Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #321
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I honestly think Dallas could be a sleeper team. I was just thinking the other day it does have the 2011 feel to it. Guys no one wants, too old, too small, etc..
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #322
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I honestly think Dallas could be a sleeper team. I was just thinking the other day it does have the 2011 feel to it. Guys no one wants, too old, too small, etc..
Alright, now we're on the same page... We definitely have a "sleeper" vibe going right now.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #323
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

i bet jae crowder makes the roster.
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #324
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
i bet jae crowder makes the roster.
I don't think you're going to find anybody to bet against you around here... I'd rather ditch DoJo than pass on any of our draft picks.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #325
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Our success simply depends on certain things falling into place. This would be no different than 2011. A lot of things had to fall into place for 2011 to play out the way it did.

If they do fall into place, we could have a deep playoff run. If they don't, all the Tyson Chandler salad tossers will show up.

I wish Tyson accepted that one year deal that we offered him, but it just didn't turn out that way.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #326
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
If they do fall into place, we could have a deep playoff run. If they don't, all the Tyson Chandler salad tossers will show up.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to take offense to the term "salad tosser" - way too many people work way too hard in kitchens and restaurants across the world to have their work used in a derogatory manner.

(I don't know what I'm talking about anymore... GO MAVS!)

Old 07-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #327
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

@ underdog crowder's three ball is nba primed
Old 07-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #328
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Without age being a factor, I'd think Crowder and Cunningham would be the most likely to make the roster (unless we get our guard depth figured out soon, then Cunningham isn't needed at all), but as others have pointed out, can you really leave a 27-yr-old in the DLeague?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #329
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Cunningham will make the roster. He (like Roddy and Dojo before him) isn't going anywhere for the next little bit. Unless of course you meant being with team and not with the D-League team.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #330
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Cunningham will make the roster. He (like Roddy and Dojo before him) isn't going anywhere for the next little bit. Unless of course you meant being with team and not with the D-League team.
Yes, sorry, I meant being assigned versus not. I'm thinking in terms of who might actually be needed to play on occasion, not just roster-spot and cap implications.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #331
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think Cunningham may be given more of a shot to get minutes than Dojo was. I think he'll be used as much as Roddy was pre injury.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #332
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

I think Crowder is the best player out of our draft picks.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #333
Underdog

Quote:
Marc J. Spears: Free agent G OJ Mayo getting interest from Lakers, Chicago, Phoenix and Dallas and hopes to make decision in next 10 days
http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20e3VwypB

Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #334
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

I pass on Mayo for 7 Million multiple years, rather offer 5-6 a year to BRush if that is the case, IMHO BRush>OJMayo

Last edited by pepe; 07-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #335
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Phoenix could certainly throw more money at Mayo, if he wants a chance to win on less money then Mavs would be competing with Lakers and Chicago.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #336
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
I pass on Mayo for 7 Million multiple years, rather offer 5-6 a year to BRush if that is the case, IMHO BRush>OJMayo
Agreed... We haven't talked much about Brandon Rush around here, but he shot 45% from beyond the arc last season... He's not a good defender, but we have plenty of defenders on our roster right now - he'd give us a strong outside shooting presence, which is something we could use.

He made a little under $3M last season, so his asking price should be about right...

Old 07-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #337
Bayliss

I don't know where else to put this so I'll just throw it here.

From Marc Spears... the Knicks are getting Felton in a sign and trade. And Lin is going to Houston.

Apparently Deron tried to sabotage the Knicks by telling Kidd to go there. And Dirk wanted the youth movement since he told Kidd the same.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #338
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know where else to put this so I'll just throw it here.

From Marc Spears... the Knicks are getting Felton in a sign and trade. And Lin is going to Houston.

Apparently Deron tried to sabotage the Knicks by telling Kidd to go there. And Dirk wanted the youth movement since he told Kidd the same.
Apparently the conversion rate on that offer sheet reads over a billion dollars to the Knicks.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #339
Bayliss

Austin Powers voice:

One Billion Dollars!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #340
jamaljasonandjimmy

what happened to sessions? he got **** blocked by darren collison or sumthin?

pass the rock to the german moses
Old 07-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #341
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
what happened to sessions? he got **** blocked by darren collison or sumthin?
Sessions and Haywood will become BFFs
Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #342
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

I really really want OJ Mayo.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #343
jamaljasonandjimmy

@onelove22 when kidd ditched the mavs and terry was gone I was thinking fisher to replace kidd and oj mayo to replace terry. a little mayo on a mav sandwich wouldnt be half bad

pass the rock to the german moses
Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #344
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

5-6 million/yr to Brandon F'n Rush? Are you kidding me?

I much rather have Delonte for 2 years for 5-6 million combined!!!!

Why bring all these over priced shooting guards who don't do all the things that Delonte does? Bellinelli, Mayo, Rush, Foye, Lee, Pietrus, etc.. .The only one I would take a chance on is Mayo and he is way too expensive.

Last edited by redzwestisbest; 07-15-2012 at 01:11 AM.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 AM   #345
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

The 1 guy left in free agency who maybe in our priceline who I want is Courtney Lee. The Celtics don't have any money for him unless dallas works out a sign and trade this is why i would rather not do a sign and trade unless we get something significant. Lee is a terrific shooter (especially in the corner where he went 50/103 this past year) and a really good defender, would be an ideal fit.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #346
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Just read an article on espn that stated Courtney Lee would be T'Wolves
next target if Portland matches on Batum. So if thats to be believed i guess we need to hope Portland doesnt match.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #347
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I think Lee would be a great fit here, very active player who can shoot the 3 ball and create a bit of offense. do it donnie

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #348
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-move-new-city

I like this article above. It makes me feel a little better about not getting Deron Williams. I still think Williams is a bad ass though.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #349
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Deron Williams was always a guy that I considered on the low end of the max type players.

I never thought he'd come in here and be the Mavs best player. Maybe in 2014-2015 or so if he would have signed with the Mavs..but he wasn't going to come in here and make Dirk the 2nd best player on the team in my opinion.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #350
Bayliss

What about Grant Hill? I believe he is out there, and I haven't heard that he has signed anywhere. There were rumors earlier that he would go to LA but with them getting Jamison......

He's not a "shooter." But that is really his only knock. He can still pass/defend/score.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #351
BGMaverick9
Guru

From what I heard today from a high ranking official, once the amnesty period ends, things should come to a resolution "sooner rather than later" when it comes to filling out the roster.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #352
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
From what I heard today from a high ranking official, once the amnesty period ends, things should come to a resolution "sooner rather than later" when it comes to filling out the roster.
Resolution sounds so fatalistic...are they done?
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #353
Underdog

Quote:
When does the amnesty period end?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #354
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
When does the amnesty period end?
Tomorrow is the last day
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #355
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What about Grant Hill? I believe he is out there, and I haven't heard that he has signed anywhere. There were rumors earlier that he would go to LA but with them getting Jamison......

He's not a "shooter." But that is really his only knock. He can still pass/defend/score.
He actually put up pretty solid catch-and-shoot and perimeter scoring numbers with Phoenix. He also happened to be playing with the most dynamic passer in the NBA at the time, but he was impressive to see his game evolve a little bit.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #356
Underdog

Quote:
Tomorrow is the last day
So we should probably have our roster figured out by the end of the week, if not sooner?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #357
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@JuiceMayo32: Wuzzup DALLAS!
What's going on here?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #358
OneLove22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
What's going on here?
I'm guessing he just landed in Dallas to talk with the Mavs...

Not going to get too excited though.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #359
OneLove22

OJ Mayo ‏@JuiceMayo32
I will be signing with dallas! ‪#Mavsnation‬

Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #360
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Mystery solved.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4th seed or bust, big cocks, booster for the rooster, cockadoodledont!, cockadoodledoo!, cubes > russia., let's talk about roosters, let's talk about russia, let's talk about sex, wests side story