Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to date your best friends little sister?
Yes, you should never date your best friends sister 6 14.63%
No, its fine 11 26.83%
No, as long as you talk to him first. 24 58.54%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
yeah, rooting for you to crash and burn
haha well see.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #42
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for being a dick, i do think its pretty funny though..im just saying those things because

1 i'm an idiot
2 its funny
C user cp points!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #43
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for being a dick, i do think its pretty funny though..im just saying those things because

1 i'm an idiot
2 its funny
C user cp points!

damn auto smileys
Old 08-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #44
MavsX
Diamond Member

you go out there five o fan and get you a nice piece...
Old 08-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #45
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

even though yall have no clue whom im talking about i dont want it out there that i would be doing this for a "piece" she is an extremely strong christian who doesnt believe in sex before marriage so that is most definitely not why i would be doing this.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #46
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
even though yall have no clue whom im talking about i dont want it out there that i would be doing this for a "piece" she is an extremely strong christian who doesnt believe in sex before marriage so that is most definitely not why i would be doing this.
no sex? no dice...trust me my man that is a situation that you do not want to get in to. That is going to make you so annoyed and over time pissed off.

Trust me when i say, its not worth it man. Plus what about all those college hunnies...thats where its at. You don't want a girlfriend during your first few years of college....
Old 08-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #47
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

also, why is there a deadline of this weekend for you to decide? that throws up a red flag right there. does she have some other guys lined up, but she just gave you right of first refusal?

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-28-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #48
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
also, why is there a deadline of this weekend for you to decide? that throws up a red flag right there. does she have some other guys lined up, but she just gave you right of first refusal?
No, there is no deadline. i just need to make a decision one way or the other. Its self imposed.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #49
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

5-0, how did all this go down...anything decided yet?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #50
MavsX
Diamond Member

i've recently come accross the information that my sister likes me. Shes only 17 and i'm 39. Although i am best friends with my best friend, i think he will support me. Do you think i should ask myself or do you think i should talk to your dad. Wait this is my sister..sweet. or i can keep having sex with myself...
Old 08-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #51
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't think it's wrong as long as you talk to him first. I wouldn't want my friends dating my sis though.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-28-2006, 06:28 PM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I was thinking the same thing. There's something about this whole scenario that seems...scripted. First all the having to get a bunch of other people's permission...then having a deadline to wrap it up all by...I don't know, man, but it doesn't like the seeds of a strong and healthy relationship.

It might be best to let it sit on the back burner for a while and revisit the issue in five years or so.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #53
Five-ofan
Guru

thanks for the responses-some of you. I will now make my decision i just wanted some feedback essentially like the man law commercials. Im done with this thread now so you can keep replying if you like but ive gotten the answer i was looking for.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #54
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Where are the pics?

I'm not voting til I see some visual aides.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #55
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Where are the pics?

lol.

I dont know how old everyone else is here, but I'm 24 and I understand the nice young lady in question is 17 so.....

But I don't think that Mr. Five-O is going to play along with you there Cap....
Old 08-28-2006, 10:57 PM   #56
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I understand the nice young lady in question is 17 so...
...there's prolly grass on the field.

Again pics would be helpful.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:00 AM   #57
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i've recently come accross the information that my sister likes me. Shes only 17 and i'm 39. Although i am best friends with my best friend, i think he will support me. Do you think i should ask myself or do you think i should talk to your dad. Wait this is my sister..sweet. or i can keep having sex with myself...
Hit it and quit it brah.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:03 AM   #58
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Five-O, I was in a similar situation when I was 17 (I'm 21 now). My best friend's sister had lived with her mom in another city since she was 9 when their parents split but she just moved in with her Dad and my best friend and now went to the same high school as us. We both had early release our senior year and I would give her a ride home everyday. One day we were talking about school and I said I was struggling in my math class and she offered to help me. So I would then go to her house everday after school and she would help me with my math homework. After about two weeks, I started to sense that she liked me and I too was starting to wonder what it would be like if we were together. She was very pretty, probably the best looking girl in the school and smart, so I had to ask myself the same question that you have right now.

Then my best friend asked me if I liked her and I said "no she's just helping me with my math" and he said something like "well, I dont like that you are spending a lot of time with her when its just you two at the house", and I said "I understand but trust me, its nothing like that" He said that he trusted me and that he knew I blew at math so that it was OK. We laughed it off and that was the end of the conversation. My friend has always been real protective of her and has gotten into fights before because of guys saying certain remarks about her around him, not knowing hes her brother. And like your friend, he also played football, was a lineman, and could've crushed me.
After a little while longer, I felt that I had to give it a try with her and I told her about my earlier conversation with her brother and we both agreed that nobody should know. So for the next almost two years we would hang out and do everything that most couples that age do (eat, movies, bowling, get it on) all covert status. And it was actually really fun knowing we were doing all this stuff together and nobody knew anything.

I know this has turned into kind of a long story but I could presumably write a book about this as it went on for so long and all the lying, planning, and all the weird places we would chill at that we knew none of our friends/classmates would be at to bust us is pretty funny thinking back about it. Her and I still joke about it, a lot of "remember when....". One funny thing was everybody around school thinking she was gay because she seemed so uninterested in all of the other guys at the school and nobody could figure out why because she told people she didnt have a boyfriend.

It all depends on your friends personality and your gut feeling about how he would react. I had a good idea about how my friend would react so thats why I did what I did. And in hindsight, I'd say it was the right decision because he is still my best friend and his sister and I are still great friends and we still occasionally bone. niiice
Does this girl know that your interested in her? Does she know your concerns about your relationship with her brother if you two started dating? Get her thoughts before asking the friend. She might have the same concerns for you and maybe can help? Im sure she's thought about it like you have.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #59
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Where are the pics?

haha! i'm with you capitalcity--- shes probably a deuce-deuce and a half! haha
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #60
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...there's prolly grass on the field.
Hot Sports Opinions
Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #61
MavsX
Diamond Member

im just trying to get over 1,000 posts before the season starts
Old 08-29-2006, 09:29 AM   #62
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Dear Five-ofan.......... I voted for no. I agree with chumdawg on this one. Having faced a similar situation myself I would strongly discourage it.

Is it wrong to date your best friends little sister?
Wrong, no. Inadvisable, maybe, probably and yes.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:36 AM   #63
MavsX
Diamond Member

ha! where did you get those photos of dirk in the mini??
Old 08-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #64
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
ha! where did you get those photos of dirk in the mini??
From here
http://dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26438
There's a link there on the first post. Check it out, enjoy buddy!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
Old 08-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #65
D-Ball

D-Ball will become famous soon enough

Quote:
i know the saying and thats partially why i made this thread. What has been overlooked by many largely because i didnt mention it, in knowing him since we were 7 ive known her since she was 4 too and she is also one of my closest friends.
Call me cynical but this cannot end well. I am assuming that in the course of this 13-year relationship with these two friends, you guys hang out together. The way you all inter-relate would change dramatically. If even one of you is too immature for that, it could ruin both friendships.

For instance, I am assuming you met your best friend first and the little sister came along later or you became friends with the sister later in some way. He may feel your friendship is stronger than the bond with you and his sister. If you become serious with the her, he may feel jealous or threatened that he's not the one with the stronger bond. This is a problem with any girlfriend and best friend, but he also has the role of brother to play, and in this case, he could exploit that role when expressing his anger or in trying to change things back to the way they were.

If the relationship with the sister is simply sexual, he would be negligent in his role as the protector to tell you to stay away from her. Hearing your best friend say that you aren't good enough for his sister could be damaging to your friendship or he may simply lose respect for you because you treated his sister like a piece of meat.

You have to talk to him first, make sure he gives the okay, or it will never work. Obviously, you have to talk to the sister, too. It will take a tremendous amount of energy and effort on your part to maintain both relationships and navigate landmines. For instance, if she has a problem with her brother independant of you, you may feel compulsion to fix that problem by exploiting your friendship with her brother. In fact, the sister may even lobby you to do so, and at 17, telling her no could lead to her feeling you aren't a devoted boyfriend.

There's nothing wrong with dating a best friend's sister, but I think it may be too soon to consider it. All three of you would have to be extremely mature your your age for it to run smoothly.

Last edited by D-Ball; 08-29-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #66
MavsX
Diamond Member

remember d-ball there is no sex, in this particular instance....sounds worthless right?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #67
MavsX
Diamond Member

five o already said that she is a virgin, and thats not why he would be dating her. which is the only reason why i would date her..is to have sex..not the other way around
Old 08-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #68
D-Ball

Quote:
remember d-ball there is no sex, in this particular instance....sounds worthless right?
Sex is not the only thing in a relationship. But if 5-0 is already best friends with this girl...why date her? Is what's gained worth more than potentially losing your two best friends? If it were my decision, I would say no. There's only so far the relationship can go. You can't reach a level of intimacy, in my opinion, that would be worth it.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #69
MavsX
Diamond Member

i know sex isn't everything, and that goes without saying. I do however think sex is a very important part of the relationship..this guy talks about dating this girl like hes going to marry her....what if she turns out to be a cold fish in the sack...that could be a deal breaker....regardless though..this is five-os decision..one though that i think we are all clowning on him for
Old 08-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #70
D-Ball

Quote:
this is five-os decision..one though that i think we are all clowning on him for
That's a risk when asking for advice in a public forum. She's too young to know what she wants from him and the fact she's a virgin proves she doesn't have enough experience to even begin to make that determination, especially if we're talking marriage. The timing is way off.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #71
MavsX
Diamond Member

yeah, honestly though..i wish more guys would post this kind of crap on here, i love clowning on them..just to be "that guy". its strickly entertainment.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #72
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

well, my brother is 18 months younger than me and I at times had crushes on his high school teammates but nothing ever came of it because I was the all-too-cool senior and they were juniors. However after my brother started playing basketball at Austin College, I didn't care what he thougt about the situation. If the guy was hot, I was going after him. That was in my agressive I'm a size 4 and you know you want me days. It worked for a few. I think I dated 3 of them. then behind my back I was proably called a tease, but whatever, I had fun.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #73
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
well, my brother is 18 months younger than me and I at times had crushes on his high school teammates but nothing ever came of it because I was the all-too-cool senior and they were juniors. However after my brother started playing basketball at Austin College, I didn't care what he thougt about the situation. If the guy was hot, I was going after him. That was in my agressive I'm a size 4 and you know you want me days. It worked for a few. I think I dated 3 of them. then behind my back I was proably called a tease, but whatever, I had fun.
Tease
Old 08-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #74
MavsX
Diamond Member

tease!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #75
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sounds like a girl I'd be interested in. You need to respect that, and if you won't then you should just leave her alone dude. Don't pressure her about it, respect it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-29-2006, 09:33 PM   #76
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
i know sex isn't everything, and that goes without saying. I do however think sex is a very important part of the relationship..this guy talks about dating this girl like hes going to marry her....what if she turns out to be a cold fish in the sack...that could be a deal breaker....regardless though..this is five-os decision..one though that i think we are all clowning on him for
You don't have to have sex with every girl you go out with you know. He can still have a good relationship without bringing that into it.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #77
D-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
You don't have to have sex with every girl you go out with you know. He can still have a good relationship without bringing that into it.
Sex is a part of relationships and without experience no one knows what they like, what they are good at, and where it ranks in their priorities for a relationship. Imagine determining what movies you like without ever seeing one or handing out driver's licenses without any instruction. This is the only normal behavior in society where we discourage experience and knowledge.

That being said, it is not the denial of sex that is the problem in this specific instance. He already has a relationship with this girl that exceeds casual; he claims they are best friends. It is not the fact a 17-year-old want to wait to have sex - that's admirable. But if he is looking to explore a deeper relationship with this girl, and he can see the limits of how close they can become--is it worth disrupting two close friendships for that?

This is about intimacy, not the sexual act.

Last edited by D-Ball; 08-30-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #78
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Sex is should only be parts of a relationship of a married couple imo. And I was just addressing what MavsX said.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:47 AM   #79
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Hmm..

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
Old 08-30-2006, 10:55 AM   #80
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the 21st century, nashtymavs.

Tags
classic threads