Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #11
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

No way I can compete with the above, but plenty of travel time recently so polished off:

Moon - really enjoyed it, didn't think Rockwell had the acting chops but he pulled off a demanding role very well. Understand the critical acclaim for the film.

Cedar Rapids - meh, a little disappointed. Felt like the film couldn't make up its mind as to whether it wanted to be a full out comedy or something a little deeper. Straddled that line awkwardly. Ed Helms basically played his role in The Office and John C. Reilly played the role he always plays in every movie. Not a terrible movie but wouldn't watch it again.

The Big Red One - Another great WWII flick, Lee Marvin's a badass. Mark Hamill emphatically demonstrated over the course of two hours why his movie career went nowhere outside of Star Wars.

The Dirty Dozen - Another excellent Lee Marvin WWII movie.

Source Code - Good premise, interesting movie, decently acted. Couldn't help but feel like DeCaprio and Damon passed on this script before Gyllenhaal signed on. And can we all agree that Michelle Monaghan (who? my point exactly) has taken ownership fof the role of supporting actress whose name you don't remember? She's been in a bunch of movies but I honestly didn't remember her in a single one until I Wikipedia'd it.

Priest - ugh, last and least. The gf wanted to see this. Who's leg did Paul Bettany hump to get cast not once but twice (Legion) as an action hero??? I swear I took his lunch money in middle school. Whatever, he snagged Jennifer Connelly so he must have something going for him.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?