Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-13-2007, 09:38 AM   #1641
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Spoon on Letterman last night. I'll have to check that CD out.

I am still spinning Icky Thump. I think the only song that I am not enthused about is the title song (although I love the diatribe about immigration).
Old 07-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #1642
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

SP!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #1643
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

do all linkin park songs sound the same? they sure look similar..and yes my pirate hat is on.

Gov't Mule : Deja Voodoo

Last edited by Ninkobei; 07-14-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:21 PM   #1644
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

haha ninko...

i'm listening to rjd2! so groovy.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:16 AM   #1645
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Arctic Monkeys - Favorite Worst Nightmare
AFI - Sing The Sorrow
Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #1646
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

you can't do that on stage anymore vol. 2 - frank zappa
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #1647
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

She Wants Revenge - She Wants Revenge
Old 07-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #1648
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Silverchair - Young Modern

Damn good stuff.. still rockin. Kudos to Silverchair. Hope Dans Laryngitis prob gets him through tho...

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #1649
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

A ton of Radiohead.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 AM   #1650
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

These are all the CD's that I have in my car currently...

20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Tom T. Hall
Tom T Hall: The Definitive Collection
Hank Williams Greatest Hits
Fat Pat - Thowed in da game 98'
Bone Thugs and Harmony - Creep and ah come up
A burned compilation of anime music, largely Gundam music
Andrew WK - The Wolf

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-24-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #1651
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Black Light Burn - cruel melody

okay, kinda like NIN jr.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #1652
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Artur Schnabel: "Complete Beethoven Piano Sonatas"
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 PM   #1653
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
She Wants Revenge - She Wants Revenge
Nice. Really like them. Also listening to Dirty Pretty Things, Wolfmother and Pascal F.E.O.S right now.
And some Charlie Parker classics.

Last edited by Fidel; 07-24-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #1654
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Are Jay Dee Tew
Si Se
Biggie
Garbage

Old 07-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #1655
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
have you seen the DVD of this? I absolutely love it
Old 07-31-2007, 12:39 PM   #1656
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Tacks, the Boy Disaster - Oh, Beatrice
Oliver Future - Pax Futura
Tripping Daisy - I am an Elastic Firecracker
Pinback - Pinback
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #1657
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
have you seen the DVD of this? I absolutely love it
yeah it is great. love Talking Heads.

spinning for me is: The Complete Plugged Nickel Concerts - Miles Davis
Old 08-03-2007, 05:06 PM   #1658
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

The new Sum 41 album is...amazing.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #1659
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Calhoun - Calhoun
Comrade - There's Many a Slip Twixt the Cup & the Lip
Old 08-05-2007, 06:34 AM   #1660
The Doctor

The Doctor is on a distinguished road

Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

This CD has barely left my CD play since I bought it.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #1661
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor

you just now are finding Rage????

better late than never...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #1662
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Bruce Springsteen & the Seeger Sessions Band - Live in Dublin
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #1663
untitled
Golden Member

Charlotte Gainsbourg - 5:55
The Secret Machines - September 000
Micah P. Hinson - Micah P. Hinson and the Opera Circuit
Old 08-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #1664
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Tool - 10,000 Days
Smashing Pumpkins - MC and the Infinite Sadness
Rage - Evil Empire
NiN - The Fragile

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #1665
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor

Definitely one of my top 5 ever. Great stuff.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #1666
untitled
Golden Member

The Baptist Generals - Void Touching Faster Victuals EP
Red Monroe - Meeting on a Train
Roky Erickson - I Have Always Been Here Before
Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #1667
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Travis - The Invisible Band

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #1668
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Weezer Blue Album deluxe edition.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #1669
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

MIA - Kala
The Go! Team - Proof of Youth

Both sophomore efforts, both disappointing when compared to their debuts.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #1670
untitled
Golden Member

Default They tried to make me go to rehab, I said "No, no, no"

http://thesuperficial.com/2007/08/am...e_in_rehab.php

DAMN.

Coke, X, heroin, AND ketamine (horse tranquilizer)..... all at once.... in a girl who probably weighs 80 lbs.

Incidentally, I purchased her album, Back to Black, yesterday. I rather like it.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #1671
untitled
Golden Member

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Okkervil River - The Stage Names
Pinback - Summer in Abaddon
Strange Fruit Project - The Healing
Old 08-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #1672
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Sum 41 - Under Class Hero

... bleh....very underwhelming.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #1673
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Snow - Informer
Old 08-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #1674
untitled
Golden Member

The Demigs - Yardling
Headkrack - One Man Army
Old 08-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #1675
untitled
Golden Member

...and may I just say, "little d" is churning out solid new music at an alarming pace for such a small town. I know UNT has a great music school and all, but damn, Denton is pretty small.

It's impressive... and convenient.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #1676
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Ben Harper - Lifeline
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
The Spinners - The Best of the Spinners
Gil Scott-Heron - The Best of Gil Scott-Heron
Blockhead - Uncle Tony's Coloring Book

Also, props to untitled, the only guy on the board on par with my musical tastes. Holla.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #1677
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
The Demigs - Yardling
Checked this out..... I am not that impressed. I formed better bands than this in bruce hall (UNT) in 2002 on a several wednesday afternoons.

Keep the suggestions coming. I like to stay up with what the kids are doing these days.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-03-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #1678
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
This, I hate.

Quote:
Pinback - Summer in Abaddon
This is pretty cool. I like it.

Quote:
Strange Fruit Project - The Healing
This, I didn't care for that much.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #1679
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Rilo Kiley - Under the Blacklight
Interpol - Our Love to Admire
Manu Chao - La Radiolina

Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #1680
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Anyone ever heard of "Simon Dawes"?

I saw them before Incubus this past Sunday. They were awesome live, but their stuff on their MySpace is kind of bleh. I think they must've played newer stuff at the show.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here