Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-11-2007, 03:19 AM   #1
MartinGT

MartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these parts
Default 16 of the Mavs final 22 games are..

Teams under .500

Easy schedule...

Damn you are not so dominant like many people seem to think..
MartinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2007, 03:28 AM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

if you think statistically "easy' schedules are worth a damn, ask the Dallas Stars

these easily tend to the the hardest stretches sometimes

edit: LOL 3:28 am saturday night? I was pretty drunk when I wrote this

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-14-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #3
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Thread worthy? What a dumb poster... tsk tsk

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT
Teams under .500

Easy schedule...

Wow, you are an idiot. All that means is that the schedule up to this point has been extremely difficult as it all evens out in the end. So basically, the Mavs have been extremely dominant. Do us all a favor and go kill yourself. Now.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Bailiff!! Take away his vcash! And then wack his peepee.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

...and we still managed to beat the top teams in the NBA this season - never losing more than ONE game to ANY single team...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

We have the hardest strength of schedule up to this point, so it's finally evening out.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #8
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
We have the hardest strength of schedule up to this point, so it's finally evening out.
There is a catch to these final games. I have noticed that the Mavs have had more home games than any other team in the league as well. So, I factor in that we will have more road games than every other team, so the schedule is not as easy as we think. On the other hand, we have played more Western Conference teams than anyone else as well..

Looks to me that the Suns will have the most work to do, because they have played about the least amount of Western Conference games against Western Conference teams that are based in the West.

The last thing that I notice on our schedule is about 5 more B2B games going down the stretch run. I worry about this, not because it is B2B, but because they will force us to not get as much rest as other teams heading into the playoffs.

Hopefully, we can stretch our lead over the Suns while they tackle more Western Conference teams. As far as the Spurs, I always worry about them, but come playoff time not getting much rest between games will doom them in the end. Yes, they are playing very solid, and may be playing the best ball of all teams overall. As of matter of fact, I think they right now are playing better than the Mavs. It sounds crazy since we are on a 16 game winning streak, but they are playing some solid ball overall. We are winning by defense some, then offense some. SA is winning by defense. But, with that being said, SA is made up ZERO games to the Mavs, That has to be frustrating
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
There is a catch to these final games. I have noticed that the Mavs have had more home games than any other team in the league as well. So, I factor in that we will have more road games than every other team, so the schedule is not as easy as we think. On the other hand, we have played more Western Conference teams than anyone else as well..

Looks to me that the Suns will have the most work to do, because they have played about the least amount of Western Conference games against Western Conference teams that are based in the West.

The last thing that I notice on our schedule is about 5 more B2B games going down the stretch run. I worry about this, not because it is B2B, but because they will force us to not get as much rest as other teams heading into the playoffs.

Hopefully, we can stretch our lead over the Suns while they tackle more Western Conference teams. As far as the Spurs, I always worry about them, but come playoff time not getting much rest between games will doom them in the end. Yes, they are playing very solid, and may be playing the best ball of all teams overall. As of matter of fact, I think they right now are playing better than the Mavs. It sounds crazy since we are on a 16 game winning streak, but they are playing some solid ball overall. We are winning by defense some, then offense some. SA is winning by defense. But, with that being said, SA is made up ZERO games to the Mavs, That has to be frustrating
It should be noted that the mavs winning % on the road is greater than any other teams overall winning % and greater than every team other teams winning % at home except 1 (the Suns and the Mavs have the same # of losses as the Suns). Sure the Mavs aren't as good on the road as they are at home, but they're pretty damn good on the road as well.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But, with that being said, SA is made up ZERO games to the Mavs, That has to be frustrating
They are just getting what they've dished out for years. We'll see how they deal with it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SA is winning by defense. But, with that being said, SA is made up ZERO games to the Mavs, That has to be frustrating
If anything is frustrating SA it's the fact that thay haven't been able to shake Utah or make up much ground on PHX. They probably gave up on catching the Mavs when they fell behind by 9 games.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #12
mffl03

mffl03 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Teams under .500

Easy schedule...

That's funny, I seem to remember the Mavs ALWAYS playing another professional NBA team....
mffl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Umm Martin, you were saying?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #14
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Easy Schedule? No dominate player? No MVP? You must work for ESPN.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #15
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Bailiff!! Take away his vcash! And then wack his peepee.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 02:30 AM   #16
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Easy Schedule? No dominate player? No MVP? You must work for ESPN.
LMAO.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #17
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

considering 18 of the 30 teams are below .500 its not that special (in average of 22 teams 13 are below 500).
I just wonder if the mavs are gonna get to 20 in a row .
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20
considering 18 of the 30 teams are below .500 its not that special (in average of 22 teams 13 are below 500).
I just wonder if the mavs are gonna get to 20 in a row .
I'd say the odds are in their favor that they will. The Mavs should be favored in all 3 of their next games.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Wednesday night is going to be so intense.

Can you imagine how much the national media will gush "NASH NASH NASH" if the Suns end the mavs streak?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-12-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #20
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Huh? Didn't we play a tougher 1st half schedule then most of the NBA? Now we are playing the other half. How exactly does that equate to not being tough?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #21
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

61 games is half of 82? last time i checked we were 3 quarters through the season.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #22
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

"NASH! NASH! NASH!"
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #23
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG
Huh? Didn't we play a tougher 1st half schedule then most of the NBA? Now we are playing the other half. How exactly does that equate to not being tough?
Strength of schedule is probably calculated by adding up the W-L records of teams as we played them. If so, then they're counting the first Spurs matchup as 0-0, and the Suns as 1-4.

Which is crap.

Of course, the Mavs are the only team not getting 50+ and 9 added to their strength of schedule too...
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #24
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

We have a 6-game road trip ahead, you loser.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Wednesday night is going to be so intense.

Can you imagine how much the national media will gush "NASH NASH NASH" if the Suns end the mavs streak?
And they'll have a mile long list of excuses when the mavs beat the Suns.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 AM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Tonight is exactly why I made these statements above. I have noticed a trend to not playing a solid overall game these last few games. Today, it all came to a head to where we could not win on offense or defense. We need to go back to the basics and win by defense. 4get all that push the ball talk. This team is NOT efficient at the high pace game. This is why they are the 3rd slowest pace team in the NBA. They get quality shots which lead to easy baskets or good position for good defensive transition. Avery got caught up in the mess about how slow our pace is, and went to sprint mode with the Mavs..This is not our game...

Our game is built on great quality shots and good defensive transition, which leads to easy buckets as well. Hopefully, AJ goes back to the ole bucket and 4get about all that fast pace. We dont have the right guards to get to that pace and be efficient. Harris is a train wreak at this pace, and Terry is not comfortable at that speed. Tonight proved what I have been seeing. We have to play big with guys like George and beat teams to death on the boards. The other problem is that George is still hurt, and this bothers me greatly. Not only is the brace slowing George down, but he is still hurt...
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #27
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

Worst noob topic ever.
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:20 AM   #28
MartinGT

MartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these parts

Make it 13 straight!

Longest streak in the NBA at this moment.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #29
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

that's incredible!!!! *yawn*
Old 03-14-2007, 12:30 AM   #30
MartinGT

At least they didn't lose to the lowly Warriors... *yawn*
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #31
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

They didn't? You must forget about last Nov. 27.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #32
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Touché.....
Old 03-14-2007, 08:05 AM   #33
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:

Nov. 27 to MartinGT : Hello?!

What a stupid babbling idiot! This thread is so gay. Everytime I'll see your name, It'll remind of Martin starts Gay Threads. That must be what the GT in your name stands for. LOL FU!

Old 03-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #34
MartinGT

Old 03-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hey Martin go look up the spurs record vs golden state this season
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #36
MartinGT

1-1

Last edited by MartinGT; 03-14-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

sooo... it looks like they did lose to the lowly warriors.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #38
MartinGT

One game not 2 or three like your team..LOL
Old 03-14-2007, 03:31 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

I didnt say anything about how many times. You just said about the spurs "at least they didn't lose to the warriors" when actually, they did.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #40
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice PS

But I found the real image.