Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dal-ATL(Puts us over the top)

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jerry Stackhouse
6-6 SG from North Carolina
13.0 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 27.7 minutes
Devin Harris
6-3 PG from Wisconsin
9.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 3.2 apg in 22.7 minutes
Incoming
Joe Johnson
6-7 SG from Arkansas
20.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.5 apg in 40.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: -2.7 ppg, -0.9 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Atlanta Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Joe Johnson
6-7 SG from Arkansas
20.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.5 apg in 40.7 minutes
Incoming
Jerry Stackhouse
6-6 SG from North Carolina
13.0 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 27.7 minutes
Devin Harris
6-3 PG from Wisconsin
9.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 3.2 apg in 22.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: +2.7 ppg, +0.9 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

I am firmly in the devin harris fan camp. That said after the recent trade, he becomes tradeable for the right deal. This my friends is the right deal. It would involve taking on ALOT of salary from cuban though. As for the hawks, they need a pg. I know they have like 4 of them but they arent that good. Devin can be that guy for them and they would then imo be a very solid core along with actually having a somewhat balanced position by position roster. THis also saves them alot of money.

Mavs new lineup

Jet/AJ
JJ/Buck/Ager
Josh/JJ/dirk/Pops?
Dirk/Croshere
Damp/diop/damp.

That team wins the next two titles barring injuries imo. JJ is the second star ive wanted forever and he is the perfect compliment to jet because he can run the O. I would hate to give up devin but i dont see how we could pass this up if we could get it.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #2
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly this trade can never happen now as i have mentioned it on the internet which is the kiss of death for a trade.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...it won't happen...but I love the idea of Joe Johnson...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This might have restored my faith in this forum....which 99.9% of the time is a waste of time.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This is actually a decent offer, the Hawks might do it and it'd be great for the Mavs. I like JJ a lot, and he seems like he'd be a good fit.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

BTW i would throw in a first round pick if that was the difference between them doing or not doing this deal. From the hawks point of view, this lineup could almost make the playoffs next year. Heck if smith ever plays a whole season like he does the second half i certainly think they could.

Devin/Speedy/salim
Stack/ivey/childress/smith
Smith/childress/williams
Williams/williams(shelden)/smith
Zaza/Williams(shelden)/?

I think that is a decent lineup in the east. Zaza is a decent center and the other guys are all solid. That is also a ridiculously athletic lineup.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #7
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

that to me looks like a terrible lineup. i would take bobcats lineup over that.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Part of it is my man crush on devin harris who i think will be a stud the instant he gets minutes. Another part was counting on smith being the guy he has been at the end of both of the last two seasons. He is becoming the individual version of the golden state warriors in that he shines once the season is essentially over and gives you hope for the next year. Marvin williams is an extreme talent to go with him. They are easily the most athletic front court in the nba. Put them with devin and throw in zaza who averaged 12 and 8 last year and i like that team. Josh Childress is very solid as well. I would actually start him at the 2 in this scenario if i was them though he is a 3.

As for the smith part, btw in april he averaged 17.5 7.6 4.2 3.3 and 1.45. That is a better version of ak 47. I dont know if he can ever do it when it matters but i was saying what they could look for optimistically.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Devin Harris has way to much potential upside to trade him in a package for anyone other than a top flight marketable superstar.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #10
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Devin Harris has way to much potential upside to trade him in a package for anyone other than a top flight marketable superstar.
agree
Old 07-24-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Devin does have a lot of potential, but I think JJ puts us over the top with a good shot at multiple championships in the years to come. JJ is pretty young too.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 07-24-2006 at 06:52 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

I guess i should have come up with a crazy trade scenarion involving one or more denver big man. People seem much more interested in those.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I like Johnson and hate his contract, I think if the Hawks would do this we would in an instant. Terry and AJ can run the point easily between the two and Johnson, Buckner, and even Ager wouldnt be bad at all. That said I dont think the Hawks would do it, I dont know if the league sees what we see in Harris when they are secure with Johnson as their #1 guy.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:30 PM   #14
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Why would the Hawks do that trade? They blew a wad on PG Speedy Claxton plus they already have a shoot-first pass-later young PG in Salim Stoudamire who looks like he'll be pretty good so they don't need Harris, and they have Royal Ivey as the 3rd-string PG.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Claxton is a good backup pg, no more no less. SS is a spot up shooter. Ivey is as much a 2 as a 1 and he is horrible offensively.(im about the biggest ut fan on this board so it hurts me to say that). The other thing is that belkin is more than likely about to gain control of the team and if you remember, he is the one that was thoroughly against the JJ contract. Stack essentially allows them to clear the contract while getting a guy with stud potential. As for the mavs, obviously they do it in an instant.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sorry but I would trade him in a package for Joe Johnson.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:47 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:

I think you might be surprised how marketable JJ would become on a good team where he is the second option.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #18
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

JJ would instantly become the 2nd best player on the team...how much longer til Devin becomes that? And JJ is NOT that much older.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #19
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I think you might be surprised how marketable JJ would become on a good team where he is the second option.
http://www.82games.com/0506/05ATL3D.HTM

Can you say overrated? ATL actually scored more and gave up less with Johnson on the bench....
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

JJ is what 25 and devin is 23 right?
Old 07-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

That may be true but i guarantee you that would change on this team. He is a beast.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:16 PM   #22
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
http://www.82games.com/0506/05ATL3D.HTM

Can you say overrated? ATL actually scored more and gave up less with Johnson on the bench....
That is an interesting stat since i generally do look at it alot before i make judgements on players. However after watching jj alot he can play.