Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #41
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I doubt the price will be right though, but yes it would be nice.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the trade forum.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:49 AM   #43
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I hate the trade forum.
Yeah sometimes the pointless rumors can get annoying, but sometimes people actually come up with fair realistic trades that are fun to talk about. I actually like the trade forum a lot, only during the offseason or right before the trade deadline though.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #44
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Just somewhat of a new thought:
I have been reading about rumors, and I know they are just rumors, but trying to put 2+2 and actually get 4 with so much speculation is fun but also futile.

With that said, I have fun trying to figure out what the braintrust is thinking, and where they are going. Being a coach of kids, I tend to look at skillsets, and not players.

Now to my scenerio. I have been reading that the Mavs are interested in Martin. Also that Stack is going nowhere. I have not heard anything about Croshere coming to town yet or a media day for him. I know they are interested in Mike James, and talking with him. IMO, if you have James and Terry -- Harris PT and need has dwindled somewhat.

If the Mavs have somewhat given up on Harris ( I am not saying they have), and they sign James. Would Denver and Dallas do a deal like?

Martin/Boykins for Croshere/Harris/ SNT KVH ? ?

If the Mavs have somewhat given up on Harris , then this deal makes a little sense to me (as long as Martin's knee is healthy).

Martin (if healthy) is Dirks backup, and is versitile enough to play both the 3 and 5 for short spurts.
Howard will play both the 2 and the 3.
Boykins is the #3 PG, who can allow for Terry/James to play the 2.
James will be a 1/2 combo like Terry and can add to the offense and defense.

If you started James, Terry, Howard, Dirk, and Diop and had a 1st line bench of Boykins, Stack, Martin, Damp.........with Griff, DJ, and Powell. That would be pretty stout on both ends of the floor, and I would expect Pops or Marshall to be there as well.

Going small would be exceptionally fast with Boykins/James/Terry/Howard/Dirk. They could run with Phoenix.
Going Big with Terry/Howard/Martin/Dirk/Diop.
Need Offense Terry/Stack/Howard/Martin/Dirk
Need Defense James/Howard/Martin/Dirk/Damp

Very, Very versitile team.........all "if Martin is healthy".

Denver would be moving Martins contract, getting a good PG in Harris, getting an expiring contract in Croshere, and getting a vet backup 3/4 in KVH. I can see Denver doing it fairly easily.
Dallas would be getting a true undersized PG (like Avery) in Boykins who could be a #3 guard, and a tough backup for Dirk that adds amazing versatility to the team.

I actually kind of doubt this scenerio because I think Dallas wants a 3 pt threat at the Big position to pair with Dirk, and Martin definately isn't that, but I think it is one scenerio that might work to win the title ---- IF Martin is healthy.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #45
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Just somewhat of a new thought:

I will find and assassinate donnie nelson if he does that trade. Fortunately donnie is one of the best in the business so he wont.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #46
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Awful just awful idea.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You cannot package Croshere per the CBA at this point.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio

I thought you had a certain amount of time to turn around and trade him. Isn't that how three way deals are fascilitated? Don't you have like 24 hours from the official announcement to package the guy in another trade?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #49
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
That would be true, if he had actually signed the trade stuff. But, none of that happens till tomorrow (12th), so the 60 day wait window doesn't actually start till tomorrow either. It would end up being either a 3-way or waiting 60 days.......or not at all (which is what I expect).

Just throwing it out there for some thoughts.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #50
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

I thought you had a certain amount of time to turn around and trade him. Isn't that how three way deals are fascilitated? Don't you have like 24 hours from the official announcement to package the guy in another trade?
I think you can trade one-for-one, but not in a package deal involving more than one person.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #51
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I hope losing Mike James doesn't make Cuban/Donnie trigger happy.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote