Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-27-2005, 04:08 AM   #1
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all
Default Brevin Knight

I would like to see the Mavs offer him the MLE, but only if we will start: Knight, Jet, Howard, Dirk, Damp. If he is gonna come off the bench then I want no piece of it.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Brevin Knight

IMO, Knight and Jet are too small to cover the 6'6" SG's in the league. You couldn't start the both of them, and play them together for any length of time.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Brevin Knight

Not saying I'd advocate using the MLE on Knight though I like him a lot as a player (pass 1st-PG is a 3rd priority behind athletic backup C and sharpshooting swingman) but if we did bring him in, there are alternatives to starting Knight-JET in the backcourt.

What if you went with Stack as the starting SG and brought JET for instant-O?

Starters: Knight, Stack, Howard, Dirk, Damp

Bench: JET, KVH, Harris, Daniels, etc.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good team, but we need size.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Charlotte would match.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #6
PlanoJ

PlanoJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Charlotte would match.
He's unrestricted and Charlotte will likely start Felton over him. If we offered him the starting position and even a piece of the MLE I think he would come here. Why would he choose backing up a rookie on a loosing team in Charlotte over starting for the Mavs.
PlanoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Knight is what the Bible calls a slacker. Although he can put a good season together, he's destined to follow it up with a bad season.

Even so, Donnie wouldn't offer any part of the MLE simply b/c he doesn't fill a need here. And as far as him starting here goes, he shouldn't. At least, not over what we have now.

And as far as Charlotte goes, they have already said they want to have him back. And as far as unrestricted goes, Charlotte would still match any offer the Mavs make, b/c it won't be high.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 07-28-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't offer him anything more than the vet minimum to be our 3rd PG.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #9
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

"Slacker"' is a Bible term? Wow, I must be reading an odd version cause I have never seen that term in it!!
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

That was a joke that i thought no one would catch on to that i got from Rocky.

~The Salesman
Old 07-28-2005, 07:28 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

haha i thought that sounded familiar..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:13 PM   #12
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Knight isn't even good on video games let alone in person. Why don't we give ROBERT PACK a call?!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:47 PM   #13
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

He averaged 8 assists a game with charlotte, a team that has no one. He is pretty good.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:50 PM   #14
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Brevin Knight... (yawn)
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote