Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #1321
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Seems like Doncic is falling off hard here. I guess it makes sense from a fit perspective. I personally love his game and what he will bring to the NBA.
This draft doesn't really have a Lebron/Dirk superstar IMO. All of the top players fall just a half step below that. And all of them seem to have a similar ceiling from the tons of videos, scouting reports, games watched, etc. etc.

If the Mavs picked Doncic, then I'd support it. No way you don't know who is who in this lottery. Scouting would have done their homework.

What you really need to watch out for is who jumps up like Mitchell did last draft. That is what will truly make this draft intriguing.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #1322
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seems like Doncic is falling off hard here. I guess it makes sense from a fit perspective. I personally love his game and what he will bring to the NBA.
I've never been as high on Doncic as everyone else... These were my rankings a month ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Ayton
Porter
Jackson
Bridges
Bagley
Doncic
Bamba
Bamba recently shot up my list after seeing his much-improved jumper, but the problem with Doncic has always been his fit next to Dennis. He'll be a fine player, but the Mavs have better options when it comes to core-building. Like I said before, if they draft Doncic then they should look to trade Dennis, otherwise they're going to blow their highest draft picks in years on guys with similar skillsets (and I don't see them picking this high again any time soon).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #1323
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puaRBSDDz8c&t=28s

So this game was Bamba's masterpiece last season and the reason his ceiling is so high. He blocks Azubuike three times in his face. 280 pound Azubuike I might add.

OK so Udoka isn't the greatest offensive center of all time, but Kansas was runner up in the championship game, so this wasn't like Bamba was doing this against scrubs.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-05-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #1324
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puaRBSDDz8c&t=28s

So this game was Bamba's masterpiece last season and the reason his ceiling is so high. He blocks Azubuike three times in his face. 280 pound Azubuike I might add.

OK so Udoka isn't the greatest offensive center of all time, but Kansas was runner up in the championship game, so this wasn't like Bamba was doing this against scrubs.
I like that he doesn't put the ball on the floor around the hoop -- he just uses his length to work around guys.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #1325
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've never been as high on Doncic as everyone else... These were my rankings a month ago:

Bamba recently shot up my list after seeing his much-improved jumper, but the problem with Doncic has always been his fit next to Dennis. He'll be a fine player, but the Mavs have better options when it comes to core-building. Like I said before, if they draft Doncic then they should look to trade Dennis, otherwise they're going to blow their highest draft picks in years on guys with similar skillsets (and I don't see them picking this high again any time soon).
I'm curious why people think Doncic and DSJ would be such a terrible fit we would have to trade DSJ? I understand the concern about his possibly capped upside from athleticism, but I always counter with his elite bbiq which I believe more than off sets any concern but it's just my opinion nothing to base it on really. I think today's nba requires you to have more than one ball handler, and not just a ball handler but they better both be one of the best players on the team. The teams that have struggled the most seem to be the ones who only had one guy on the floor who can create plays and a defense can be implemented to at least force them into bad sets. If Harden and CP3 can co-exist and the trio of playmakers on the GSW's can all co-exist, and teams like the Raptors where the best player basically creates his own shot and nothing else. Then when Lowry is off the floor, and he isn't my ideal pg but when he's gone Derozan isn't creating for others, and you have a true backup pg caliber player creating for others. Offenses become stale and leads slip. A better example might be the pacers. When Oladipo was off the floor how hard was it to score? When he was on the floor all it took was sending a high double to force it out of his hands and the Pacers looked lost.

It might be recency bias and super team effect but Idk why we would have to trade DSJ if we drafted Doncic. Even if Doncic isn't drafted I can promise everyone here DSJ will play off ball next year just like this year and I'd rather that player with the ball be Doncic or in the future a starting caliber player not simply a backup pg and not a 2nd 6'0 pg at that. The only requirement to make it work is that both players become great at playing off the ball with cuts and 3pt ability. And I see no reason both shouldn't be fantastic at that?
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #1326
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm curious why people think Doncic and DSJ would be such a terrible fit we would have to trade DSJ? I understand the concern about his possibly capped upside from athleticism, but I always counter with his elite bbiq which I believe more than off sets any concern but it's just my opinion nothing to base it on really. I think today's nba requires you to have more than one ball handler, and not just a ball handler but they better both be one of the best players on the team. The teams that have struggled the most seem to be the ones who only had one guy on the floor who can create plays and a defense can be implemented to at least force them into bad sets. If Harden and CP3 can co-exist and the trio of playmakers on the GSW's can all co-exist, and teams like the Raptors where the best player basically creates his own shot and nothing else. Then when Lowry is off the floor, and he isn't my ideal pg but when he's gone Derozan isn't creating for others, and you have a true backup pg caliber player creating for others. Offenses become stale and leads slip. A better example might be the pacers. When Oladipo was off the floor how hard was it to score? When he was on the floor all it took was sending a high double to force it out of his hands and the Pacers looked lost.

It might be recency bias and super team effect but Idk why we would have to trade DSJ if we drafted Doncic. Even if Doncic isn't drafted I can promise everyone here DSJ will play off ball next year just like this year and I'd rather that player with the ball be Doncic or in the future a starting caliber player not simply a backup pg and not a 2nd 6'0 pg at that. The only requirement to make it work is that both players become great at playing off the ball with cuts and 3pt ability. And I see no reason both shouldn't be fantastic at that?
Personally, I think it's only an issue if they either both A. Can't shoot or B play defense. I understand that out of the top 5 prospects, 3-4 are centers which immediately screams ideal fit + BPA. I just think at the end of the day, you don't pass on a player like Doncic. But that assumes you believe, like I do, that he is on another level.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #1327
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personally, I think it's only an issue if they either both A. Can't shoot or B play defense. I understand that out of the top 5 prospects, 3-4 are centers which immediately screams ideal fit + BPA. I just think at the end of the day, you don't pass on a player like Doncic. But that assumes you believe, like I do, that he is on another level.
The only fit problem I can see is on defense. But I think he could defend 3's the kicker would be can Barnes defend 2's? I still have him as 3rd behind Ayton and Bamba but he's still my favorite player in the draft if that makes sense.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #1328
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

People always point out Doncics defense but with Bagley its no problem...interesting.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #1329
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
People always point out Doncics defense but with Bagley its no problem...interesting.
I'm with you. I think it's because the athletic profile of Bagley is he should be a good defender with coaching and development, because he has the tools. But that's still nothing more than hope. I still say Doncic has the bbiq necessary to at the very least be adequate against 2's and only have a tough time against elite 2's which shouldn't be a negative imo. He'd still be in my top 2 if not for the fact that I think Bamba changes the entire team for the better. So while true bpa for me is doncic it's close enough that I can't stop myself from taking someone who would change life for 4 other players on the floor for the better and make life extremely difficult for 5 players on the other side.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 05-05-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #1330
Underdog

Quote:

The bolded part is exactly the problem though -- from what I've seen, neither guy is particularly great at playing off the ball (unlike Harden and Paul). Like, you get 50% of the player when the ball is out of their hands... I mean, there's nothing wrong with adding another ball handler next to DSJ, but I'd rather get someone who actually thrives when playing off the ball (like Malik Newman in the 2nd round), especially since the price would be the highest draft pick we've had in years... If Doncic was an obvious generational talent, then I might be willing to try it out, but it's not like he's clearly better than Ayton, Bagley, Jackson, Bamba, Porter, etc. (even in a vacuum). I just don't see enough of a difference in overall talent to ignore fit and declare Doncic the BPA where we'll be picking.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #1331
Underdog

Quote:
I like both of them less than most precisely for their lack of defense... That's why I'm more intrigued by defensive stalwarts like Jackson, Bamba and Bridges -- because I think scoring will come easier to them than defense will come to Bagley or Doncic.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #1332
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
One has elite athleticism and the other does not.

No matter what you think of either, Bagley without a doubt fits better with Smith jr than Doncic does.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #1333
Underdog

Quote:

No matter what you think of either, Bagley without a doubt fits better with Smith jr than Doncic does.
I can definitely agree with this... Bagley has tools to work with on defense, Doncic does not.

Hell, undersized Yogi is probably already a stronger defender than point-forward Luka will ever be.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #1334
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Quote:

This.

Also, to try and compare a rookie and 2nd year player with harden and cp3 is too high of a bar to set or even be concerned with. Sure Mathews can play off the ball and shoot the 3 and play defense, but that is it. Hes not even a good passer. At least doncic sees the floor infinitely better than anyone else in the range we are looking so not only can he create his own offense, but he is taking some load off Dsj and making others better / getting them better looks.

I do not see how he doesnt fit next to Dsj.

I can find positives of anyone that has been mentioned by people here, but to me its unfair or maybe even silly to mention some of these guys as not a fit. It's likely going to take a year or maybe even a cpl years for anyone we get to settle in and show the promise we hope for. We are lucky dsj is way ahead of the curve.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #1335
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Neither is going to be picked for their defense. It's just splitting hairs to me comparing their defense. One has bbiq/instincts that help overcome elite athleticism and the other has athletic tools that help overcome a lack of instincts and understanding on defense. It's just a matter of preference.

Normally I'm on the side of athletic upside but to me Doncic is just special. And Bagley for all his tools isn't just a little development and good coaching away from being a great defender, he really had no business being as bad as he was defensively.

I'd love if there was a compiled list of the 7ft bigs Bagley went against and how he fared and how they fared. I thought it was here but I can't find it but someone posted an article here or maybe reddit that showed just how bad Bagley was on defense. It was around the time he missed some games and Duke was like 15 points better on defense but 10 worse on offense. It was a small sample size iirc which is why I'd really be interested in a compiled list of the 7'0 guys he faced and what the results were. Maybe I'll get bored during these shitty playoff games and make one if I can't find one already made.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #1336
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Neither is going to be picked for their defense. It's just splitting hairs to me comparing their defense. One has bbiq/instincts that help overcome elite athleticism and the other has athletic tools that help overcome a lack of instincts and understanding on defense. It's just a matter of preference.

Normally I'm on the side of athletic upside but to me Doncic is just special. And Bagley for all his tools isn't just a little development and good coaching away from being a great defender, he really had no business being as bad as he was defensively.

I'd love if there was a compiled list of the 7ft bigs Bagley went against and how he fared and how they fared. I thought it was here but I can't find it but someone posted an article here or maybe reddit that showed just how bad Bagley was on defense. It was around the time he missed some games and Duke was like 15 points better on defense but 10 worse on offense. It was a small sample size iirc which is why I'd really be interested in a compiled list of the 7'0 guys he faced and what the results were. Maybe I'll get bored during these shitty playoff games and make one if I can't find one already made.
That list would be interesting... but he took it to Bamba and Texas wit a huge game. Fwiw

Old 05-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #1337
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

One of them has an elite brain and feel/understanding for the game...on generational level considering his age.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #1338
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

I see the appeal of Bamba. I would feel great about getting him if we draft 5/6. I just think he is a project with huge upside - like a Jonathan Isaac/Ntilikina from last year.

Again this is IMHO, but I believe Doncic has the "it" factor you have to look for that impacts your team at every level.

Also, I think people are going too far in their doubts with Ayton. Don't get me wrong, I have problems with the lethargic defense too. But the guy is special with immense upside. I keep seeing comments like "no lebron" in this draft, and I just have a hard time with that framing of the conversation. I believe he is the best big man to come into the league since Anthony Davis, and maybe 2nd best in last 20 years.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #1339
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One of them has an elite brain and feel/understanding for the game...on generational level considering his age.
Racking my brain I just can't think of a single NBA SG/SF who was/is a perennial all-star player despite lack of athleticism.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #1340
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Racking my brain I just can't think of a single NBA SG/SF who was/is a perennial all-star player despite lack of athleticism.
Jason Kidd? Larry Bird? Not 2/3s necessarily but they certainly give you an idea of what we are envisioning when we speak of Doncic. Keep in mind that you are putting him into the 2/3 spot when in today's game it is much less defined.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 05-05-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #1341
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

I'll add Doncic's highlights from April:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTK8sgZAj4w
Old 05-05-2018, 10:34 PM   #1342
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:

I like how he uses his body. I think if he gets better at changing speeds like Ginobili was then he's going to be just fine despite the lack of athleticism. Still my favorite player. I can't wait to see him in the NBA.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #1343
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Some Playoff teams with two best players guards:
Portland
Toronto
Washington

None of them Going anywhere

Guess you could say Paul and harden are best two on rockets but they still haven’t done anything yet

Two best players as guards? Historically maybe the warriors before Durant... pistons bad boys teams... just a thought in regards to how to weigh having the build around DSJ and Doncic
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:33 AM   #1344
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I will say that if Doncic doesn't live up to his hype if drafted by the Mavs, then they are in big, big trouble. At least with the bigs you at least get rebounding even worst case scenario minus maybe JJJ. With Doncic, the Mavs biggest weaknesses, defense and rebounding, don't get addressed at all.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #1345
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
I will say that if Doncic doesn't live up to his hype if drafted by the Mavs, then they are in big, big trouble. At least with the bigs you at least get rebounding even worst case scenario minus maybe JJJ. With Doncic, the Mavs biggest weaknesses, defense and rebounding, don't get addressed at all.
The Mavs biggest weakness is they have noone that can dominate a game. Doncic has been doing that against much higher competition than the NCAA now for some time.

The most impressive thing about Doncic is the way he completely alters the game. He breaks down defenses using his high BBIQ and passing skills. He controls his body well, fantastic handles, and can shoot.

People are greatly overstating his athleticism challenge. I get it. You see Bamba, JJJ, and Ayton. It's hard not to get excited about them. But understand that Bamba and JJJ are very much projects with much lower floors than Doncic. Could they blossom and be fantastic? Absolutely.

I believe you take Doncic then get aggressive with our cap space in FA. Solid options to explore to fill out our roster. If you can't make DSJ + Doncic work, you eventually make a trade. I'm still concerned about DSJs limitations long term to build a championship team around. His game is flashy and fun which is great, but when was the last time a player like him won the championship? We will learn more next year after he has a full off season under his belt. Love his professionalism thus far.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:41 AM   #1346
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
.... when was the last time a player like him won the championship? .
hate to say it but Dwayne Wade

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 05-06-2018 at 11:46 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #1347
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Some Playoff teams with two best players guards:
Portland
Toronto
Washington

None of them Going anywhere

Guess you could say Paul and harden are best two on rockets but they still haven’t done anything yet

Two best players as guards? Historically maybe the warriors before Durant... pistons bad boys teams... just a thought in regards to how to weigh having the build around DSJ and Doncic
Doncic could be also a Point Forward.

The Mavs told allready a thousand times that this is the last lottery and they are planning to be a winning team again. So im pretty sure they would take Doncic over projects like JJJ and Bamba...
Old 05-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #1348
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

46 days to draft
9 days until the lottery
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #1349
Underdog

8 days until the lottery... So many topics I'd love to get into, but we really need to find out the order before I spend any time on it. Everything is still so hypothetical right now.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #1350
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #1351
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9flJ_nUAhw

3:20ish smh

Old 05-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #1352
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Aren't you the one who said anyone can post a highlight reel to make someone look good when I posted the Bamba reel?

And that still isn't as impressive as this at 5:20...one that actually counted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpnB63lNovc

Old 05-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #1353
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Aren't you the one who said anyone can post a highlight reel to make someone look good when I posted the Bamba reel?

And that still isn't as impressive as this at 5:20...one that actually counted...

Yea, that Bagley one is sick no doubt!

The reason I liked the Luka one, was that it was just smooth fluid motion and so casual.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #1354
Underdog

Quote:

Love it! You get to see Marvin's biggest weakness (FTs) and strengths (offensive rebounds, creative scoring in the paint) rolled into one play.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #1355
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Doncic could be also a Point Forward.

The Mavs told allready a thousand times that this is the last lottery and they are planning to be a winning team again. So im pretty sure they would take Doncic over projects like JJJ and Bamba...
Maybe Luka plays SF and we trade Barnes at some point?
Old 05-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #1356
Underdog

Quote:
Chandler Parsons 2.0

(or at least what we were hoping he'd become)

Old 05-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #1357
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Love it! You get to see Marvin's biggest weakness (FTs) and strengths (offensive rebounds, creative scoring in the paint) rolled into one play.
LOL

Old 05-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #1358
Scoobay
Golden Member

[QUOTE=sefant77;1435162]Doncic could be also a Point Forward.

The Mavs told allready a thousand times that this is the last lottery and they are planning to be a winning team again. So im pretty sure they would take Doncic over projects like JJJ and Bamba...[/QUOTE

Double post

Last edited by Scoobay; 05-07-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #1359
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I think he will essentially have to play one of the forward positions to be effective in the NBA. He will get absolutely demolished by guards. Can you imagine a slow, plodding, 6'8" guy trying to guard Harden or Thompson?

SF is also both Barnes' natural position and dude is earning 50million over the next two years.

Doncic could end up being a player that transcends the game like Dirk and is ultimately worth it, but he's going to cause some pain in the short term with our roster comp.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-07-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #1360
sefant77
Guru

Quote:

Yeah, missing a FT this badly is impressive