Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ESPN talk with a twist

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Michael Finley
Marquis Daniels

Incoming
Lorenzen Wright
Jason Williams
Doug Christie
Change in team outlook: +0.6 ppg, +4.3 rpg, and +4.2 apg.

Memphis Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Lorenzen Wright
Jason Williams

Incoming
Steve Francis
Change in team outlook: +1.6 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Steve Francis
Doug Christie

Incoming
Michael Finley
Marquis Daniels
Change in team outlook: -2.2 ppg, -0.7 rpg, and -4.5 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Dallas, Memphis, and Orlando being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas, Memphis, and Orlando had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Which team would balk at this trade?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:ESPN talk with a twist

Any trade that involves Jason Williams coming to the Mavs, I'm not interested in.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

i like it. love wright but I like the battie/christie better because it gives solid role players and a start on cap freedom
Old 07-27-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: ESPN talk with a twist

Wright is on the last year of his contract, just like Battie (IMO -- Wright is the better player). Williams would be the only one not expiring, that would be coming back to the Mavs.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 07-27-2005, 02:23 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I hear a rumor that has Wright and Battier going to NO for Magliore and West.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I hear a rumor that has Wright and Battier going to NO for Magliore and West.
Lateral trade for both. Neither gets shafted in the deal though. Hard to believe they would move Battier on BYC though (at least I think he is on his BYC).

Old 07-27-2005, 02:55 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I sure wish there was a way for us to get Battier from the Grizz, of all their players, he's the one that I would most like to see in a Mavs Uni.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #8
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Orlando will not do a deal like this. They apparently want to keep Francis, at least another year.

Also, I’d rather take Francis that Williams.

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Steve Francis
Doug Christie //put instead Tony battie

Incoming
Michael Finley
Marquis Daniels

But again, doubt they will do a trade with Franchise.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

Quote:
That's like saying I'd rather be kicked in the shin than in the balls. Neither is preferable.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:04 PM   #10
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
Orlando will not do a deal like this. They apparently want to keep Francis, at least another year.

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Steve Francis
Doug Christie //put instead Tony battie

Incoming
Michael Finley
Marquis Daniels

But again, doubt they will do a trade with Franchise.
yea i would rather have francis too but probaly wont happen i wished but the other trade is good for us too because we get Lorenzen Wright, Jason Williams, Doug Christie
Old 07-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

No Francis, No Williams.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:37 AM   #12
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

if we gave up quis then I would want Jameir Nelson in return