Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-11-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default drumroll please....a topic that is so explosive that you probably shouldn't read if you are weak at heart.......

Quincy Carter is better at playing his position on the football field than eddie najera is at playing his position on the basketball court..

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 12:12 PM   #2
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default drumroll please....a topic that is so explosive that you probably shouldn't read if you are weak at heart.......

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quincy Carter is better at playing his position on the football field than eddie najera is at playing his position on the basketball court..
Look, I enjoy bashing Mexicans as much as the next guy but daaanggg. Did Najera or Chiwas bang your girlfriend/wife/daughter or what?

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
Look, I enjoy bashing Mexicans as much as the next guy but daaanggg. Did Najera or Chiwas bang your girlfriend/wife/daughter or what?
Try to show some class and leave your racist comments off this board.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:58 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 01:04 PM   #5
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Try to show some class and leave your racist comments off this board.
Sheesh, it's just a joke. Plus "Mexican" bashing, like basketball, is a year round sport in my neighborhood.

Old 09-11-2003, 01:14 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

racists aren't tolerated here
Old 09-11-2003, 02:19 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This topic exploded alright.....just not in the direction we thought it would.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 02:24 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
This statement really crossed the line.

Quote:
Sheesh, it's just a joke. Plus "Mexican" bashing, like basketball, is a year round sport in my neighborhood.
And this one wasn't any better.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 02:29 PM   #9
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Fine I'll stop kidding around. Murphy asked for it so I gave it to him.

I guess I shouldn't call my kids little coconuts then either.

Old 09-11-2003, 02:52 PM   #10
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Back to the point. That got me going more than my cinammon latte at starbucks this morning.

Najera is a role player. I'm not even a big fan of his. But he assumes his role and does a good job of it. In fact, you might say he's an excellent role payer. He's a superstar at doing the low-profile, blue-collar, hustle, bang-up job that the Mavs ask of him...

Q on the other hand is not a role payer. A QB can't be a role player. It contradicts the job description. Quincy is asked to do a job that he SIMPLY CAN NOT DO.

Apples and Oranges.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:00 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

actually, najera really doesn't do an excellent job at his role. when his role only involves cleaning up the glass on the offensive end and providing energy, then you can say he does an excellent job.

however, as long as playing defense and grabbing d'boards are part of his role, it's ridiculous to say that he does an excellent job accomplishing his goals
Old 09-11-2003, 04:38 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: drumroll please....a topic that is so explosive that you probably shouldn't read if you are weak at heart.......

I will start a thread comparing Madona and Nash. Maybe this way I can say I'm an "intelligent basketball poster" [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]. ...and objective. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 04:46 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

qtard actually throws a pretty good deep ball when he's in the pocket. he usually hands the ball off pretty well
Old 09-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
qtard actually throws a pretty good deep ball when he's in the pocket. he usually hands the ball off pretty well
Nice Murph.... We all know why you have started in on the names. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 04:52 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry U2, but he will be called Qtard or whatever until he doesn't suck anymore.

As for the question "Why should we keep talking about him?" goes....if fans of their teams did not talk about the players...good and bad...message boards would be nothing. Qtard plays the QB position of Americas team. He is playing the poition of interest on the most visible team ever. He will face extreme criticism for his bad play and if he ever does something good, he will get heaps of praise that are overdone as well. It is the nature of being a Dallas Cowboys QB.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 05:13 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Sorry U2, but he will be called Qtard or whatever until he doesn't suck anymore.

As for the question "Why should we keep talking about him?" goes....if fans of their teams did not talk about the players...good and bad...message boards would be nothing. Qtard plays the QB position of Americas team. He is playing the poition of interest on the most visible team ever. He will face extreme criticism for his bad play and if he ever does something good, he will get heaps of praise that are overdone as well. It is the nature of being a Dallas Cowboys QB.

Criticism and Bashing is 2 different things. QTard is not a criticism because I have a hard time believing Quincy Carter is retarted. Maybe the lisp throws people off.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 05:21 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

on some levels he is...he throws a ball that is often retarded by the slightest breeze. the slightest breeze and his ball wobbles.

his ability to make intelligent decisions becomes greatly retarded when he's forced to scramble and make decisions on the run.

Old 09-12-2003, 09:57 AM   #18
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: drumroll please....a topic that is so explosive that you probably shouldn't read if you are weak at heart.......

i dont even know why we're talking about hutch in this thread.

hes the freakin 3rd string qb for a terrible football team. he cant beat out an undrafted rookie free agent qb (Romo) for the backup spot. Hutch is running the scout team for a reason. Because he is a pure scrub.

make no mistake about it, hutch's career here in dallas is over. he's deader than fried chicken.

i've probably been the president of the quincy carter patience club. if he doesnt show anything and he gets the majority of the starts this year, i'll be on board with going in a different direction. but truthfully, i think all he needs is some good coaching and a man who will consistently have a foot up his ass to keep him motivated and to work hard.

he has the physical talents. he now needs someone to translate those talents into tangible goods in terms of production on the field. like i've said before, if he plays consistently scrubbish for 4-5 games feel free to bash away. but being on his case after 1 game is a bit extreme when he's on his 4th offensive system in 4 years.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:03 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

i don't think he has the physical talents.
can you teach a guy to throw the ball well consistently? If so, ever half way intelligent guy with a good arm would be in the NFL

i don't know if he can physically be an accurate enough of a thrower to play at the NFL level
Old 09-12-2003, 11:50 PM   #20
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

I agree with EVERYTHING aexchange said, exactly everything.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

is that a good or bad thing? if i were aexchange, I'd be insulted to have you agree with everything that he just said.
and if i were aexchange, it'd definitely make me rethink my stance