Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-23-2021, 01:51 PM   #41
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wouldn't John Collins be a rental as well?
Potentially, although Collins wants a long-term placement and hasn't (at least publicly) listed a place he wants to be.

Drummond has already listed his preferences and it's not us.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2021, 02:16 PM   #42
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Potentially, although Collins wants a long-term placement and hasn't (at least publicly) listed a place he wants to be.

So we want our 3 max players to be Luka, KP AND Collins. I'm not sold yet.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #43
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Mavs are more likely to end up without getting anyone because they aren't willing to trade anyone but James Johnson and 2nd round pick.

The Nuggets and Mavericks remain on the lookout for wing help, with both clubs offering second-round picks and a veteran for salary-matching purposes (Gary Harris and James Johnson), per Joe Vardon of The Athletic.

They could have had Drummond but from what I've read holding onto to Powell is a priority and for Collins they are only rumored to be offering
Kleber.

I expect Drummond to walk right to LA play next to AD and make it impossible for anyone else to come out the WEST

Looks like they will remain committed to their boys in blue
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:40 PM   #44
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I have seen teams linked to being interested in Drummond (Lakers, Nets, and Knicks) but no mention of his preferences. My guess is he will pick the Lakers if there is a buyout.

I do not believe the Mavs are contenders either and certainly if Drummond has said "these are the teams that I am interested in playing for" and those teams have the financial resources to pay him long-term, then the hypothetical doesn't make sense. I am just a bit skeptical that Drummond + KP cannot work and would like to see a low cost experiment. Yes, I believe losing JJ, WCS, and Burke is a very low cost.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:10 PM   #45
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I am just a bit skeptical that Drummond + KP cannot work and would like to see a low cost experiment. Yes, I believe losing JJ, WCS, and Burke is a very low cost.
The only suggested scenarios I've read is Johnson, Powell & 2nd round picks.

The Pistons are asking for 2nd round picks plus the salary match contracts. But the Picks are most important to them.

Basically you get Drummond for peanuts if your team doesn't value 2nd round picks.

I don't think the Mavs are willing to trade Powell unless it's a star player on the table.

I believe if the Mavs wanted to make it work KP and Drummond could be effective. They don't have to share the floor for extended minutes but Drummond basically would play the low post while KP just goes back to his jump shooting ways playing the Kleber Role on offense. They very rarely pass him the ball anyway now days.....KP has taken 35 shots in the last 3 games.

Then he's going to sit out B2B games so those are minutes that Drummond can eat up.

Seems like a no brainer because all your doing is replacing Johnson and Powell with Drummond and regardless if he's a fit next to KP he's be more productive than either of those two guys without question.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-23-2021 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:23 PM   #46
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t see the point in giving up multiple 2nd round picks for Drummond. That’s just a bad business decision. I absolutely believe he can help this team win a few more games, but I’d rather save the assets for a player we can potential keep for more than 40 games.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:26 PM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The only suggested scenarios I've read is Johnson, Powell & 2nd round picks.

The Pistons are asking for 2nd round picks plus the salary match contracts. But the Picks are most important to them.

Basically you get Drummond for peanuts if your team doesn't value 2nd round picks.

I don't think the Mavs are willing to trade Powell unless it's a star player on the table.

I believe if the Mavs wanted to make it work KP and Drummond could be effective. They don't have to share the floor for extended minutes but Drummond basically would play the low post while KP just goes back to his jump shooting ways playing the Kleber Role on offense. They very rarely pass him the ball anyway now days.....KP has taken 35 shots in the last 3 games.

Then he's going to sit out B2B games so those are minutes that Drummond can eat up.

Seems like a no brainer because all your doing is replacing Johnson and Powell with Drummond and regardless if he's a fit next to KP he's be more productive than either of those two guys without question.

Absolutely disgusting

Old 03-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #48
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I don’t see the point in giving up multiple 2nd round picks for Drummond. That’s just a bad business decision. I absolutely believe he can help this team win a few more games, but I’d rather save the assets for a player we can potential keep for more than 40 games.
Outside of Brunson I can't even recall the Mavs drafting a 2nd rounder that turned into a quality rotation player.

Maybe Marquise Daniels but that's was like 20 years ago LOL
Old 03-23-2021, 05:17 PM   #49
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Outside of Brunson I can't even recall the Mavs drafting a 2nd rounder that turned into a quality rotation player.

Maybe Marquise Daniels but that's was like 20 years ago LOL
I’d be willing to bet that goes for most teams in the NBA. Most 2nd rounders don’t stick around. Luckily the Mavs have had decent success with undrafted players.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #50
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

John Collins is an RFA, so you would lock him up if you trade for him because you can match any offer.

In other news this is never going to happen because Travis Schlenk wont do any major trades with the Mavs anymore because of the potential added blowback
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:12 PM   #51
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
John Collins is an RFA, so you would lock him up if you trade for him because you can match any offer.

In other news this is never going to happen because Travis Schlenk wont do any major trades with the Mavs anymore because of the potential added blowback
If you did something like Maxi and Brunson then yea you better lock him up. Those 2 are part of a low seed playoff team. If it were Powell and fodder then you don't have to. While it's laughable they would take him, it's not an important piece.

You're right it won't happen though, in order to justify a deal with us, they need to sell it as a clear win. Imagine telling the fan base their 2nd best player went to the team that they traded a generational talent (Luka) to.

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-23-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:36 PM   #52
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I still think Gordon is the guy we should pursue.
Seems to check all of the boxes for need.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:49 PM   #53
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
He'd be my #1 option

But I think Boston and Portland both have more to offer.

He also allegedly turned down a trade to Houston stating he only wanted to play for a playoff contender.

I personally think he'd be the perfect pick n roll player to use with Luka and he can defend multiple positions.

The game vs Dallas he held Luka to 2-12 shooting and you could clearly see he bothered Luka defensively.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:00 PM   #54
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Brad Townsend: I asked Rick Carlisle about the trade deadline and he said, “As I say this time every year, I’m extremely doubtful that anything significant will happen” . . . He also emphasized “I like this team a lot.” 4 hours ago – via Twitter townbrad
Old 03-23-2021, 09:17 PM   #55
BPo001
Diamond Member

The Mavericks and Rockets are among the teams who’ve expressed exploratory interest in Drummond, HoopsHype has learned. – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

The Mavericks have expressed interest in Kings center Richaun Holmes, HoopsHype has learned. The Raptors and Hornets have also expressed interest in trading for Holmes, as The Athletic recently reported. – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

Last edited by BPo001; 03-23-2021 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:26 PM   #56
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i like Gordon but he has so damn many teams interested in him. Cant see how we the Magic would like our pieces over other offers. Specially from desperate guys under pressure like Danny Ainge...

I think they are looking what they could get for JJ + minor assets and otherwise they want to see how far the actual team is able to go. The team has their flaws but they are also pretty good after all the covid crap. So zero reason to do big but marginal moves...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:06 PM   #57
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Mavericks and Rockets are among the teams who’ve expressed exploratory interest in Drummond, HoopsHype has learned. – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

The Mavericks have expressed interest in Kings center Richaun Holmes, HoopsHype has learned. The Raptors and Hornets have also expressed interest in trading for Holmes, as The Athletic recently reported. – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype
Holmes doesn't shoot the 3 either so it's confusing to me because the Mavs are hell bent on KP playing the 5.

I know a lot of this is just rumors but it seems like they don't want traditional bigs because of the fit with KP.

But hell if your going to raid Sactown might as well see what they want for Holmes + Hield LOL
Old 03-23-2021, 10:14 PM   #58
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
yeah i like Gordon but he has so damn many teams interested in him. Cant see how we the Magic would like our pieces over other offers. Specially from desperate guys under pressure like Danny Ainge...

I think they are looking what they could get for JJ + minor assets and otherwise they want to see how far the actual team is able to go. The team has their flaws but they are also pretty good after all the covid crap. So zero reason to do big but marginal moves...
I'd hate to see Denver or Portland get him because that just gives each team a player that they can throw at Luka which neither team currently has on their roster.

So I'm hoping he's goes to Boston if he's traded.they

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-23-2021 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:19 PM   #59
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'd hate to see Denver or Portland get him because that just gives each team a player that they can throw at Luka which neither team currently has on their roster.

So I'm hoping he's goes to Boston if he's traded.they
I’m pretty sure I read that Gordon formally requested a trade. He’s tired of losing.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:46 PM   #60
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Indy collapsing like a flan in a cupboard

Sabonis and Brogdon being shopped
Old 03-23-2021, 11:51 PM   #61
Dallas41
Diamond Member

I didn't realize Marvin Bagley was being shopped so soon. Reports say Detroit turned down a trade for Bey

Would you guys pursue him as a Antwan Jamison type of 6th man?

Dallas Mavericks: Why the Mavs should buy low on Marvin Bagley III
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2021/03/...rvin-bagley/3/

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-23-2021 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:48 AM   #62
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

In the final year of his contract, Lowry’s chances of leaving Toronto in a trade are gaining traction. Powell’s future has become far less about whether he’ll be moved, but which among a dozen or so suitors will acquire him. – via Adrian Wojnarowski @ ESPN

Norman Powell would be a great addition, but I don't think the Mavs will be able to put together a competitive package. But I'd go for a Powell for Powell trade .

Last edited by purplefrog; 03-24-2021 at 06:16 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:46 AM   #63
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Lowry wants 2/50 wherever he goes.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:59 AM   #64
Dolencd

Dolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to all

I was having a feeling the entire deadline that Dallas are getting as usual. Jack sh1t.
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:28 AM   #65
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If Indy is blowing it up, they could do worse than Brogdon for James Johnson, Brunson, and Green OR a pick.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #66
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

28 hours
Old 03-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #67
Dallas41
Diamond Member

If this is the best we can do pull the trigger. I've spoke of a healthy Fournier being better than THJ because he's a more well rounded player mainly as a ball handler and passer.

Evan Fournier, Orlando Magic. He's having a fine year (19.1 points) when healthy ... but the groin problem has caused him to miss almost half of Orlando's games. But this would be a move for now (Dallas is already talking about taking on Fournier at $17 million in this final year of his contract in exchange for James Johnson’s expiring $15.9 million contract and two second-rounders) ... and for later, as the idea would be to re-sign Fournier in the summer.

Andre Drummond, Cleveland Cavaliers. I know, I know. You hate the idea. But I've tried to explain that the Mavs don't hate it as much as you do, and they are in discussions with the Cavs for the 27-year-old "relic'' who gives you 17 points and 14 rebounds per game.

The Mavericks are too poor at rebounding to thumb their noses at this idea. Yes, he's got a $28 million contract. But it's expiring, and it's no more troublesome than James Johnson's contract, and regarding "fit''? If Drummond can eventually "fit'' on another contender via buyout, he can "fit'' here.

Domantas Sabonis, Indiana Pacers. This is going to seem odd to Mavs fans who haven't seen much of the 6-11 two-time All-Star, but he's averaging 20/11/6. I mean, he's kind of "The Unicorn,'' you know?

(Sidebar: It so happens that Mavs coach Rick Carlisle is a fan of Myles Turner as well. So the Pacers are a team to watch here.)

Aaron Gordon, Orlando Magic. His numbers are good (14.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists) and he can play defense. And maybe he knows that he's not long for Orlando, as our guys wonder if he's "checked out.'' The Mavericks have always liked Gordon, who is repped by the same agent, Bill Duffy, as Luka. ... so more "Luka-friendly.''

But this one would be pricy. Probably too pricy.

Buddy Hield, Sacramento Kings. Well, if Sacto is having a fire sale, Dallas should probably try this one, too. Hield (17 points per) can shoot and create from the perimeter, has an attractive long-term contract, and has long made noises of dissatisfaction with his Kings role.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

26 hours
Old 03-24-2021, 02:47 PM   #69
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Phoenix surpassed Dallas because they were willing to make bold moves and aggressively go after a game changer.

Dallas IMO could jump up into WC contender status if they added Gordon. I think he's the missing piece this team needs to compete right away.

Dude just does so many things that Dallas is missing on the current roster and he allows so much more flexibility with the lineups playing either big or small.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #70
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

23 hours
Old 03-24-2021, 04:52 PM   #71
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Based on what?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #72
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

21 hours
Old 03-24-2021, 05:30 PM   #73
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Gordon is one of my favorites. He's been on my radar for a few years. Imagine if you would that the Mavs actually went after Vuc as a free agent, landed him, and followed that up with adding Gordon to the roster. Heck, I could almost stomach Carlisle remaining as coach with that scenario. ;-)

Last edited by turin; 03-24-2021 at 05:34 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:31 PM   #74
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Based on what?
Agree. We all know Powell isn't going anywhere. He's an all-time great, HoF caliber teammate doncha know?

Last edited by turin; 03-24-2021 at 05:32 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:22 PM   #75
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Based on what?
I'm just basing my opinion on things I've read from the from the Front Office and how they feel about Powell.

Sure he could be traded but I think it will take a star player for it to happen and his contract would be needed as part of the salary match.

"He’s one of my all-time favorite players because of the approach, because of the consistency, because of the love of competition, because of his love of being a great teammate,” Rick Carlisle told Dwain Price of Mavs.com

That love extends all the way up to the front office and ownership. “People don’t realize, Dwight Powell is the ultimate, consummate team player,” Mark Cuban told Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News. “No ifs, ands or butts. Dwight Powell you could say is the heart and soul of this team. He does everything it takes to win and nothing for his personal stats. Nothing.”
Old 03-24-2021, 06:53 PM   #76
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Sounds like Gordon doesn't want any part of Boston LOL

NBA trade deadline: Aaron Gordon reconsidering request to leave Magic, per report, as Celtics seek deal
Old 03-24-2021, 06:58 PM   #77
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Sounds like Gordon doesn't want any part of Boston LOL

NBA trade deadline: Aaron Gordon reconsidering request to leave Magic, per report, as Celtics seek deal
Kinda surprising to me. Boston is a young team on the rise it seems. 2 young All Stars, one of the top coaches in the league, and they are a big market. I guess I don’t know what Gordon is looking for on his next team.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #78
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kinda surprising to me. Boston is a young team on the rise it seems. 2 young All Stars, one of the top coaches in the league, and they are a big market. I guess I don’t know what Gordon is looking for on his next team.
May be that he doesn’t want to be the 4th option. Or 4b with Smart. That’s assuming Kemba or Smart aren’t headed out.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:05 PM   #79
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think that if a team would simply take Dwight Powell off our hands right now for nothing in return we would do it, no questions asked. At least I hope that’s the case. If not they are incompetent and or insane. Another 11m in cap space for this summer would be great.

Last edited by mac222b; 03-24-2021 at 07:05 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:46 PM   #80
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think that if a team would simply take Dwight Powell off our hands right now for nothing in return we would do it, no questions asked. At least I hope that’s the case. If not they are incompetent and or insane. Another 11m in cap space for this summer would be great.
And it would be good for both the team and Powell.

Seems like Rick has moved on. He went out of the rotation and now he may be getting some burn to show him off prior to the deadline.