Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default Mavs vs Kings Game 2

What is grbh doing starting this:

114-105 Kings

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs Kings Game 2

Mavs on the road. I have my baghead on. I t's going to be a horse of a different color tonight. (Right, Outlet?)

Mavs lose 120-110.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:07 AM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

grbh, you were supposed to start game 3. WTF man. I hope mavs win.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:09 AM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

No worries, it is time to shake things up

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:14 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

114-110 Kings.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:16 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The all important Game 2 is tonight and our boys face an important challenge. Although the only "must win" game is one in which you are facing the prospect of Maui time, it would feel much better coming home with a series split than facing a 0-2 hole. You and I know that, but more importantly the Big 3 know that.

The Mavericks will lace up their sneakers and come into Arco with guns a blazin' (because let's be honest... that's what both of these teams rely on). And the posse will not rest until they are assured of coming home all even steven and the home court advantage stolen from the hands of the once mighty Kings.

Mavs - 114
Kings - 109

F'em
Old 04-20-2004, 12:17 AM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs vs Kings Game 2

Mavs win this one 118-109.

Dammit, grbh, what's done is done, but you better come through.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:40 AM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

120-111 Dallas. Let's Go Mavs.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:42 AM   #9
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Usually, I don't make any predictions (a bit superstitious). But after having seen so many pessimistic posts on the board the last two days, the only I can say:

F'em, MAVs!!!!!

118-115 Mavs over SAC
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:47 AM   #10
Peja_owns

Peja_owns is on a distinguished road

117-111 Kings
Peja_owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:37 AM   #11
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I hope for a close game till the end with lots of points scored.

Finley will shoot better. Dirk goes to the hoop and the foul line more often and prevents those damn layups and dunks by blocking 8.

Nash outplays Bibby and Keys shows Christie that he's grown up already.

Mavs win 118 to 117

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:41 AM   #12
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Nash usually doesn't have 2 bad games in a row.... Must win game for Dallas

Dallas pulls this one off in a showdown 124-122.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 06:51 AM   #13
FolterKammer84

FolterKammer84 is on a distinguished road

dallas wins cause dirk will have about 20 or more shots and atleast 12 hits.!
FolterKammer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:42 AM   #14
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road

As a homer I still think that the mavs odyssey will finally lead them home with a steal in their luggage. If Dirk plays on the same level and the backcourt remembers, that it is two thirds of the big three Mavs will win a nailbiter 118 - 113.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:45 AM   #15
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

In sticking with my strange optimism on this forum for the Kings (I'm usually a pessimist, but I can't punk my boys on a rival forum), I'm going to cautiously predict a Kings win in Game 2, predicated on the premise that the Kings attempt to slow the tempo just a bit. 107 to 101 Kings.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:29 AM   #16
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Nash never shoots well on the road. Kings 125 Mavs 105
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
I hope for a close game till the end with lots of points scored.

Finley will shoot better. Dirk goes to the hoop and the foul line more often and prevents those damn layups and dunks by blocking 8.

Nash outplays Bibby and Keys shows Christie that he's grown up already.

Mavs win 118 to 117
He blocked 8 last game. The refs just screwed him over 2-3 times.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:48 AM   #18
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

We got to have this one. Finley goes for 25 and Christie only scores 9. Mavs win by that difference (16) 115 to 99.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:50 AM   #19
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

no predictions.....this is a must win..

there is no home court advantage for the mavs in the playoffs as they've shown in recent years..so you have to steal one to even have a chance
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:55 AM   #20
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

I like our chances...

Mavs win by 10+ pts.
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:58 AM   #21
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Mavs time.
This will be for us.
Guys, be calm, because here is number 41.

Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #22
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I have said in different threads that this is not yet MUST-WIN time; however, as U2 pointed out, we do need to get this one to stop Sac's confidence and strut prior to coming back home...

I say that with a lot riding on this game, the Mavs show up on the road...

Mavs 117
Kings 112
Old 04-20-2004, 10:47 AM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I was affraid of blaming U2. Now I can blame grbh without any problem...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Nah, we'll win this one.

115-105
Old 04-20-2004, 10:56 AM   #24
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Mavs 114 Kings 109 the mavs will run and gun on the road. Nash and Finley get their games going.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #25
FullBurst41

FullBurst41 is on a distinguished road

Why the Mavs win? Simple: to allow the Biggest Belgian Basketball Rivalry this year to transpire. he Wolves will probably rout the Nuggets, and I want the Mavs to destory the Kings either way, so then me and a friend of mine can curse each other to the next dimension since he's a Wolves fan.

Therefore, Dallas takes Game 2, and makes me, and everyone else here, a very happy customer.

Mavs 126
Kings 121

And don't shoot me if I'm wrong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 11:26 AM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Mavs emerge victorious in a 117-112 defeat over the Queens.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:04 PM   #27
hero = dirk

hero = dirk is on a distinguished road

" We can't repeat his comments word for word, but the heart of Van Exel's profane challenge was this: Why should the Mavericks adjust to the Kings? Make the Kings adjust to the Mavericks." - DMN

F'em.

Mavs win 121-114!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Muhahahaha...
hero = dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:06 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

mavs
watch nash come out of his shell....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:26 PM   #29
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I predict a lower scoring game as the defense adjusts:

Mavs 104
Kings 102
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #30
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It's a big win tonight.

Mavs 129
Kings 113
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:40 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Kings 110
Mavs 109

Dirk misses a runner in the lane to win it as time expires.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:16 PM   #32
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

.......but is fouled and shoots two free throws to give us the lead with 1.1 seconds left. Timeout Queens, ball is inbounded to webber who throws up some weak stuff that is blocked by dirk. Dallas wins 111-110. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 03:00 PM   #33
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:09 PM   #34
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Just about the time the media and fans start questioning Fin's contract, he goes off

Mavs 115
Kings 109
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:34 PM   #35
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't mind losing this one as long as the game gets played in a fast tempo that would really kill the kings for the rest of the series.

but i hopefor a win.
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #36
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LordOfTheMavs
Just about the time the media and fans start questioning Fin's contract, he goes off

Mavs 115
Kings 109
As Finley goes, so go the Mavs.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:15 PM   #37
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Fin steps up tongiht drills the one that puts it away.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #38
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

take the most hopeful view...

full confidence...

no lack of concentration...

mavs win...

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:33 PM   #39
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough

A valiant effort will fall just short, as will Dirk's last-gasp three-point attempt.

Kings 112, Mavs 109

Things will look a bit different under the AAC lights on Saturday, however.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:36 PM   #40
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 12:49 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote