Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
I am accustomed to eating the same old chocolate cake I have always been eating... The damn icing is even the same... Eh well... I think I might have some pie next year!

Hmm...sounds like you need to talk to the chef dude. On your bday, you're supposed to have that cake a little bit sweeter than usual.

You know Dan, it takes more than 5 minutes to bake a quality cake.

Wait....what were we talking about?
Old 05-19-2007, 01:10 AM   #42
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Hmm...sounds like you need to talk to the chef dude. On your bday, you're supposed to have that cake a little bit sweeter than usual.

You know Dan, it takes more than 5 minutes to bake a quality cake.

Wait....what were we talking about?

Flac... Only if the cake is different will the cake be sweeter than usual! Unfortunately, the cake mix, recipe, and icing are always the same. As a result, the taste never changes...

I agree on the timing for a cake... I usually allow the wife to work hard on the cake for roughly 30 minutes or so and then I enjoy the cake for about 2 minutes before my cake is cleared from my plate. She still has some cleanup to do with the plates and what not, but that isn't my problem as I am always clean, (I use a fork, ya know)!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #43
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Flac... Only if the cake is different will the cake be sweeter than usual! Unfortunately, the cake mix, recipe, and icing are always the same. As a result, the taste never changes...

I agree on the timing for a cake... I usually allow the wife to work hard on the cake for roughly 30 minutes or so and then I enjoy the cake for about 2 minutes before my cake is cleared from my plate. She still has some cleanup to do with the plates and what not, but that isn't my problem as I am always clean, (I use a fork, ya know)!
A computer geek who can use a fork.....What is this world coming to?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This thread quickly turned to gold....
Old 05-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #45
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
This thread quickly turned to gold....
How has cake talk turned this thread into gold?

Old 05-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #46
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

'Cake' is the only reason anybody anywhere ever did anything
Old 05-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #47
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Lol, this thread is awesome.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:47 AM   #48
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

happy bday to dude with good taste in music!
Old 05-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
happy bday to dude with good taste in music!
Going the distance? Going for speed?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #50
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Amen to that!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #51
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Old 05-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #52
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I especially like those cakes with the big hole.

Yummy!