Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #41
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all
Default RE:World Series of Poker

well, although i know i'm jinxing myself, i won't be checking in on this thread very much, and when i do, i'll be bypassing all of chaffy's long posts. as a poker-on-tv addict, i want to wait for espn's coverage. last year, i almost got halfway thru all the television coverage without finding out who won anything and then ultimate bet put a big headline on their sign-in page about greg raymer winning. i was pissed. its like hearing the score of a mavs game you've recorded when you're on the way to the house to watch it. i emailed them and told them they should have a link for people who want to know, but not give it away for people who don't.

anyway, does anyone watch the poker superstars on fox? i don't find it as entertaining as the wpt or the world series, but i like that, with repeated exposure to them, you kinda develop a list of your favorite players by their playing style, personality, etc.

one poker show i can't watch is poker royale on the game show network. i've tried it a few times, but just can't get thru it.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #42
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

The first run of Poker Superstars Invitational was pretty good, and was one of my favorite poker shows. The second season has been horrible. Maybe it's just going to be for the preliminary rounds, but the blind structures have been awful. There is very little "poker" being played, just an all-in fest. That's my opinion on that.

Regarding my posts: I'm going to keep posting results unless I get an overwhelming response not to do so. I'll make sure to thow a SPOILERS and a bunch of spaces in for future events.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #43
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

no, no, post away. i wasn't asking you to stop. i just know now to be careful when i read your posts on this thread.

on poker superstars, i agree that by the time it gets heads up, the blinds are so big it ends up being about getting a couple good hands in a row and not playing poker. its like the final table of a turbo tourney - the blinds are so big, everyone has to go allin or fold every hand.

i do like the rotating format of this year's version. and it'll be interesting to see how it works once they get down to 16.

i also feel better about following sklansky's books as the bible since he's playing so well.

sidenote: since the tourney idea seems to have died, maybe we could just get a few of the regular players together and start a 6 or 10 player low $$ nl or limit table at one of the sites people play at. i play ub, fulltilt, and have an account at party, so any of those would work for me.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #44
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: World Series of Poker

when does the WSP 05 come out on DVD?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:00 AM   #45
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Spoiler Alert!

Some might call it WSOP Episode 05: Revenge of the Pros. After the huge jump in event size last year (caused by the Moneymaker onslaught) the World Series saw many amateur winners. Well, the Pros have figured it out, and are taking the World Series over once again. Among the bracelet winners this year are Allen Cunningham, Eric Seidel, TJ Cloutier, Josh Arieh, Mark Seif (an incredible 2 bracelets), Barry Greenstein, Phil Ivey and Todd Brunson. Amazingly, both Johnny Chan and Doyle Brunson set/tied the all-time record by each winning their 10th WSOP bracelet, Chan in Pot-Limit Holdem, and Doyle in Short-handed NL Holdem. Phil Hellmuth and Berry Johnston tussled over the record for most cashes in WSOP history, and going into the Main Event, both are still tied. Hellmuth is also looking for a 10th bracelet of his own.

In a shock, Actress Jennifer Tilly won the Ladie's No Limit Hold Em event.

It's looking like about 5600 players in the main event, which started yesterday. Currently playing the 2nd day of 3 "Day 1 heats." After Sunday, the field will be combined, and it will play down to the end.

Early chip leaders after Day 1a included Lee Watkinson, Layne Flack, and last year's champ, Greg Raymer. Day 1b has seen Sam Farha, Phil Hellmuth and others off to good starts. If anyone wants updates on specific players, feel free to ask and I will do my best to find. (Name type pros, I'm not in vegas, so I don't know about your buddy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 07-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #46

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Awesome. Keep us updated Chaffy.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #47
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Turns out my little brother's buddy took 4th place in the $1500 No-Limit Event (Webber Kang)

His run ended when he had a pair of 10's, went all-in pre-flop and was called by JJ and AK.

The flop was J 10 2.

Set over set. Unbelievable. He still came out $170K richer.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:54 PM   #48

That's awesome aex. I'm going to hopefully try and enter one of those smaller events such as the $1500 No-Limit when I turn 21. $170k? That's badass.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #49
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His run ended when he had a pair of 10's, went all-in pre-flop and was called by JJ and AK.

The flop was J 10 2
Ouch!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #50
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone know when the 04 dvd is coming out???

also, Chaff you have got to keep us informed about the leaders...good job so far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-11-2005, 10:17 PM   #51
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

My little brother's friend is sitting in 11th place in chips on the 3rd day of play in the main event of the WSOP.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tour...en=logs&type=2

The provides a list of updated chip counts. Go Webber Go!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:23 PM   #52
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

My brother was telling me earlier that apparently Webber got his entry into the main event by being a complete donkey. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

With 2 players all in in front of him, Webber has pocket 4s and calls.

Player A shows aces. Player B shows kings. Webber spikes a 4 on the flop to hit his set and neither player improves.

My brother plays 3/5 NL with Webber and says that he is one of the worst cash players at his game. Either Webber has considerably tightened up his game or he is catching an unbelievable number of hands. Either way, its still a pretty interesting story. Really nice kid from what my brother says.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:39 PM   #53
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Spoiler Alert:

We are now in Day 3 (actual Day 5). Notable names among the chip lead are Howard Lederer, Greg Raymer, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi. They have already reached the money, paying out 560 players. They are currently down to approximately 300 players. Phil Ivey, Mike Matusow, Layne Flack, 1994 champion Russell Hamilton, Lee Watkinson, John Juanda, and Dutch Boyd are all in decent position. Also, Olga Varkoyni, wife of 2002 champ Robert Varkoyni is doing very well, sitting on an average stack of 180,000.

Sam Farha was eliminated just a few minutes ago. After a nice start on day 1, Phil Hellmuth went on an ugly run of cards and was eliminated before the night was through. First prize is expected to b 7.5 million.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:08 AM   #54
sike
The Preacha

and yet no one can answer my dvd question.....

one more try: "Does anyone know about the 2004 dvd set?"

Old 07-12-2005, 07:43 AM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Me Sike!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:28 AM   #56
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

as i follow the WSOP online, i ran across a funny hand.

Quote:
Card Player Update Log
Date / Time: 2005-07-12 13:53:00
Title: Wang goes all-in on Butt
Log: With the flop showing Ks-8s-8c-7h-Qc, James Butt leads out for $50,000. Bing Wang comes over the top of Butt, going all-in. Both players show Q-8 and Butt and Wang chop, showing the nuts.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:35 PM   #57
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
Click Me Sike!
thanks, j!

Old 07-16-2005, 02:22 PM   #58
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Aussie Aussie Aussie, OY OY OY!

Old 07-17-2005, 02:13 AM   #59
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
I was starting to think that he only Aussies that played poker were me and that arrogant, painful ingnoramus otherwise known as Tony G!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:59 PM   #60
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Quote:
I was starting to think that he only Aussies that played poker were me and that arrogant, painful ingnoramus otherwise known as Tony G!
Well, you've got someone to be proud of now.

Old 07-17-2005, 06:28 PM   #61

Looks like many of the pro's and well-knowns started out pretty strong, but in the end all the amateurs and unknowns came out on top. Good for the McKinney guy though, I'd give anything to place 3rd and get 2.5 mil.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:46 PM   #62
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

From reading the updates, the two top players at the table (after Matusow's early elimination) were Andrew Black, and Tex Barch. Unfortunately, poker being what it is, the best players do not always win. The 2nd place finisher, Steve Dannenman, luckboxed his way through most of the final table. I did like the way that Hachem played his game. He must have been completely card-dead for the first 5-6 hours of the final table, but hung around, staying at approximately 4-5 million in chips until it got down to 5 players. He made a stand with Q7 against a raise, and got lucky to beat Aaron Kanter's 99 when a Q flopped. But, now that he finally had some chips, Hachem went to work. He played a very aggresive game, and slowly accumulated chips until he was the chip leader. It was a pretty interesting tournament overall. Should make for pretty good TV.

WSOP starts airing on ESPN tomorrow with some of the "WSOP Circuit" events that lead up to the Tournament itself.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:37 AM   #63
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Quote:
Well, you've got someone to be proud of now.

Good call.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #64

BUMP

Aex, I missed the episode last week but just watched the replay and got to see your brother's buddy Webber take out 3 different players at that final table, including Raymer. Incredible. I was rooting for him every hand. Granted he did win quite a few coin flips such as the pockets against his AK and AJ. That very last hand was crazy though, 1010 vs. JJ vs. AK. That's a killer when he flops a lower set. Congratulations to him though, 4th place and winning $175,000. Not bad at all.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:49 AM   #65
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Member
BUMP

Aex, I missed the episode last week but just watched the replay and got to see your brother's buddy Webber take out 3 different players at that final table, including Raymer. Incredible. I was rooting for him every hand. Granted he did win quite a few coin flips such as the pockets against his AK and AJ. That very last hand was crazy though, 1010 vs. JJ vs. AK. That's a killer when he flops a lower set. Congratulations to him though, 4th place and winning $175,000. Not bad at all.
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tour...&screen=result

Looks like Webber won another tournament. Wow.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #66
sike
The Preacha

dang...how old is this kid?

Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #67
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
Turns out my little brother's buddy took 4th place in the $1500 No-Limit Event (Webber Kang)

The flop was J 10 2.

Set over set. Unbelievable. He still came out $170K richer.
So, the World Series has started again. I quoted this post, because your boy Webber Kang is at it again. He's closing in on a final table of event #3, the $1500 buy in Pot-Limit Hold 'Em event. John Juanda, Randy Jensen, and Rafe Furst are all still in the running as well.

Edit: Wow. I jinxed the hell out of him, he went out in 13th place.

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 06-30-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:25 AM   #68
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Keep us updated Chaffy, I also occasionally watch this. I want to enter a small tourney when I turn 21 too.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #69

WEBBER KANG OF DALLAS, TX, US
Lifetime Winnnings: $509,231

way to go Webber! aex do you ever talk to him?
Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #70
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

WSOP entrants by year since 2003....

2003: 839
2004: 2,576
2005: 5,619
2006: 8,773
2007: 6,358
2008: 6,844
2009: 1,989

Wow. That number just flat out plummeted.

The online poker craze hit...ESPN helped it along...a lot of people went to Vegas a couple years in a row and blew $10,000+ and then the economy collapses and those people figured out that blowing $10,000 isn't actually all that much fun.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #71
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member View Post
WEBBER KANG OF DALLAS, TX, US
Lifetime Winnnings: $509,231

way to go Webber! aex do you ever talk to him?
Sorry, just seeing this now and no, I haven't ever spoken with him.

My brother and I stopped playing much poker, although I'm going back to Vegas in August and may play some low NL just to donk around.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #72
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

The online poker craze hit...ESPN helped it along...a lot of people went to Vegas a couple years in a row and blew $10,000+ and then the economy collapses and those people figured out that blowing $10,000 isn't actually all that much fun.
I show

Buy In:
$10,000
Top Prize:
$8,546,435

Entrants:
Pos. Paid:

But yes, a big drop. I think it will hover around 3000-3500 for awhile.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:33 AM   #73
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

phil ivey in the final nine of the main event.

i think this just became must see tv for me again.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
phil ivey in the final nine of the main event.

i think this just became must see tv for me again.

Oooohhhh.

That definitely piques my interest.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #75
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Oh no! What is Helmuth's excuse going to be if he doesn't win it all?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Darvin Moon - 58,930,000
James Akenhead - 6,800,000
Phil Ivey - 9,765,000
Kevin Schaffel - 12,390,000
Steven Begleiter - 29,885,000
Eric Buchman - 34,800,000
Joe Cada - 13,215,000
Antoine Saout - 9,500,000
Jeff Shulman - 19,580,000

Yeah, but he is really up against it. He'll make a move very early one way or the other with that stack.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #77
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

What a way to possibly break out of your big slump...win the Main Event.

He's got a shot, you just need to get to the final table and have some ammo.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
I show

Buy In:
$10,000
Top Prize:
$8,546,435

Entrants:
Pos. Paid:

But yes, a big drop. I think it will hover around 3000-3500 for awhile.
I took that number straight from wsop.com on the 2nd or 3rd day of the main event, then you get this number, and now the USA today says there were 6,494...? Why is it so hard to figure out how many there were?

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/200...-of-poker.html
Old 07-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #79
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
What a way to possibly break out of your big slump...win the Main Event.

He's got a shot, you just need to get to the final table and have some ammo.
Haha.. I don't think he is in a slump.. He is considered by many pros to be the top poker player in the world.

He has won 2 bracelets this year already. Just never in No Limit Hold 'Em.

Hopefully Phil just doubles up quickly and rides the wave.

Last edited by nikeball; 07-16-2009 at 06:55 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Haha.. I don't think he is in a slump.. He is considered by many pros to be the top poker player in the world.

He has won 2 bracelets this year already. Just never in No Limit Hold 'Em.

Hopefully Phil just doubles up quickly and rides the wave.
Oh, didn't know that about the bracelets this year.
That definitely changes it haha. I just remember seeing him on Final Tables of WPT tournaments and etc and not really being able to do anything once he's there.