Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-23-2018, 06:14 AM   #81
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/MikePradaSBN/sta...39498150498304

Jesus that's bad. And apparently it happens so often that it's a recurring thought, so then it's reeeeeeeally bad.

Also I like perusing the opposing teams forum when we play to get their thoughts on the game from the other side. What I usually come away with is literally every fan base respects RC as a coach they'd want. It's why as much as I get frustrated with us winning games and people questioning whether he is the right guy for a rebuild I absolutely do not want him to leave. Jason Kidd gets fired and he will prolly get another job in the off season but not really a guarantee(more because of name not because he is actually any good imo). If RC were fired his voicemail would be flooded before he got home with offers.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-23-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2018, 08:06 AM   #82
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
https://twitter.com/MikePradaSBN/sta...39498150498304

Jesus that's bad. And apparently it happens so often that it's a recurring thought, so then it's reeeeeeeally bad.

Also I like perusing the opposing teams forum when we play to get their thoughts on the game from the other side. What I usually come away with is literally every fan base respects RC as a coach they'd want. It's why as much as I get frustrated with us winning games and people questioning whether he is the right guy for a rebuild I absolutely do not want him to leave. Jason Kidd gets fired and he will prolly get another job in the off season but not really a guarantee(more because of name not because he is actually any good imo). If RC were fired his voicemail would be flooded before he got home with offers.
And that's exactly why Rick is trying to teach Smith to play off the ball. It's soooo important to play the game without the ball in your hands all the time.

But frankly, Wall has always been overrated. He can't shoot and turns it over all the time. Very undisciplined game where you don't know what Wall you will get night in and night out. Low BBIQ IMO.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #83
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Wall when engaged is a damn good player. Seems like he's been coasting all year. Didn't he sign a mega extension this offseason? Wonder if we'll see Beal for Boogie this summer
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #84
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
How long will you be in town for?

I've only been to one Mavs game well ahead of the tipoff time, and that was a preseason game. I think I arrived about an hour before tipoff. I was able to watch the Hawks' rookies & back of the rotation players do some shooting drills. I remember 2 of their vets were out there going through some stretches & I think ballhandling drills, but nothing exciting. I never saw any Mavs players out of the floor, so they must of got their time in before hand.

I know I did hear Coach Carlisle say on tonight's pre-game radio interview that the Mavs have their team meeting 28 minutes prior to tip off, so Dirk & other vets get 8 more minutes to warm up in the weight room with exercises designed to get their muscles loose. So, you definitely need to be there more than 28 min prior to tip to see the Mavs put in any work. My best guess would be to play it safe tho and be there as soon as they open doors to the public, probably 2 hours prior to tip.
Appreciate it. I’m only in town for Wednesday so maybe Deep Ellum and Downtown.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #85
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Watching the Salah exchange with the ref the ref was an asshole. Salah is just asking for an explanation without being aggressive. The ref just keeps repeating “its their ball” and then Td Salah up. The foul in question was garbage but he could at least give an explanation as to what he seen.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #86
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@Mavs_FFL: JJ. Barea’s response to Wall calling him a midget: "Now I have somebody in the NBA that I don't like. But I don't think his teammates like him either."

I felt that burn in AZ. Ouch.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@NBA: Dennis Smith Jr's 360 leads Monday's Top 10 Plays!
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/955824717658599424

Kleber block at #3 as well, only defensive play in the bunch... I recommend watching it on MUTE.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #88
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@NBA: Dennis Smith Jr's 360 leads Monday's Top 10 Plays!
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/955824717658599424

Kleber block at #3 as well, only defensive play in the bunch... I recommend watching it on MUTE.
Mavs finally get some plays in top 10 (Smith to Kleber oop should have been on there a few days ago) and it’s cringementator of course. Seriously NBA how hard is it to have goatmentator do the top 10 every day?
Old 01-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #89
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

JJ. Barea’s response to Wall calling him a midget: "Now I have somebody in the NBA that I don't like. But I don't think his teammates like him either."

"He's trying to be a tough guy when he's not."

Man, Wall is too small for JJB... he's taken on the likes of Andrew Bynum and Blake Griffin. Go home Wall... you've been overrated since getting punked by J Lin in summer league.

a quick youtube search indicates scuffles also with Westbrook, Ray Allen, and KG (speaking of fake tough). love that guy!

Last edited by Scoobay; 01-23-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #90
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

That Wizards team was tough to watch last night. Lethargic and totally disinterested. Beal was the only guy that looked like he gave a damn. There was one point leading right up to halftime where Morris was pulled (thinking maybe 10 seconds left) and he sloooowwly walked towards the bench and ended up sitting on the scorers table a few feet in from the coaches. He'd be on my shitlist yesterday if I were Scott Brooks.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #91
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think Jabari is off the block now that Kidd is out.
I never believed he was on the block in the first place. Jabari and Giannis paired just fine prior to the former's injury.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:07 PM   #92
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Brooks or Lue are next
Brooks has always been overrated and I have no idea how Lue is still the coach of the Cavs.