Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #1
GlowerPower
Banned

GlowerPower is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
We are so thin on assets, I wouldn't trade for him. If we have interest sign him in the off season. Even a 2nd rounder to us is useful considering we are likely picking at the top of the 2nd. Maybe a future 2nd though.
Mario has more potential than a 2nd round pick, IMO. Guy is in the doghouse in Orlando (though he's looked good this year when he plays). Has right combo of shooting, size, playmaking, to be a good SF. Maybe a Gallinari ceiling.
GlowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowerPower View Post
Mario has more potential than a 2nd round pick, IMO. Guy is in the doghouse in Orlando (though he's looked good this year when he plays). Has right combo of shooting, size, playmaking, to be a good SF. Maybe a Gallinari ceiling.
I mostly agree, I just think you could potentially have both. I'd prolly trade a 2nd for him just not this years, unless it was protected for 31-35 for example. I'm reluctant to give up this year's 2nd since I'm pretty sure it will be in the top 5, there always seems to be guys in that range that are great value picks. Beyond that it's mostly a crapshoot so I wouldn't care as much. We seem to be doing a good job getting undrafted talent better than a lot of mid-late 2nd's anyway. The Magic had interest in DFS last year according to that leaked photo IIRC. I'd give them dodo in a heartbeat for the upside of Mario. If it took dodo and a shitty future 2nd I'd do that too.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Mario is only 22 and has plenty of potential. He will def. get picked up in free agency. Seeing how we have started, its obvious we aren't going anywhere while Orlando is actually playing decent ball. I wonder if they would be willing to take some of our bad contracts (Matthews and Powell).

Last edited by AO41; 11-07-2017 at 10:05 AM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote