Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #161
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well I got excited with the one before that (hunting party?) because they found the others, and crazy looking bearded guy said "make a fire, we need to talk." So that was sounding like it was 'answer time' right? nope.

Instead, Jack stands there and is all bitchy and mutinous and it seemed like bearded guy was ready to be pretty reasonable, and maybe if Jack had said, "hey cool dude, whatever you want, we'll just chill over on this side. OH BY THE WAY, who are you? and how did you get here?"

But Noooooo. Everyone's gotta be all crabby and now I still don't know a damned thing.

The only thing interesting I got out of it was when he looked right and Locke and said something about opening doors they shouldn't be opening. Are they spying on them 24/7? Will there be another spy somehow?

It should be noted, that I do not care where Michael is. I'm also starting to kind of dislike Kate.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #162
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Fire+Water (the Charlie baby saving episode) was the worst episode of Lost ever so far.... and that's saying something seeing as the first 6 episodes of Season 3 had me considering quitting.
I beg to differ, sir. There's a Jack episode in Season 3 that just destroys any and all bad Lost episodes.

There is no competition.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #163
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

flaco.... I am here to tell you that your frustration over characters not asking the right questions won't go away anytime soon.

Obviously that's on purpose.... but if I were on that Island I'd either be dead quicker or find out the answers faster.

And some of the things you have brought up in this thread you will get "closure" ("closure" meaning Lost closure) on this year (Season 2). perhaps. or perhaps not. I suggest you just keep on watching.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #164
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ah, flaco, you are so very close to becoming an official "LOSTIE". only after you endure 3 seasons of "why doesn't anyone tell anyone anything or ask anoyone anything" will you truly be one of us.

LOST has this weird thing going. I won't miss any episode because it's the best show on TV, but I'll bitch about it sometimes like it's the worst show on TV.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #165
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Lost = love/hate relationship

that's for sure

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #166
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

fell a bit off the edge of the world this week....just made it through episode 6 of season 2...

...you know, the one with the thing that happens at the end.

a bit of a surprise, and I gotta say I wasn't all that bothered by it.

what episode are you watching these days, flac?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #167
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I will be watching episode 13, "The Long Con" tonight.

Incidentally my wife has now caught up to me as well, and is feeling similar feelings about season 2.

I imagine we will watch 2 or 3 tonight after we go out for dinner, bc that's how exciting a mid-summer friday night is!

ALEX!!! I didn't realize you were a little behind, don't read a bunch of the above posts on this page.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #168
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

episode 13??? man, I am way behind....

so I guess it's not exactly news to you that the skinny chick got shot by the mexican girl....i'd still have relations with her, tho....

....the mexican chick, not the (presumably) dead girl.

i like 'em kind of feisty like that.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #169
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

**** SPOILER WARNING ALEX*****

Ok halfway through "Live together, die alone"

WTF?

There are so many questions that could be asked about:

Why all the hatches?
Why do the others pretend to be hillbillies?
Desmonds back? with a phcking sail boat?
Does the button matter or doesn't it?
What the hell was that map on the blast door?
Why is michael such a bastard?

but I can live with that. I expect this sort of winding never ending road.

No, the one that REALLY just got me to pull over and stop the car is: what in the bloody hell is that foot of a statue with 4 toes? And how freaking big was it when it was whole?

in short, WTF?

I watch on.....
Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #170
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
**** SPOILER WARNING ALEX*****

Ok halfway through "Live together, die alone"

WTF?

There are so many questions that could be asked about:

Why all the hatches?
Why do the others pretend to be hillbillies?
Desmonds back? with a phcking sail boat?
Does the button matter or doesn't it?
What the hell was that map on the blast door?
Why is michael such a bastard?

but I can live with that. I expect this sort of winding never ending road.

No, the one that REALLY just got me to pull over and stop the car is: what in the bloody hell is that foot of a statue with 4 toes? And how freaking big was it when it was whole?

in short, WTF?

I watch on.....
Giggle..... ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! GIGGLE. Capital G-I-G-G-L-E!!!!

On a completely unrelated note..... I can't wait for you to see Episode 6 of Season 3.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #171
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

WHAT?????

WTF WAS THAT LAST SCENE???

grrrr.....
Old 07-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #172
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
WHAT?????

WTF WAS THAT LAST SCENE???

grrrr.....
That last scene was what made Season 2 go from a bit blah to unbelievably frustrating (in a good way, now that I look back on it). I've made no secret that the next 6 episodes are going to test your mettle as a Lost fan, but at least there are some fun reveals along the way (and a really fun bit in episode 6 - not a reveal but you will know what I'm talking about when you see it). And the 16 episodes that follow it are awesome.

So, you are now in a wait mode until the DVD's come out? If it's like prior years it will be out in September.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 07-06-2007 at 07:14 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #173
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I will certainly purchase the DVD when it comes out.

But I think you know, there are some less reputable ways to watch season 3. And I don't think I'm going to make it to september, or later.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #174
alexamenos
Diamond Member

i'm gonna have to start a re-rediscover lost thread if I don't catch up pretty soon.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #175
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I can't find the "execute" button on my keyboard....
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #176
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I can't find the "execute" button on my keyboard....
speaking of which... There was a Yahoo widget that they used to have that was the countdown clock, 108 minutes.... you could set it to do several things.... my favorite was that if the clock wound down to 4 minutes left a little computer window would come up and you had to enter the numbers... if you didn't you could have it do nothing and restart the countdown OR, my favorite was it would shut down your computer.

I'd sometimes forget I had it running, then come back from a long meeting or a lunch break and have to boot up my machine.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #177
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So judging from how far that door flew (which SHOULD indicate that certain other people are dead or dying) I'm guessing that the Swan is not really important anymore so far as the 'the button' goes.

I don't know much about electromagnetism but...that was weird.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #178
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So judging from how far that door flew (which SHOULD indicate that certain other people are dead or dying) I'm guessing that the Swan is not really important anymore so far as the 'the button' goes.

I don't know much about electromagnetism but...that was weird.
very weird.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #179
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

So I was re-watching some episodes...in Episode 5 of Season 3, the Eko episode...is it just me, or does Kid Eko look just like Kevin Durant (except a version that COULD bench 185)? And doesn't his brother look just like Brevin Knight? I'm just sayin'.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #180
alexamenos
Diamond Member

man, just finished the episode where Michael comes back -- I knew that guy was just a friggin' twit.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #181
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
man, just finished the episode where Michael comes back -- I knew that guy was just a friggin' twit.
Keep watching. He gets even twit...ier

I hate that guy
Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #182
alexamenos
Diamond Member

yeah....i'm guessing The Others were blackmailing him to get Henry back, but still....did he really have to shoot two women? Couldn't he have just pointed a gun at the latino girl and said, "let henry go."

and why Libby? I was looking forward to her backstory on why she was in the nervous hospital with Hugo.

I guess it wouldn't have bothered me so much if he had shot Rose and Bernard -- those two are really boring me.

anyhoo...yeah, Mickey's a twit....
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #183
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

he had to shoot them because they got DUIs.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #184
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
yeah....i'm guessing The Others were blackmailing him to get Henry back, but still....did he really have to shoot two women? Couldn't he have just pointed a gun at the latino girl and said, "let henry go."
Keep watching, this might or might not be answered.
Quote:
and why Libby? I was looking forward to her backstory on why she was in the nervous hospital with Hugo.
True. But with this show, even in death a backstory can be finished through the flashbacks of others..... since they all seem so intertwined.
Quote:
I guess it wouldn't have bothered me so much if he had shot Rose and Bernard -- those two are really boring me.

anyhoo...yeah, Mickey's a twit....
And Walt kicks butt. What a waste of a father.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #185
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

u2 is stil alive! I didn't realize!

and I don't know if Walt kick butt....I always kind of thought he was annoying.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #186
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
u2 is stil alive! I didn't realize!

and I don't know if Walt kick butt....I always kind of thought he was annoying.
Yeah... I've been ignoring the net mostly so I don't get HP spoiled.

And on your last comment, how far into S3 are you?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #187
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok u2.....Confession time:

I watched season 3 of LOST like a fat kid eats a piece of cake.

I'm done with all of it, all the way through. Sorry Alex.

I have much desire to discuss it, but I have been reading the season 3 thread and that has calmed me some. But right now I'm up to my neck in HP lore.

I'll just say for today, that this show is so freaking awesome.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #188
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok u2.....Confession time:

I'm done with all of it, all the way through. Sorry Alex.

I have much desire to discuss it, but I have been reading the season 3 thread and that has calmed me some. But right now I'm up to my neck in HP lore.

I'll just say for today, that this show is so freaking awesome.
YES. Another full bore Lost convert.

I wish to discuss your views on certain characters now. Feel free to post your thoughts in the season 3 thread. Alex will know not to read there until he'd one.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-23-2007 at 12:36 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #189
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
you've already watched season 3???? Netflix shows that Season 3 hasn't been released...can I obtain a copy at my local best buy, or something like that?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:56 PM   #190
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Needless to say, it was obtained through less than reputable means
Old 07-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #191
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Needless to say, it was obtained through less than reputable means
did you have to dress up like a girl?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #192
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I didn't need to, but it sure helped
Old 07-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #193
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

EL.....

Where did this come from?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #194
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
EL.....

Where did this come from?
Season 2..... the building in the Orientation film with the swan logo on top of it.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:46 PM   #195
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It just looked too clean to me, to be made from a screen shot of the show
Old 07-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #196
alexamenos
Diamond Member

geez.....season 3 doesn't get released until mid-december....

that's five months........

flac, I may need to borrow your dress, 'k?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #197
alexamenos
Diamond Member

***Season 2 Spoiler Alerts - Don't Read if you ain't through Season 2****

finally finished season two, and herefollows some random and utterly worthless musings........

1. Ana Lucia and Libby??? WTF????? Libby, in particular, seemed pretty fertile ground for future episodes. I was really surprised and disappointed to see both get taken down by the King of All Twits. Also, Eko and John Locke??? WTF????? They're both great characters....geez, kill Michael or Rose and Bernard, but not Locke and Eko. I hope they miraculously escaped the hatch before it 'sploded....

2. Watch closely the scene in the finale where Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer are on the dock with bags over their head....there's some nice girl-on-girl action (involving Kate!) in that scene.

3. Desmond's full name is Desmond David Hume. David Hume was an 18th century political philosopher from Scotland who was an *empiricist* and a key western enlightenment figure. David Hume's counterpart from England was (drum roll please) John Locke.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #198
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Jean-Jacques Rousseau
David Hume (season 2)
John Locke
Jeremy Bentham (season 4)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-02-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #199
alexamenos
Diamond Member

of course, rousseau! never occured to me....
Old 08-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #200
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

John Locke-- human beings are born a blank slate and individuals are a continuity of consciousness

David Hume-- explored the idea of causation as seen by man. Explored free will. "miracles are violations of the laws of nature and consequently have a very low probability of occurring"

Rousseau-- the idea of humans as the noble savage- a creature that outside civilization is neither good nor evil but just an animal preoccupied with self-preservation.

Jeremy Bentham-- Argued for modern liberalism/libertarianism.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do. On the one hand the standard of right and wrong, on the other the chain of causes and effects, are fastened to their throne. They govern us in all we do, in all we say, in all we think..."

came up with the idea of the prison that uses "omniscience" as a way of gaining control (my signature is a panopticon prison), by allowing guards to constantly see all prisoners, so the prisoners are always aware that they may be being watched.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-02-2007 at 01:18 PM.