Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts
Default "Obama has emerged as one of the most... successful presidents in American History"

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz3G4gj6f3k
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.voicesofliberty.com/artic...bamas-economy/
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #3
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think all of America and most of the world except for a certain percentage of liberals here in the US are in agreement that Obama is a colossal failure as a president. But go ahead and keep your head in the sand.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I think there is a certain percentage of conservatives in the US that do and always have thought that Obama was a colossal failure, and now the people in the middle are even more fed up with the general gridlock lack of anything, and the fact that the entire world economy remains in the doldrums (with the US as one of the relative few outliers clinging to a modest growth pattern).

I am pretty certain that almost no balanced historians looking back at the Obama presidency will will put it anywhere near the bottom of the heap. His movements were ALWAYS measured and incremental, and aimed at long term institutional capacity/stability. people get pissed off because he refuses to point double-barreled shotguns at any problem (the right hates that he won't do this in global affairs and the left hates that he won't do it in domestic affairs) --- but that is the sort of strategy that history is kind to.

the booger-eating-moronic Goebbels like comparisons will ALWAYS disappear over time.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously? There's no hope for some.

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-16-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Without getting myself into any sort of argument about Obama and/or politics in general, I would just like to contribute that I've been disappointed by Obama (only because I was naive enough to believe that he actually thought he could accomplish everything that he promised in his campaigns, some of which I would openly acknowledge that he has made no discernible effort to do) but I generally think he has done slightly more good than bad.

And I'll just respectfully leave it at that.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I've been disappointed by EVERY PRESIDENT EVER (only because I was naive enough to believe that they actually thought they could accomplish everything that they promised in their campaigns, some of which I would openly acknowledge that they have made no discernible effort to do)
Fixed your post...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I freaking love those two miserable old bastards.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest problem is that people are becoming more and more blinded by having to judge anyone as either a liberal or a conservative. I don't think Obama has been anywhere close to a terrible president, but oh me, I guess I'm just a bleeding hearted liberal for saying as much...even though I'm very middle of the road on a lot of issues. Just seems like any remotely political (and even non political) ideas anyone has can instantly be labeled as liberal or conservative...thus negating any value that idea has no matter how good or bad it actually is. I'm quite tired of it.

People believe what they want to believe these days...facts or logic be damned.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #11
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

I find that most people's view of Obama's presidency, positive or negative, was already set in stone before he was ever elected.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #12
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Kind of like Bush and WMDs? Oh wait that was a metric ton worse than anything you may be accusing Obama of.
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Biggest problem is that people are becoming more and more blinded by having to judge anyone as either a liberal or a conservative. I don't think Obama has been anywhere close to a terrible president, but oh me, I guess I'm just a bleeding hearted liberal for saying as much...even though I'm very middle of the road on a lot of issues. Just seems like any remotely political (and even non political) ideas anyone has can instantly be labeled as liberal or conservative...thus negating any value that idea has no matter how good or bad it actually is. I'm quite tired of it.

People believe what they want to believe these days...facts or logic be damned.
Obama has been a miserable failure. But thank you for your opinion.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
I find that most people's view of Obama's presidency, positive or negative, was already set in stone before he was ever elected.
Well it's not like he was an inexperienced community organizer with less than a single term under his belt and having never created a single job in his life.

I think the folks who thought he would be a colossal failure had some pretty good data points to use.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:43 AM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Obama has been a miserable failure. But thank you for your opinion.
I'd say government in general has been a huge success. Its goal isn't to serve or to protect, it's to expand.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:47 PM   #16
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Yeah, that´s us !
Old 10-31-2014, 11:02 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Yeah, that´s us !
Yeah, that's every post-Machiavelli government who can read!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #18
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Le Bon over all.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 10-31-2014 at 11:20 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote