Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-08-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default Finley, Jamison to Portland? Say it aint so!

According to NBAtv:

Finley
Jamison

for

Wells
Wallace
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2003, 10:26 PM   #2
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Finley, Jamison to Portland? Say it aint so!

This must be a bad joke.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:30 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Finley, Jamison to Portland? Say it aint so!

How funny. I just posted this trade in the new trade/draft forum earlier today.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #4
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
This must be a bad joke.
They said the source was from Dallas and that the trade is awaiting league approval.
Im not joking, i heard it from NBAtv.
But if it were true why would Finley and Jamison play in this game?? Do they know??
Did the trade happen during the game???
Old 11-08-2003, 10:32 PM   #5
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Wow. If this is true, I really think the revolving-door trade policy is getting out of hand. I'm afraid that everybody on the team is going to play poorly with the contstant threat of a trade hanging over their heads. Hopefully we can stabilize the roster soon.

I have nothing more to say because I am too shocked. I will really miss Fin if this is true.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:33 PM   #6
harsh euro barge

harsh euro barge will become famous soon enoughharsh euro barge will become famous soon enough

ughhh......take my initial feeling after the Antoine Walker trade and multiply by 1000
harsh euro barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:33 PM   #7
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

if this is true, this is terrible. that ruins my night.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:35 PM   #8
harsh euro barge

harsh euro barge will become famous soon enoughharsh euro barge will become famous soon enough

shhh.....don't tell tell Fin and Jamison while the game's going on
Old 11-08-2003, 10:35 PM   #9
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

If it is true i bet Nellie told Fin about it a long time ago. Fin is such a good guy he probably took it in perfect stride.

I'll say it again in this thread...

Rasheed, Dirk, Walker, Bonzi, Nash.

That is frightening.

If this group can get along they could do anything.

Fin and JAmison are great guys though. But we need someone over 6'10.

This is the price you pay.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
Old 11-08-2003, 10:38 PM   #10
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

If this happens, I'm offically a Blazer fan.
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:39 PM   #11
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
if this is true, this is terrible. that ruins my night.
Cuban just said that the trade was not true. THank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 10:40 PM   #12
harsh euro barge

YAY?
Old 11-08-2003, 10:41 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense as Portland made attempts at both Finley and Jamison over the summer.

Not sure what Dallas is thinking, but it wouldn't be a surprise that they'd be making another big trade.

Strange that all 4 guys are playing tonight. Wouldn't they be sitting to avoid a possible injury?
Old 11-08-2003, 10:41 PM   #14
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

wait, on tv he did? i am so confused...so is it just a rumor or what? and how close is this to being true? because if that happened, i don't know what i would do. it would make it awfully hard to root for the mavs.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:45 PM   #15
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
wait, on tv he did? i am so confused...so is it just a rumor or what? and how close is this to being true? because if that happened, i don't know what i would do. it would make it awfully hard to root for the mavs.
Yeah, the game is being broadcast on NBAtv right now and they said they talked to Cuban and Mark said they trade was NOT TRUE.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:47 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Sorry, but I'm not going to take Cuban's word for it.

Of course he'll say it's not true if it's still awaiting NBA approval.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #17
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Mark is very very sneaky though, did he specufically say "there is NO trade at all"?

Or did he say..."those reports are incorrect" or something? Maybe the people involved are wrong? Because MArk doesn't like to announce something until it is absolutely completed. It would be funny if this whole thing came from that Karl quote and that Karl was totally talking out of his ace and knew absolutely nothing. Just jabbering.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Sorry, but I'm not going to take Cuban's word for it.

Of course he'll say it's not true if it's still awaiting NBA approval.
I'm not sure that he'd do that MFF...what's more likely is this... if Cuban made that offer to Portland and they turned it down, Cuban would say that the Mavs never had any interest in making a trade with Portland
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:58 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I sinerely hope this trade is nothing more than a bogus rumor. If not the Dallas PD better start beefing up their narcotics division.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:01 PM   #20
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I hear that the trade was reported on Portland TV by Blazer fans... on the news.. don't know how much truth is to it, but it's just what i saw on some of the NBA message boards..and that the trade is pending league approval.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:03 PM   #21
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

This belongs into the new trade forum, so I moved it.

If this trade became reality I´d probably hope that the Mavs would trade Dirk to any other team I can root for. I`m not sure I could root for a team that features Walker, Wallace and Wells.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:04 PM   #22
Tony tha Mavs fan

nice job Fidel your right, it does belong in a trade forum, until it's official.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:07 PM   #23
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

This happens. The Mavs get about 22 mil of the books next season. Wow! Just throw away any chance of getting anywhere into the playoffs.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:08 PM   #24
Tony tha Mavs fan

Saturday, November 08, 2003

Trade rumor
Have the Blazers found a willing taker for Rasheed Wallace and Bonzi Wells? Noting the sullen mood and empty seats in the Rose Garden this season, Mike Barrett and Mike Rice revealed the Mavericks may have an offer on the table to the Blazers Saturday on the Blazers' pre-game show.

Rice and Barrett reported the Mavericks are willing to send PF/SF Antawn Jamison and SG Michael Finley to Portland in exchange for Wallace and Wells.

The trade appears to work under the collective bargaining agreement. However, Finley and Jamison both have huge contracts (check their salaries) with several years remaining.

Barrett and Rice noted Dallas is probably one of the few teams willing to take these two on (Wells and Wallace) and give quality in return. Rice indicated he thinks the ball is in the Blazers' court.

info from Oregon Live.com
Old 11-08-2003, 11:10 PM   #25
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
This happens. The Mavs get about 22 mil of the books next season. Wow! Just throw away any chance of getting anywhere into the playoffs.
I mean "If" this happens.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:10 PM   #26
Tony tha Mavs fan

OK now i hear it was reported on Fox 4 news? Deal to be official on monday...?
Old 11-08-2003, 11:13 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Mavs would get the talent edge in that trade. I don't think I'd trade two good guys for two bad guys though. The talent upgrade is not that great.

Of course Cuban could be looking at the financial aspect. Wallace is about to be a free agent and will have to take a paycut at the end of the season.

Old 11-08-2003, 11:13 PM   #28
Simon2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Tony tha Mavs fan
No way! That can't be.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:15 PM   #29
Tony tha Mavs fan

Quote:
Quote:
No way! That can't be.
I'm just writing what i keep hearing.. don't know if it's all fact..
Old 11-08-2003, 11:16 PM   #30
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
OK guys just stop it right now. You're making me nauseous. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2003, 11:18 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

still wouldn't be enough balls to go around..but the mavs would have more attitude in exchange for two wonderful b'ball players and human beings..

hmmm
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:20 PM   #32
Simon2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No way! That can't be.
Lol! Trying to surf the channels to see if I can find anything.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:21 PM   #33
Tony tha Mavs fan

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No way! That can't be.
Lol! Trying to surf the channels to see if I can find anything.
LOL ME TOO!, it would be nuts if this was one heck of a trade RUMOR
Old 11-08-2003, 11:23 PM   #34
Tony tha Mavs fan

HMM Nbc 5 says the Mavs say there is no such deal, but we'll keep you posted
Old 11-08-2003, 11:26 PM   #35
Simon2
Diamond Member

ESPN radio just reported that they talked to Cuban and Cuban denied the trade. Thank God!
Old 11-08-2003, 11:31 PM   #36
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I can see both sides to this trade. The mavs need someone that can knock someone on their asses like Rasheed would do for the mavs. On the other hand this could be a failed experiment waiting to happen.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:34 PM   #37
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

would rather have Dale Davis then Wells
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:36 PM   #38
Tony tha Mavs fan

Most of the time Management will deny trade rumors, if the deal isn't complete. The Nba offices open on Monday morning.. so IMO i think the Mavs will only say a trade is done when it's done, and not pending... I just think it's odd that George Karl says that Rasheed will look good in a Mavs uniform, then the next day , alot of news outlets say a trade is done.

Don't know what to think about the "trade" at the moment, but trading Fin is a huge move... that could cause the Mavs to lose alot of fans, especially when your bringing in 2 players known for causing issues with the team they were on. I think as far as talent goes, the Mavs get a HUGE upgrade, if not on the Offensive side, then on the Defensive side. The Mavs could have someone, IMO that can realistically put a body on Tim Duncan or Chris Webber in Wallace and a SF who isn't afraid to drive to the hole, and won't settle for a jumpshot when they can drive and convert . It's a big gamble to bring in players like these, I really hope Nellie Jr knows what he's doing if this rumor is true.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:44 PM   #39
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Actually, Wells has never been convicted of anything, he just has a horrible attitude on the court. I'd love to have Wells on this team, but not at the expense of Finley and/or Jamison.

To tell the truth, this really doesn't seem like a bad idea. This could make "good guys" out of Wells and Wallace, and hopefully Finley and Jamison can make "good guys" out of the trailblazers.

Also, Wells and Wallace are used to playing on a team with a whole lot of talent. Wallace has been taking stat cuts for the last two years, and it'll get worse when Randolph starts living up to the hype.

The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:53 PM   #40
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Dallas:

Wallace/Bradley/Fortson
Dirk/Najera
Walker/TAW
Wells/Delk/Howard
Nash/Best/Daniels/Stefansson

Portland:

Davis/Stepania/Boumtje
Randolph
Jamison/Woods/Patterson/Outlaw
Finley/Anderson/Murray
Stoudamire/McInnis