Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-22-2016, 03:58 AM   #1
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
Lee was supposed to be a 20/10 Player for Boston. Most Experts predicted 18-20 PPG and 8-10 RPG.
This shows you how seriously the experts should be taken.

Quote:
Sometimes it just doesnt work out. Lets look at Rondo who is putting up Elite Numbers and is even hitting his Free Throws. He looked horrible here and is now putting up monster stats in SAC this season.
Why people still make Kevin Love arguments is beyond me. First of all, I don't think Rondo was that bad as a Maverick, barring his turnovers, behavior and fit. Putting up big numbers on a bad team is nothing special. He is heavily ball dominant, obviously he's going to get a lot of assists, and he goes for rebounds. Kings are still way out of playoff race even though they have better talent than Kevin Love had in Minnesota. This is while they are sitting in a tank division of Suns and Lakers.

Quote:
Im not saying it happens with Lee but playing in a flow offense with unselfish players like the Mavs have , could have a positive impact on his game.

Also Lee is 32 which means he will likely want to play another 3-4 years in the league.
I do not think Mavs should be thinking about having positive impact on any player's game. Mavs should look to improve the team by filling some needs. What kind of need does David Lee fill? We already have a center that doesn't block shots, and I seriously doubt Rick is going to give Lee more minutes at 4 than 5. Be ready to see CV and Lee on court at the same time.

I'm not against having David Lee in Dallas. Actually, I will try to get back on watching live games now that there is something to watch other than inconsistent effort. I don't get why people are arguing about Lee because it won't matter much if he's going to be a bust or not. Him wanting to stay in the league doesn't mean much, look at Amar'e last season. Question is more about who fills the need that Mavs have? There is no player available that fits that bill, so the Mavs go after best player available. It may be possible that Lee will reduce Dirk's minutes but his shooting touch has to be on par then.

I do think a valid argument was made about dumping Jenkins and Rick keeping young guns in the doghouse. It's the only thing in my view what separates him from Popovich. That said, releasing Jenkins was most logical thing to do.

Last edited by Thebo; 02-22-2016 at 03:58 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:19 AM   #2
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
This shows you how seriously the experts should be taken.

Why people still make Kevin Love arguments is beyond me. First of all, I don't think Rondo was that bad as a Maverick, barring his turnovers, behavior and fit. Putting up big numbers on a bad team is nothing special. He is heavily ball dominant, obviously he's going to get a lot of assists, and he goes for rebounds. Kings are still way out of playoff race even though they have better talent than Kevin Love had in Minnesota. This is while they are sitting in a tank division of Suns and Lakers.

I do not think Mavs should be thinking about having positive impact on any player's game. Mavs should look to improve the team by filling some needs. What kind of need does David Lee fill? We already have a center that doesn't block shots, and I seriously doubt Rick is going to give Lee more minutes at 4 than 5. Be ready to see CV and Lee on court at the same time.

I'm not against having David Lee in Dallas. Actually, I will try to get back on watching live games now that there is something to watch other than inconsistent effort. I don't get why people are arguing about Lee because it won't matter much if he's going to be a bust or not. Him wanting to stay in the league doesn't mean much, look at Amar'e last season. Question is more about who fills the need that Mavs have? There is no player available that fits that bill, so the Mavs go after best player available. It may be possible that Lee will reduce Dirk's minutes but his shooting touch has to be on par then.

I do think a valid argument was made about dumping Jenkins and Rick keeping young guns in the doghouse. It's the only thing in my view what separates him from Popovich. That said, releasing Jenkins was most logical thing to do.
Like i said it doesnt matter. He cant do this Team further damage. Hes not a Locker Room Cancer and atleast has delivered in the past.

Even if he turns out to be a bust like he did with the C's he will just move down the bench and be gone in the Summer.

We had the Room Exception anyway so why not use it for a Player that atleast give you some Boards and some inside scoring?

Of course it would have been nice to find another Hassan Whiteside for bargain but that aint happen often.

Mavs need some Frontcourt Help and he was probably BPA. So at worst this is a leteral move.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'

Last edited by GermanStandard; 02-22-2016 at 04:21 AM.
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote