Voter Registration fraud, then sure we could see a unique case of a few individuals who reflect poorly of the ACORN mission...but correct me if I'm wrong, are these tactics not being detected in several key ground swing states? This is not an isolated case, but rather a trend that are heavily pointing towards ACORN. Where is the line of responsibility on an organization such as ACORN?

It appears to my eyes that we have an organization and a group of citizens trying to do whatever it takes to get what they want in this election. They are throwing what they can at the wall to see what sticks and then when something is caught and found to be illegal they are playing naive.

This is not one or two isolated incidents, but rather Thousands of instances of Voter Registration Fraud. No it is NOT voter fraud until a fraudulant vote has been cast...but how can we not question the voting process with the sheer numbers of registration fraud?

Was it not ACORN that originally reported some 1.3 Million new registered voters, and now they have repealed that number to 400K?

Now what does this do...first it cast major doubt on the upcoming election and the voting in general. Second it plays mind games with those who have followed the system in a legit way. For some, they will be discouraged and perhaps even lose the courage to stand up and vote.

In essense we are witnessing history as we are watching ACORN as an organization manipulate the very foundation of the American Voting System.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter, how about these nuts