Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to date your best friends little sister?
Yes, you should never date your best friends sister 6 14.63%
No, its fine 11 26.83%
No, as long as you talk to him first. 24 58.54%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it wrong to date your best friends little sister?

I have recently come across some information that my best friends sister likes me and im curious to know the sentiments on this board? She is 17 and im 20 the age differential is a little bit of a concern imo too but im just curious what you guys think? I would like some feed back as well.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-27-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

The main question is how your best friend feels about this. Talk to him before even considering it. Plus she is too young... Careful man!
Old 08-27-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

fyi he has been my best friend since i was 7 so i will be talking to him first.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:12 PM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
The main question is how your best friend feels about this. Talk to him before even considering it. Plus she is too young... Careful man!
Im not plannin on doing anything illegal man, though in texas 17 is legal plus she is about to turn 18. Then again im about to turn 21. Like i said ive known their family forever so its a weird choice to make. I have no clue what im gonna do right now i just wanted some feedback.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

if its not to much trouble i would like to know who voted and how
Old 08-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I have a little sister. I've had several best friends.

Under no circumstances do I want any of my friends dating my little sister. Unless you are a guy with a little sister whom you have to some extent protected all her life, you can't understand the proper amount of dislike you inherently have for anyone your little sister is dating.

I say, it's not worth it. Who knows? Your friend might be cool with you doing stuff to his 17 year old sister. But I'd try to control yourself.

Cheers. best of luck. By the way I hate the guy my little 21 year old sister is currently with. lol.

Let us know how it turns out. :-)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-27-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Go for it (after you talk to him).. age isn't even an issue (in this case) imo

Last edited by Nemesis; 08-27-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:30 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
if its not to much trouble i would like to know who voted and how
Make the poll public next time buddy... I voted C!
Old 08-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

FYI i was talking to her today and the way this came up was that i mentioned my parents wanted me to date her when i was in hs(this is true) she laughed and said her parents wanted us to get married. Her parents absolutely love me. If i get close to deciding to go through with this the first thing i will do is talk to my friend and see what he thinks. if he says no, that will be the end of that. I would never date her if he was opposed to it because like i said, weve been best friends since I was 7.

Plus he is a d1 offensive lineman.

I have a sister though older so i understand to some degree the dislike for people that date your sister.

Dan i didnt know how to make the poll public, this is my first poll.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-27-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:23 AM   #10
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

No problem 5-0... I think there is a checkbox that you flag that does it, but I am not perfectly sure, (it has been a while since I have made a public poll).
Old 08-28-2006, 01:00 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

5-0. It is interesting that both sets of parents approve. I'm willing to bet that your friend has heard this before as well. I'd give him a consideration and let him know what is going on, but his reaction would not be the end all nor should it. Certainly it would be better for you when she hits 18.

Be honest, be open and see what happens. Good luck buddy.

edit- BTW, I voted it is fine and I have two sisters.

Last edited by Drbio; 08-28-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:27 AM   #12
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely talk to your friend first. It'll be awkward I bet, but who knows. Like Dr. said, he has probably heard about this before. Let him know by all means.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:47 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds like a Miller Lite Man Law question.

If it were me, I wouldn't think twice about what my friend thought. I wouldn't even ask him. Well, depending on what you expect from your relationship with the girl. If you are, or would be, at all serious about her, wouldn't it be kinda gay to sacrifice that in order to keep your man-relationship intact?

But still and all, do be aware that any fling with a 17-year old is almost certain to end in disaster. Your best hope is that it's a lot of fun while it lasts.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:51 AM   #14
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I have recently come across some information that my best friends sister likes me and im curious to know the sentiments on this board? She is 17 and im 20 the age differential is a little bit of a concern imo too but im just curious what you guys think? I would like some feed back as well.
First off is she hot? Second, what you should do is just go out with her with out your friend knowing. Even though this will all blow in your face, the ride down is pretty cool.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:01 AM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

oh man

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
Old 08-28-2006, 04:09 AM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
This sounds like a Miller Lite Man Law question.

If it were me, I wouldn't think twice about what my friend thought. I wouldn't even ask him. Well, depending on what you expect from your relationship with the girl. If you are, or would be, at all serious about her, wouldn't it be kinda gay to sacrifice that in order to keep your man-relationship intact?

But still and all, do be aware that any fling with a 17-year old is almost certain to end in disaster. Your best hope is that it's a lot of fun while it lasts.
Gotta go with chum on this one. Especially since it sounds like both sets of parents will be thrilled about it, it very well could turn into something serious. Don't sacrifice that chance over the possibility that your friend might be mad for a little bit. If you guys are THAT good of friends, he will get over it before the wedding

Good luck.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 08-28-2006 at 04:09 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:52 AM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to the friend.
Talk to her parents.
Talk to her.

If it is fine with all of them, then cool. If not, then wait.

If she does agree, and everyone is fine with it;
Keep your head on straight and treat her like a lady.

Have fun, but don't act like you are married, till both of you are ready for marriage and get married.

Done correctly, and even if she isn't the right girl for you, you won't blow the friendships along the way. Do it wrong, and you will destroy all the relationships.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #18
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

why would you want to date her?, relationships are just like the nba.."you stick and move"
Old 08-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Please 5-0... Ignore Chum's opinion on the matter. There are women everywhere in every city all across the globe, but you only have one best friend from age 7.

Some of you are insane... Stick and move??? Geez!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 AM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hahahahaha
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 AM   #21
MavsX
Diamond Member

i'm just kidding...i actually have a girlfriend long term, and would never think of "sticking and moving"..im just saying it for shits and giggles...
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even though this will all blow in your face,
hey now

Quote:
the ride down is pretty cool
hey now
Old 08-28-2006, 08:44 AM   #23
MavsX
Diamond Member

hey now what
Old 08-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #24
Five-ofan
Guru

Wow some of these answers are alot different than i thought they would be. Im not looking for a "fling" with a 17 year old. Im not saying im looking for marriage either but if we do end up dating it will be an actual relationship and not a fling. As for her brother im 99% certain he will be ok with it and im 100% certain her parents are fine with it which is a bit odd considering im in college and she is in HS but like i said theyve known me since i was 7 too.

For those of you saying just ignore him, Not that i matters but would it change any of you guys opinions to know that he is 6-2 305 and benchs over 450 while being a d1 college lineman? Im not worried about us getting into a fight or anything but good lord some of you guys would have me be extremely disrespectful to a guy i have know essentially my whole life.

THanks for the opinions.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #25
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Nope. First, ask for his blessings. Let him know that you do not mean any harm on his sister. And make sure that you wont break her heart or lead her on something that will never be. Worse thing that could happen is you break his sister's heart and then you lose your friendship with you bestfriend. Dig? There aint nothin wrong to it, just make the necessary precautions in order for everything to glide smoothly. Alright? Goodluck 5-0! Keep up posted on any developments. jk loverboy! haha Again, Goodluck buddy!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #26
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Let the Lord guide your ever seeking light and praise his name all the days of your life. For the goodness and glory....dah da dah da da
Old 08-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #27
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Amen! Jah Bless!

And also bless Jah's green goodness!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 08-28-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #28
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Bros before hoes.......

Of course, the terms apply very loosely here, I'm not calling her a hoe at all, that's how the saying goes.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #29
Five-ofan
Guru

i know the saying and thats partially why i made this thread. What has been overlooked by many largely because i didnt mention it, in knowing him since we were 7 ive known her since she was 4 too and she is also one of my closest friends.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Hit it and quit it brah!
Old 08-28-2006, 02:57 PM   #31
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Hit it and quit it brah!
Uh no.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #32
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I have a little sister. I've had several best friends.

Under no circumstances do I want any of my friends dating my little sister. Unless you are a guy with a little sister whom you have to some extent protected all her life, you can't understand the proper amount of dislike you inherently have for anyone your little sister is dating.

I say, it's not worth it. Who knows? Your friend might be cool with you doing stuff to his 17 year old sister. But I'd try to control yourself.

Cheers. best of luck. By the way I hate the guy my little 21 year old sister is currently with. lol.
Are you saying that your comfort is more important than your sister's (and your friends') happiness?
Old 08-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
Are you saying that your comfort is more important than your sister's (and your friends') happiness?
I'm saying that the sure thing, that is to say, the long time good solid friendship of a couple of guys who have known eachother for a long time - IS more important than a potential relationship that may or most likely (as I look back on 17 year old girls I knew back when), may not last and potentially cost you your friendship.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-28-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #34
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I'm saying that the sure thing, that is to say, the long time good solid friendship of a couple of guys who have known eachother for a long time - IS more important than a potential relationship that may or most likely (as I look back on 17 year old girls I knew back when), may not last and potentially cost you your friendship.
I know, thats pretty much the only thing preventing this at the moment. I have to make up my mind by this weekend though.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #35
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I had a situation like this a few years ago. My friend was implying for me to hook him up with my sister. I just said she's kinda dating somebody (she wasn't), and eventually it blew over. Another fact people ignore is the way two guys can go into graphic details about women. My friends are perverts, and i don't really care to make decisions in my sister's love life either. What she does is none of my business.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 08-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #36
MavsX
Diamond Member

Crash and burn huh mav?
Old 08-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #37
MavsX
Diamond Member

Five o fan, you should reverse baby trap the girl, that way you and the brother can be brothers...Its genius!!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #38
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Why would it cost you the friendship?
Old 08-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well good luck man either way. We're rooting for you whatever you decide to do.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:04 PM   #40
MavsX
Diamond Member

yeah, rooting for you to crash and burn
Closed Thread

Tags
classic threads