Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #1
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road
Default Pachulia and the MYSTERY mavs!!!

"While Harris has repeatedly said he wants to retain Pachulia, he may have a tough time doing so, especially if another team offers Pachulia major money. Fleisher reiterated what he told me two weeks ago: the Bucks and another team have extended offers to Pachulia. Like he did then, Fleisher wouldn't reveal the other team. Fleisher, Pachulia and the other mystery team have been so tight-lipped about the offer that even Bucks officials don't know the team." Racine Journal-Times

Could this mystery team be the MYSTERY mavs?!?!
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Pachulia and the MYSTERY mavs!!!

Quote:
Could this mystery team be the MYSTERY mavs?!?!
That would be a great start to the offseason.

Of course it's possible that there is no mystery team and that his agent is trying to create a market by sending a message to the league that they need to outbid the Bucks and the "mystery team".
Old 07-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Pachulia and the MYSTERY mavs!!!

I believe it's the Hawks, if I'm remembering correctly. I would like to have him as well.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

what is so special about this guy? He's just another soft player

He won't get off the bench in Dallas, where we already have too many players jockeying for minutes. He should go to a team where he can start and put up 10,10.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #5
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
what is so special about this guy? He's just another soft player

He won't get off the bench in Dallas, where we already have too many players jockeying for minutes. He should go to a team where he can start and put up 10,10.

Ok, let's quote the Hoopshype.com scouting-report...:

Plays physical ... Good game with his back to the basket ... Runs the floor well ... Tough defender.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I like Pachulia, and he should be reasonably priced. He's not the veteran type that will give the team playoff experience like Donnie had talked about at one point, but he is young and could grow with the team. Definitely a solid choice if the Mavs can get him at backup center.

Old 07-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, DJ isn't ready for prime back-up. People think that DJ will play only 10-15 minutes, believe that Damp would stay in the game that long. Well from last season we saw that Damp sometimes had to sit down 5 minutes into the game. We need a player that can bring it in 20-25 minutes at the center, so that we can end this Dirk at C crap once and for all. Pachulia would be perfect.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:22 PM   #8
echo

echo is on a distinguished road

I like Pachulia better than Hunter simply because I think Hunter may have "head issues". He's certainly capable of giving us backup minutes at a fair price.
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:40 PM   #9
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

From what I've seen, Pachulia isn't that skilled, but he's tough and play really hard. He seemed sort of like a bigger Najera to me. He wouldn't be the shot-blocking athlete that we have wanted, but I'd really like him on the team.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #10
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Oh yeah, and I love his attitude. I saw him in an interview once, and he said his favorite games are against Shaq and Yao, because they are the best in the world and he loves the challenge.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:25 PM   #11
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: echo
I like Pachulia better than Hunter simply because I think Hunter may have "head issues". He's certainly capable of giving us backup minutes at a fair price.
Well, for all of those who used to say, "If only Najera were bigger..."
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Najera is a nice comparison. Pachulia really is a bigger Najera, but he's a much better rebounder than Eddie.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #13
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I would rather have Birdman. 6 points 5 rebounds and .46 bspg is kind of underwhelming.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:28 PM   #14
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

He got those 5 rebounds, 6 points rebounds in 18.9 minutes

AND HE IS ONLY 21 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #15
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road

meh, I wouldn't be opposed to Pachulia. But I do like Hunter a lot. He's amazingly athletic, and he's a full 7'0". Not to mention you would be taking a big piece of depth away from Phoenix.
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:02 PM   #16
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
"While Harris has repeatedly said he wants to retain Pachulia, he may have a tough time doing so, especially if another team offers Pachulia major money.
Is he worth major money?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #17
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Depends on what major money means. I'd probably give him a 3 year, 9 million deal.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:47 PM   #18
bobatundi1

bobatundi1 is on a distinguished road

I just worry that Pachulia really hasn't proven himself in the league, but we might throw our entire MLE at him.

Compare these two players' second years in the NBA:
mpg ppg rpg bpg
Player 1 6'11" 255 18.0 3.4 4.9 .78
Player 2 6'11" 265 18.9 6.2 5.1 .46

I ask you this: do we need another Eschmeyer? I'd rather we give those minutes to Powell and Mbenga and see if one or both can develop into a real player, instead of throwing $5MM a year at a guy like Zaza who hasn't really impressed me in his first two years in the league.

Sure am glad we drafted Josh Howard two years ago when Zaza was still on the board. I'll be wearing my #5 with pride all season in section 331...be sure to wave!

bobatundi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:29 PM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

No telling what will happen with Pachulia. Word is that the cap will come in lower than the early estimates indicated, which may require the Bucks to either ask Simmons to accept less money or to renounce their Early Bird rights on Pachulia. Of course if they renounced he could have his choice of teams. And even if they don't renounce, they may be less likely to match a deal that puts them over the cap. As I said, who knows. I'm not particularly inspired by him, but I do sortof get the feeling that he won't be a Buck next year. For whatever that is worth.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:43 AM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

What are some incidents where Steven Hunter has shown some "head cases"? Just wondering..
But if I were him, and was the starting center of a contending team then get benched for Quentin "shoot 10 threes a game" Richardson so they can play essentially three guards, I would be a little uneasy myself. But, then again it's all about the system and he's just not a fit in that system (if they continue to go the run and shoot route)

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote