Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #841
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

God you are a freaking drama queen. Start crying when our draft position is set in stone but not now allready.

You was sure we win against the Bulls the other night too, huh?

Last edited by sefant77; 03-05-2018 at 09:33 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #842
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I sincerely doubt that Dallas takes Knox at 7 if Young is still on the board.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #843
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post

Take a look at Memphis. They're on a 13 game losing streak, and it's no accident. They're damn near re-writing the book on tanking. If they wind up with Ayton, it'll all have been worth it too.
Outside Gasol, Conley and Evans, their entire roster is garbage. Absolut garbage. Conley is injuried and thats not their fault. Regarding Evans, they benched him because they thought they are trading him for sure. Bizarre situation but even WITH Evans this roster is still crap.

If Gasol gets a lame ass D2D "sore blablabla" injury, then you can start to talk shit about them.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #844
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Outside Gasol, Conley and Evans, their entire roster is garbage. Absolut garbage. Conley is injuried and thats not their fault. Regarding Evans, they benched him because they thought they are trading him for sure. Bizarre situation but even WITH Evans this roster is still crap.

If Gasol gets a lame ass D2D "sore blablabla" injury, then you can start to talk shit about them.
I'm saying that Conley Jr was reported to be on his way back at the All Star break & then all of the sudden, he has surgery & he's out for the season. Name me another player who missed the season because of a bone spur? A bone spur? I hear those are painful, but most players play through them & address it in the offseason.

Evans MRI on his right rib revealed only slight cartilage damage, and originally head coach J.B. Bickerstaff said he didn't anticipate it to be "a long absence" He's missed 6 games & counting, and his status has switched from day-to-day to out indefinitely. Doesn't jive with the MRI results.

"If Gasol gets a lame ass D2D "sore blablabla" injury, then you can start to talk shit about them"

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! First of all, since when does listing facts constitute talking shit about someone???

Secondly, did you read the part where I said:

Quote:
Call it a coincidence if you want to, but they see the Lakers beat a banged up Spurs team and an hour later it comes out that Marc Gasol is questionable for Monday's game with San Antonio with a "left ankle" injury, when he sat out Saturday night's game due to "rest"
The Grizzlies last game & tonight's game is literally exactly what you said, and the news has been out there for a day. I don't understand what you're talking about.

Friday, Memphis announces Gasol will sit out Saturday due to rest. He's sitting out the second night of a back-to-back, just like he did the last time Memphis had a B2B, and just like he will next Saturday vs the Mavs with Memphis' next B2B. Then, after the Lakers beat the Spurs (the Grizzlies opponent tonight), Gasol goes from sitting out due to "rest" to being listed as questionable with a "left ankle" injury, which today the injury report has been updated to a "left ankle" and a "right quad" injury. There ya go. Anything seem suspicious about that? I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that Gasol plays Friday vs the Jazz.

Memphis has had players miss a total of 38 games during their 13 game losing streak due to "illness" "injury" and "rest". I don't know NBA injury rates, but that seems sky high. Roughly 3 injured players per game. No way that's normal. Not to mention, they traded James Ennis III at the deadline.

And, pardon my French here, but what kind of dumbass response is "they suck anyways". Seriously, you can just eyeball Memphis' roster, I'd bet my life that you hadn't bothered to open one Memphis box score or read one Memphis injury report, and suddenly you're an expert on their tanking & can write it off as simply "they suck anyways". I mean, does their owner have to go on Dr J's podcast and declare they're tanking for you to pick up on the obvious signs?

That's my biggest problem with folks on this site. I can spend literally a half hour researching FACTS & you can just eyeball it & give off a dumbass response like "they suck anyways" and walk away thinking you're right. If you are right, then why have the Mavs won 3 of their last 13 games? Because they suck too.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 03-05-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #845
sefant77
Guru

Sorry, you have a really annoying way to type and argue... i just dont want to discuss anything with you.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:18 AM   #846
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
God you are a freaking drama queen. Start crying when our draft position is set in stone but not now allready.

You was sure we win against the Bulls the other night too, huh?
I was a professional sports bettor. I made a living last year predicting outcomes. I don't need to wait til the results come in to have an idea which way the wind is blowing.

Betting isn't a world of absolutes. It's a world of probabilities. You wanna bet your mortgage on every bottom-feeding team going on a 28-9 run in the final 10 min to beat the Mavs?

That's seriously your argument. No other tanking team is playing the vets 97+% of the time. Just the Mavs. We play Utah close in Utah. We beat Indiana. We take OKC to overtime & lose by 1 when a last second shot doesn't fall. We're up by 11 in the 4th vs Chicago & they basically have to not miss the rest of the game to beat us.

And you're willing to talk smack like the Mavs are going to continue to lose?

Here's a tip: do not bet on sports. You couldn't see a trend coming if the results were spray-painted on your car.

And take this to the bank: We're going 3-5 or better over the next 8 and it's going to fuck us on having a top 5 pick. It will happen.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #847
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, you have a really annoying way to type and argue... i just dont want to discuss anything with you.
I get it facts are annoying when you just wanna take a half-ass glance at something & spew forth an opinion you didn't put any thought into.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #848
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I sincerely doubt that Dallas takes Knox at 7 if Young is still on the board.
Yeah, Knox is just an example of NOT Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, or Bamba. Hell, we might take Mikal Bridges who I like, or even Lonnie Walker, but they're not those top 3/4 players.

Also, the Mavs have missed on a lot of draft picks. DSJ failing to us last year at 9 was a gift from God above, and to be honest, I'd rather have Josh Jackson. So drafting up high increases the odds the Mavs don't miss on this crucial pick.

But, yeah who knows. I'll just be super sad when I see Ayton go to Memphis & know the Mavs could of had them if they had been smart about tanking like Memphis has been. Whoever they take at 6, 7, 8 or 9 won't be Ayton or Doncic or JJJ.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #849
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude I liked it better when you were in self-imposed exile. I just can’t take another ten paragraphs about how Memphis is tanking better than us. You have good points but good God man, you have to learn when the horse is dead. Feel free to enjoy us eating our crow if you’re right. Be prepared to eat yours if you’re wrong. Either way no one is going to take you seriously as long as you advocate for things like firing RC and for JJB to get injured. Things like that make you come off worse than a fair-weather fan.

PS Grizz are blatantly tanking and it’s likely cost them their relationships with Gasol and Conley. Sorry but IMO no player, not even generational ones, are worth sacrificing the organization’s relationship with Dirk/ RC. Mavs will continue to play hard and may the dice land where they shall.

Last edited by tap2390; 03-05-2018 at 11:40 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #850
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Dude I liked it better when you were in self-imposed exile. I just can’t take another ten paragraphs about how Memphis is tanking better than us. You have good points but good God man, you have to learn when the horse is dead. Feel free to enjoy us eating our crow if you’re right. Be prepared to eat yours if you’re wrong. Either way no one is going to take you seriously as long as you advocate for things like firing RC and for JJB to get injured. Things like that make you come off worse than a fair-weather fan.

PS Grizz are blatantly tanking and it’s likely cost them their relationships with Gasol and Conley. Sorry but IMO no player, not even generational ones, are worth sacrificing the organization’s relationship with Dirk/ RC.
I wasn't in self-imposed exile. I just got tired of spending a lot of time putting together a well-research post and having some dumbass reply with some hokey emotional, anecdotal reply when they haven't even bothered to open a box score & take a look.

What do I get out of this forum? I enjoy a few of the posters. A few I find just as annoying as they find me.

Edit: THIS is why I post what I post. It's freaking maddening. Every excuse in the book is given why not tanking is okay, but every single one of them is seriously flawed. A) It's pure speculation that Conley Jr & Gasol have damaged relationships with the FO over this. In fact, Gasol was rumored to have poor relations with Memphis FO before they went into tank mode. and B) If anything having DeAndre Ayton show up on the roster next year is more likely to keep them around. But, Memphis is unlikely to be able to afford Gasol when he becomes a FA & why would they want to spend a max deal on a mid 30s center, anyways? It was time to move on. It's time for the Mavs to move on. Yeah, DeAndre Ayton and Luka Doncic and JJJ are all more valuable than Rick Carlisle. You bet your ass they are. Anything else is dreaming. It's a players league. I guess when Kawhi leaves San Antonio in the summer & the Spurs miss the playoffs next year, folks may start to understand that.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 03-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #851
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

You guys win, though. I'm out & for good this time.

I honestly don't want to chat with a bunch of fans who'd rather have Rick Carlisle than DeAndre Ayton, Luka Doncic, or Jaren Jackson Jr. Who think Mark Cuban is a dumbass. Who'd rather have Devin Harris than Doug McDermott and a 2nd round pick. Who'd rather have the Mavs win a meaningless game that costs them draft position than risk hurting JJ Barea's feelings. And who above all don't bother to read what I wrote before they declare it stupid & wrong.

Write this down, though. The Mavs will not finish with a top 5 draft pick; unless they get very lucky with the lottery drawing. Rick Carlisle is going to coach them right into a draft pick in the 6 thru 9 range & right out of selecting an impact player. The ramifications of missing out on a top 5 draft pick in one of the most top heavy drafts in recent history, will be exactly like the teams in 2003 who missed out on a top 5 draft pick. Chicago was one of those teams. They sucked for the next 5 years, until 2008 when they drafted #1 overall. Seattle was another one of those teams. They sucked for the next 4 years until they had the #2 overall pick in 2007. The Clippers drafted 6th, missed out on Wade by one spot. They sucked until 2009 when they drafted Blake #1 & he missed his first year with injury. That's 7 years of sucking. Which Milwaukee did them one better, then sucked for a decade until they hit on a miracle in 2013.

Get ready for a bumpy ride when the Mavs miss out on the generational talent at the top of this draft. Every year the Mavs miss the playoffs from here on out, think of your ol buddy Magnum & think about how incredibly assine & stupid these meaningless wins vs SAC, LAL, IND, MEM, NYK, etc were & how incredibly pointless Carlisle's pissing match was with Cuban. Hell, he might get tired of all the upcoming losing & resign.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #852
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You guys win, though. I'm out & for good this time.

I honestly don't want to chat with a bunch of fans who'd rather have Rick Carlisle than DeAndre Ayton, Luka Doncic, or Jaren Jackson Jr. Who think Mark Cuban is a dumbass. Who'd rather have Devin Harris than Doug McDermott and a 2nd round pick. Who'd rather have the Mavs win a meaningless game that costs them draft position than risk hurting JJ Barea's feelings. And who above all don't bother to read what I wrote before they declare it stupid & wrong.

Write this down, though. The Mavs will not finish with a top 5 draft pick; unless they get very lucky with the lottery drawing. Rick Carlisle is going to coach them right into a draft pick in the 6 thru 9 range & right out of selecting an impact player. The ramifications of missing out on a top 5 draft pick in one of the most top heavy drafts in recent history, will be exactly like the teams in 2003 who missed out on a top 5 draft pick. Chicago was one of those teams. They sucked for the next 5 years, until 2008 when they drafted #1 overall. Seattle was another one of those teams. They sucked for the next 4 years until they had the #2 overall pick in 2007. The Clippers drafted 6th, missed out on Wade by one spot. They sucked until 2009 when they drafted Blake #1 & he missed his first year with injury. That's 7 years of sucking. Which Milwaukee did them one better, then sucked for a decade until they hit on a miracle in 2013.

Get ready for a bumpy ride when the Mavs miss out on the generational talent at the top of this draft. Every year the Mavs miss the playoffs from here on out, think of your ol buddy Magnum & think about how incredibly assine & stupid these meaningless wins vs SAC, LAL, IND, MEM, NYK, etc were & how incredibly pointless Carlisle's pissing match was with Cuban. Hell, he might get tired of all the upcoming losing & resign.
Memphis is for sure tanking. Having a top 3 pick will go a LONG way to appeasing Gasol and Conley(even though they may trade both anyway. if they even can, in Conley's case).

I think RC is a great, but flawed coach. Whoever we draft will likely be here longer than he is, so I see your argument for player over coach. Cant see RC here for more than a few more years. Dirk is retiring after next season. His daughter will be off to college in a few years. He'll either get a plum job coaching a championship contender or a plum job with ESPN. Unless we land a generational player in this draft to go along with DSJ.

Mark Cuban is a dumbass.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #853
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also not encouraged by our "tanking" efforts. Fear we wind up in the 6,7,8 range. If we draft Kevin Knox I'll break JJb's legs, personally. Just cuz. Would like to see more of the young guys, Motley especially. Sit Barnes and JJB. Sigh...
Old 03-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #854
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

"You know what your problem is Barton....YOU DON'T LISTEN" -Barton Fink

Now for the rest of the who actually do listen...there are 9 teams that are 2-3 games apart in the tanking standings. So fine, Mavs aren't tanking like Memphis, but neither are the 8 other teams. The fact that we're only a game off from them in the let's be terrible party is, to me, more encouraging than discouraging.

And if the Mavs aren't purposely tanking, then it's because MARK CUBAN not RICK CARLISLE said that Mavs were doing it on purpose. When you have the commish keeping a watchful on on you after fining you 600k, then you have to make it seem like you are trying hard to win. That is 100% on Cuban.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #855
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I feel like I'm watching a Lifetime movie.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #856
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree the Cuban’s comments are a huge reason why we can’t just roll out a bunch of 10 day contract guys.

Watching the Hawks and Kings both win on buzzer beaters is pretty revealing. The players don’t give a f*ck what DeAndre Ayton is doing. They are in it to win it. Now bear in mind our greatest player and face of our franchise and reason we have a championship is still on the roster and tell me with a straight face that rotating fake injuries among our vets is the way to go.

Finally, our rookie leads all rookies in usage rate. Our 25-year-old #1 option leads us in scoring and minutes. Yogi is fourth in minutes played. McDermott, Powell, Kleber, and Noel have all received and/or currently receive heavy minutes. We are developing the guys we need to develop. Yeah it’s frustrating to see Barea and Wes tear it up, but what young guy on our squad is not being developed well enough due to their minutes? Not a single one.

Given our loss margin and clutch stats we’re lucky to even be in the position we’re in. Every year there’s someone picking 6, 7, and 8, if it’s us this year, so be it.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #857
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post

Watching the Hawks and Kings both win on buzzer beaters is pretty revealing. The players don’t give a f*ck what DeAndre Ayton is doing. They are in it to win it. Now bear in mind our greatest player and face of our franchise and reason we have a championship is still on the roster and tell me with a straight face that rotating fake injuries among our vets is the way to go.

Fun fact with the Hawks: The players on the court dont give a fuck what the FO or even the coach obvious wants. Bazemore was a healthy scratch. Played Collins just 22min. Schröder played three quarters well and doesnt play at all in the 4th...their coach pretty much tried to threw the game and zing, they win it at the buzzer
Old 03-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #858
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Fun fact with the Hawks: The players on the court dont give a fuck what the FO or even the coach obvious wants. Bazemore was a healthy scratch. Played Collins just 22min. Schröder played three quarters well and doesnt play at all in the 4th...their coach pretty much tried to threw the game and zing, they win it at the buzzer
Which is pretty solid proof that tanking isn't as easy as it seems. When a crap team plays another crap team...well...somebody has to win.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #859
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
"You know what your problem is Barton....YOU DON'T LISTEN" -Barton Fink

Now for the rest of the who actually do listen...there are 9 teams that are 2-3 games apart in the tanking standings. So fine, Mavs aren't tanking like Memphis, but neither are the 8 other teams. The fact that we're only a game off from them in the let's be terrible party is, to me, more encouraging than discouraging.

And if the Mavs aren't purposely tanking, then it's because MARK CUBAN not RICK CARLISLE said that Mavs were doing it on purpose. When you have the commish keeping a watchful on on you after fining you 600k, then you have to make it seem like you are trying hard to win. That is 100% on Cuban.
This is total B.S. all of the other 8 teams are trying to tank. Even Brooklyn who isn't trying to tank is sitting Mozgov to evaluate younger players. We're the only dumbasses not evaluating our young players in a lost season.

So you have ins with the league office & you know that Silver is making Cuban make Carlisle play all the vets... and you're posting on this forum because???

You don't know that. It's complete speculation & a narrative you conjured up because it agrees with your opinion on the subject. I don't ever remember hearing that Mark Cuban or the league office was making Mavs' lineup decisions in past years. The much more logical conclusion is that the same person whose always made lineup decisions is continuing to make them. That person is Rick Carlisle.

And if we're to take his press conferences seriously, by his own words "That's a coaching decision". Rick says he's making the calls on the lineup, but you know different. Hmmmm...
Old 03-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #860
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
So the logic is don't increase our chances to lose because sometimes you still win???

The better approach is to increase our chances to win meaningless games because failure is still possible. I mean, do you hear yourself?

If the Mavs wound up with a draft pick outside of the top 5 because they tried as hard as they could to tank, but their young guys just happened to pull out a bunch of games, then I can live with that.

Not trying to tank; I can't live with that. It's stupid.

And FFS why is everyone on this forum so God Damn defensive about not tanking?!?! Jesus H. Christ.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #861
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I feel like I'm watching a Lifetime movie.
Needs more Valerie Bertinelli black eyes.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:51 PM   #862
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@BallinWithBryan: Here is your outlook for the bottom nine for the remainder of the season. If there’s a catbird seat for futility, Memphis appears to be sitting in it.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:04 PM   #863
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is total B.S. all of the other 8 teams are trying to tank. Even Brooklyn who isn't trying to tank is sitting Mozgov to evaluate younger players. We're the only dumbasses not evaluating our young players in a lost season.

So you have ins with the league office & you know that Silver is making Cuban make Carlisle play all the vets... and you're posting on this forum because???

You don't know that. It's complete speculation & a narrative you conjured up because it agrees with your opinion on the subject. I don't ever remember hearing that Mark Cuban or the league office was making Mavs' lineup decisions in past years. The much more logical conclusion is that the same person whose always made lineup decisions is continuing to make them. That person is Rick Carlisle.

And if we're to take his press conferences seriously, by his own words "That's a coaching decision". Rick says he's making the calls on the lineup, but you know different. Hmmmm...
Gotta say you shouldn't have an issue with speculation. Your whole fire RC idea is based entirely and only on speculation that RC is giving Cuban the finger and in some sort of pissing contest.

RC isn't going to come out in a press conference and say anything of value. He's never been that guy and if he was he wouldn't be employed for not having the blame stop with him. I can't imagine a coach going to a presser and saying "oh yeah we got the decision makers all together and we decided collectively to do this, so if you don't like it, it's not on me".

Nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes. For all we know Dirk marched into Cuban's office or both he and Rick were told that he absolutely was not going out like this. Or maybe RC is giving everyone the bird. Maybe Cuban is in a bind with the league and was informed a stiffer penalty like a draft pick would be taken if they were seen obviously tanking. Maybe Parsons is blackmailing Cuban with sext message screen shots from cyberdust... we will never know. There are no facts involved with anyone here having an opinion on the tanking effort by the Mavs because there are none available.

And just to be sure I don't seem like a RC apologist, I'm not he has his warts and I've voiced them plenty over the years. I do still think he is a top 5 current coach in the NBA. He's extremely well respected. If you toss him out the door(and again the entire rc doing what he wants is speculation) you have set your organization back. You say it's for Ayton Doncic or JJJ. Now what guarantee do you have of getting one of those 3 if you toss out RC? I have only one answer, it's not 100%. So if we don't get one of those guys and you lose a top 5 coach then you have set your team back. Furthermore, history would say that not all 3 of those guys will be superstars. So getting one isn't 100% a game changer. Those coaches don't grow on trees. We could end up with a JAG coach next like gentry. hornichoke, brown, etc. So IMO the firing talk is really premature, I like 4 guys a lot in this draft, but I don't look at any of them as an ultra secure lock like Lebron or shaq. If Lebron or shaq where in this draft I'd be open to extremes. As it stands RC is an asset IMO, and you don't throw assets away for nothing. This team has done enough of that.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 03-05-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #864
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
You say it's for Ayton Doncic or JJJ. Now what guarantee do you have of getting one of those 3 if you toss out RC? I have only one answer, it's not 100%.
Chances of the worst team in the league getting the #1 overall pick: 25%
Chances of the worst team in the league getting the #4 overall pick: 35.7%

Nothing is certain with the lottery, even the if you tank as hard as you can.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-05-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #865
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

And remember BudapestMaverick telling us all what fools we were last season because we could have gotten Markelle can't shoot anymore Fultz?

We all want the number 1 pick, but I'm confident we'll get a really good player.

The Mavs are awful. I want to see the young guys play and the vets sit, but that won't fully happen until the German retires.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:04 PM   #866
sefant77
Guru

Well, this years draft is a little bit different.

Last year was deep, but without a clear Top #1 guy. This year is deep but WITH a clear #1 in Ayton. So yeah, every teams wants #1. Okay, maybe except Memphis.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #867
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So we fire Rick and lose every game under the new leadership of <insert newly appointed assistant coach's name here> and get the "top pick" worst record... and we only have a 64.3% chance that it's a top 3 pick? Yeah, no thanks.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 03-05-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #868
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Well, this years draft is a little bit different.

Last year was deep, but without a clear Top #1 guy. This year is deep but WITH a clear #1 in Ayton. So yeah, every teams wants #1. Okay, maybe except Memphis.
I agree this year's top crop is better, but Markelle Fultz was clearly set above the rest for most of the season before the draft.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #869
sefant77
Guru

And yet Boston traded down because they liked someone else even more
Old 03-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #870
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
And yet Boston traded down because they liked someone else even more
I was one of the posters here all in on Fultz, and not too high on Mitchell. Hindsight is 20/20, but it definitely humbles a sofa scout.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:41 PM   #871
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I was one of the posters here all in on Fultz, and not too high on Mitchell. Hindsight is 20/20, but it definitely humbles a sofa scout.
I was all in on Fultz too. I liked Mitchell more than frank but I didn't like him as much as say DSJ, still don't honestly time will tell.

I do think Fultz can recover. Idk what happened to that form, if someone told him he would have injury issues with it if he didn't change it but the whole reason myself and likely you and others liked Fultz was he could shoot and not just a little he was a great shooter. Game looked incredibly easy to him. Hope to see him get back to that.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM   #872
mac222b
Diamond Member

Kudos on the entirely plausible Chandler Parsons blackmail scenario Bryan Wilson. Would you rather have your reward be in +Rep or stock options in cyberdust?
Old 03-05-2018, 09:47 PM   #873
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:

Not sure if this is bumming me out or giving me hope
Old 03-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #874
Underdog

The Grizzlies just played Marc Gasol 37 minutes in a game against the Spurs that had multiple lead changes, but ended up barely slipping away from them in the end... They should totally re-hire David Fizdale so they can fire him again and show everyone how a REAL team tanks!

Last edited by Underdog; 03-05-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:56 PM   #875
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
The Grizzlies just played Marc Gasol 37 minutes in a game against the Spurs that had multiple lead changes, but ended up barely slipping away from them in the end... They should totally re-hire David Fizdale so they can fire him again and show everyone how a REAL team tanks!
WHY ARE YOU SO ANTI-TANK? I JUST DON'T GET IT!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! I NEED MY SNACK PACK LIKE YESTERDAY!!

Old 03-05-2018, 11:10 PM   #876
sefant77
Guru

Kevin Knoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooox is in da hoooouse
Old 03-06-2018, 02:53 AM   #877
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Kudos on the entirely plausible Chandler Parsons blackmail scenario Bryan Wilson. Would you rather have your reward be in +Rep or stock options in cyberdust?
The stock options! But this conversation never happened.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #878
mac222b
Diamond Member

Nice article on Mikal Bridges in the Ringer

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/3...-draft-3-and-d

could he go ahead of Bagley, Young, Bamba? Porter?

Last edited by mac222b; 03-06-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #879
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I actually love Kevin Knox' upside. I think he can be a good fit in our system.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #880
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Nice article on Mikal Bridges in the Ringer

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/3...-draft-3-and-d

could he go ahead of Bagley, Young, Bamba? Porter?
This is exactly why it's premature to freak out about the draft. Bridges could very well be this year's Tatum in the very sound but not sexy type of guy. Definitely seems like a good fit with Rick and Smith jr.