Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default your favorite nba franchise that doesn't play in the metroplex

i'd like to know what your favorite team that isn't dallas is. we're all NBA fans, so I want oto know, who'd you used to root for in the 90s? do you still feel an allegiance to them? if it wasn't the mavs (or against the mavs), who would you most like to see win it all, and why?

i'm gonna go with the grizzlies. beautiful arena, and really great fans. I watched a preseason game in memphis this year, against the heat, and talked to this sweet old lady for 15 minutes about how she wished Pau was healthy. it was cheap for popcorn and a ticket, it was so clean, and it was just down the road from beale street. and come on, they had to endure BIG COUNTRY all those years. i felt really awful for grizz fans when dirk buried them last year in game 3... after they took the high road that the clippers passed on, and tried to win out.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I know it's a rival but it's the Spurs.

I grew up watching the Mavs and Spurs, I was always a huge David Robinson fan and I enjoyed watching the Spurs win 3 NBA titles. However I'm solid behind the Mavs as my favorite team as I want them to win a ring. I was even a bigger Mavs fan than Spurs when the Mavs couldn't win more than 25 games in a season. They've both always had my support but in a 7 game series pitting Spurs vs Mavs I'm rooting for the Mavs.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-03-2007 at 09:05 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I hate all other teams. That is how intense my Mavs love is.

suck it the rest of you teams...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't much of a basketball fan before I started following the Mavericks...BUT I grew up around Houston, so I was mildy happy when they won back in the nineties.

I rooted for Charles Barkley in the 93 finals and I used to be really amused by Vlade Divac.

My big brother is a huge Rockets fan, so I would still be happy for him if they won a championship. (Plus I find McGrady and Yao pretty darn likeable.)

That's pretty much it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-03-2007 at 01:52 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say the celtics. I really rooted for them back in the day. If Al Jefferson and company start making any noise I'll probably jump back on the bandwagon.

I actually like the Spurs, but I'd never admit it because I think all Spurs fan are terrorists in disguise. I love to watch good low post players and Tim Duncan is truly phenomenal.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

bulls, all the way. now that MJ no longer plays i dont care about the bulls anymore....i have fond memories of the united center....oh well
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Right now it's the Raptors. I've been following Bosh and Ford since high school so it's good to see them having so much success.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I wasn't much of a basketball fan before I started following the Mavericks...BUT I grew up around Houston, so I was mildy happy when they won back in the nineties.
Basically the same happened with me in '99. I didn't follow San Antonio closely at all, but I was happy a local team won something big (I'm from Austin).

Then I met someone in 2000 who is now one of my best friends. He's from Dallas, and he's the one that got me to follow the NBA and the Mavs.

I have never lived in Dallas. Or Germany, for that matter.

So yeah, I didn't follow the Mavs through their huge drought in the 90's. Call me a bandwagon fan, but if I followed basketball back then, I probably would be a Squirts fan. And if I was a bandwagon fan, I'd probably be a Squirts fan anyway!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #9
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The Raptors, I liked them almost as much as Dallas to be honest but the GM destroyed the team by trading away the star for nothing (well I hate VC, but you could have gotten way more than Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, and Alonzo Mourning who didn't even play) and drafting a few busts.

Bryan Colangelo has made them into a playoff team in one year, even if it's in the East.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
your favorite nba franchise that doesn't play in the metroplex
The Mavs, when they are the away team.

Ha! Oh, yeah, that's a good one.

No, really, since "Big Country" Reeves left the league, there's no one else to root for.

OOh, there's another! I'm like gold.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
The Mavs, when they are the away team.

Ha! Oh, yeah, that's a good one.

No, really, since "Big Country" Reeves left the league, there's no one else to root for.

OOh, there's another! I'm like gold.
I really thought Big Country was gonna rule. Mad skills for a big man, mad skills.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

grew up a hawks fan with the nique, doc, tree, roundfield teams. still pull for them to do well.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #13
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Supersonics... even though the rockets had some intense playoff series against Payton/Kemp.
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #14
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I hate all other teams. That is how intense my Mavs love is.

suck it the rest of you teams...
I'm like this now too. I used to be a pretty big Heat/Wade fan until last June (and I hated the other 28 teams). Now I hate the other 29 teams, Heat included.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote