Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default Zo wants out of New Jersey.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/...ntral?sport=nba

Nov. 5 - Mourning, who just started a comeback from a kidney transplant, wants out of the Nets' future, according to the New York Daily News.

As NBA Insider Chad Ford reported Nov. 4, Mourning is seeking either a trade or a buyout. According to the Daily News, 'Zo wants the Nets to buy out the $17 million and three years he has on a fully-guaranteed contract. The Daily News, citing "four league sources" it did not name, reports Mourning feels he needs to play for a contender now rather than be part of the Nets' deconstruction.

Few teams are willing to trade and take a chance on Mourning, 34, who underwent a kidney transplant in December. But he might be more appetizing if his new team only had to pay him $1.1 million – the minimum salary a 10-year NBA veteran can be paid.

The Daily News reports the Nets and Mourning are millions apart on any proposed buyout. But if Mourning is still on the Nets' roster 10 games into the season, his salary counts against the team's cap. The Nets want Mourning to write off millions more to become a free agent.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2004, 05:51 PM   #2
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default RE: Zo wants out of New Jersey.

How about Zo voids his contract and gives back the salary he "earned" last year and then let him go wherever he wants.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 06:30 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Zo wants out of New Jersey.

Im really glad he didnt sign with us.

As much as Madape bitches and whines about Dampier, he'd actually be right about 'zo
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:48 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Ha. I bet he's regretting not signing with us now. It's going to be interesting to see what team he ends up with. I think a potential contender that could benefit from him are the Lakers and the Kings. Kings have Brad Miller but I just get the sense he's more of a power foward rather than a center. Centerese actually block shots. What's up with all these guys coming back anyway? I thought Dyess, Hill and Mourning all were retired from the game. It's good to see that they have come back to play. Mourning is a warrior. He could've easily packed up and went to Hawaii and take the Nets cash but he's still trying to get back in the league. Same goes for Grant Hill.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 05:31 AM   #5
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I´ll second that for Grant Hill. Last time he was able to play more than 30 games was 99/00 with Detroit. If a guy is trying to come back from injury for slightly more than 4 years it can´t be all about the money IMO. I hope he can stay healthy this time.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 10:01 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Zo wants out of New Jersey.
who doesn't?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:32 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Zo wants out of New Jersey.
who doesn't?
Richard Jefferson. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:12 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

It Zo really wants out of NJ then he should just void his contract with the Nets. I'm sure the Nets would be more than willing to ditch his albatross of a salary. I just don't have much respect for NBA players who want to be paid by one team and work for another. If Zo is so good then he shouldn't have any problem playing for a contract this year.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:24 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Zo will be out of the game again later this year. Stick a fork in him. This is a money grab.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:34 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't a money grab, he's trying to take a buyout for less than the full value of his contract to go somewhere and play for the vets min.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:04 PM   #11
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Damn. I am so sick of this guy. I can't believe that he persists in making futile comeback bids. Bargaining with New Jersey over settlement of his contract and a potentail release is farcical. Please Zo, just go away.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote