Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-08-2007, 02:12 AM   #1
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default VIZIO...

Does anybody have an opinion?

Ideally I'd love to have the money and room for a huge DLP, but at the moment I'm leaning towards a LCD under 42in. Vizio seems to have carved out a little niche in only a few years.

This'll be the TV. I'm not gonna game on it. Probably won't buy a new DVD player (although we need one) and I'm not turning it into a computer monitor.

http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=16 + tax + wall mount = low 900s.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Check out cnet.com.

Vizio has gotten some nice reviews compared to its price. It isnt perfect but most people wont notice the differences in absolute black and all that. They are also dirt-cheap when you consider that they offer 1080p, which is what the next generation of DVDs will offer.

Only downside is that at 42" you really wont notice the difference between regular hidef and 1080p. Only on 50"+ will you notice the difference.

Plasmas are only 720p, but they offer a lot of punch with black levels and speed.

Anyway, I have the 47" vizio and I am thrilled with it. It looked small at the store but its enormous and it looks incredible with broadcast HD channels.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-08-2007 at 09:35 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Check out cnet.com.

Vizio has gotten some nice reviews compared to its price. It isnt perfect but most people wont notice the differences in absolute black and all that. They are also dirt-cheap when you consider that they offer 1080p, which is what the next generation of DVDs will offer.

Only downside is that at 42" you really wont notice the difference between regular hidef and 1080p. Only on 50"+ will you notice the difference.

Plasmas are only 720p, but they offer a lot of punch with black levels and speed.

Anyway, I have the 47" vizio and I am thrilled with it. It looked small at the store but its enormous and it looks incredible with broadcast HD channels.

Hmm..... I've been pondering this. I want a flat panel HD tv...but I don't want to buy one that I'll regret. I don't do gaming or anything.

I've read the most in depth dorked out methods of shopping for hdtv's. The best one suggested that I take my laptop and a test program they provided, and hook the laptop up to the tv in the store, to perform a color depth test. lol.

Seriously though, these vizio's are ok? I'm wanting to get something by the time the next fall tv season rolls around.